Disney Fine Art Photography?

JoyMarie

Earning My Ears
Just wondering about experiences people have had with Disney's photographers for ceremonies/receptions. I see that many go with outside photographers. We are trying to keep cost minimal but also want good pictures! We are doing the shortened Wishes experience.

Thanks!

I don't have any personal experience with DFAP, but I do know that you can request a certain photog, but you are not guaranteed to get that person.

Just my opinion follows:
If you're doing the shorter Wishes, your minimum expenditure is $3000. If you go with Disney for photography, that will eat up that $3000 very quickly. I know they made a package especially for mini wishes that is lower ($2000?) but it is only 4 hours. If you want more time (getting ready pictures, etc) you have to go up to a more expensive package, and then you're going to be going over the minimum. Unless you don't plan to spend anything on decor, entertainment, transportation, etc, especially for mini Wishes, I think your best bang for your buck is going to be outside photography. I understand it makes sense to go with Disney for couples that are doing standard Wishes on days where the minimum is $8000 or $10,000. But if you're looking to spend the least amount of money, I don't think DFAP is your best choice. Just something to think about. There are many outside photographers that are cheaper than Disney for more hours, and you can find one whose style fits what you're looking for.

Thank you for your helpful response! We are actually not planning on any transportation and will be keeping floral/decoration quite minimal. We also are trying to keep costs down (which I am sure is what most people try for!). They sent me the quote for photography for the shorter package as $1995 for four hours of coverage, which would be fine for us. Perhaps we could get a better deal with an outside photographer but if we need to hit that $3000 we may as well use Disney, as long as the picture quality is good! This stuff gets crazy. We may need to wait and see what other things we will add to the expenditure. :) I appreciate your help and opinions!

Thank you for your helpful response! We are actually not planning on any transportation and will be keeping floral/decoration quite minimal. We also are trying to keep costs down (which I am sure is what most people try for!). They sent me the quote for photography for the shorter package as $1995 for four hours of coverage, which would be fine for us. Perhaps we could get a better deal with an outside photographer but if we need to hit that $3000 we may as well use Disney, as long as the picture quality is good! This stuff gets crazy. We may need to wait and see what other things we will add to the expenditure. :) I appreciate your help and opinions!

Definitely make a list of everything you may need to pay Disney for that would go toward your minimum expenditure. The sooner you can do this to get an idea, the better, as if you realize you may want to go with outside photography, the earlier you can book, the better! When are you getting married?

To help with your list, I would highly recommend the Disney Passporter for Weddings and Honeymoons, Carrie (@lurkyloo ) is the author and it has all the information you could possibly need. Get the e-version, any time it's updated you can download the update for free.

Little things can add up. Using myself as an example, we're planning very minimal decor, Ariel's doesn't need much (no flowers, and I'm having my bouquet made out of park maps, not through Disney), but I imagine centerpieces will cost us at least a couple hundred, even if we make them very simple. Then we will have a DJ (~$1000) or iPod hookup (~$300-$500). Many of our guests will be staying at Pop or POFQ, so we'll need to transport them to Sea Breeze Point and back from Ariel's. Unless all of your guests are staying where your events are, it is customary to provide them with transport. Or if everybody is staying off site, then you tell them to drive themselves. A good number for us will be staying at Beach Club and some off site, so at least we can save there. Not sure where you're having your ceremony and reception.

If you do decide to stick with DFAP, make sure you research each of the photographer's work/style to see which you think would be the best fit for you. Then give your top 2 or 3 to your planner as your preferences.

Good luck!

I decided to wait to reply to this until after the shoot as I wanted to be more informed but even the initial process with Disney Fine Art Photography I was really happy with the overall experience.

I went through the work of the photographers and picked my favourites. I got allocated my favourite Beth and she was AMAZING. I'm thrilled with all my preview images and I can't wait to get the full size prints.

We had a second shooter on the ceremony day and got Mike whom I found quite likeable. He got an amazing shot of me which I love. There's still loads of images to come through but the ones I've seen so far I adore. And I've been sent previews of some of the "must haves" which I adore.

The next day we did a double shoot at EPCOT and DHS and it was so much fun. We had Jacob assisting Beth who was great. Again we got some great shots.

If you go to Pinterest of Beth and Mike you'll see some of the shots.

http://pin.it/9bcZYQd
http://pin.it/wF75EB6
http://pin.it/arpsbzZ
http://pin.it/m-KPv2l

http://pin.it/Tg4wIxJ

The only outside photographer I was considering who had a style I liked was Regina Hyman. But I just found working with Disney Fine Art perfectly fine and I'm thrilled with the results.

I've had 3 experiences with then: our engagement photos as Epcot (awesome!) I had them for my Disney cruise wedding in February and they were simply extraordinary. We also did a magic Kingdom photo shoot (Formal but not wedding attire) right after our cruise wedding and it was amazing as well. I really like them, but I do know some have had less than perfect experiences. Just make sure you know the shots you want and be prepared to give the photographer a little nudge if need be, but mine have always been perfect!

Related question - do you have to get one of the photography packages or can you do it a la carte with DFAP? Say you don't want the prints and albums included with the package, just the archival disc - can that lower the price?

I went with outside photography for my Wishes wedding. I used Randy Chapman and had an absolutely wonderful experience! He captured everything I wanted him to and more!

We used DFAP for our MK Photoshoot and Dessert Party. We had Ty both times. We loved him too! The photos we received for both shoots were amazing. I have too many favorites.

If anyone would like to see my photos, send me a PM and I can friend request you on Facebook.

Definitely make a list of everything you may need to pay Disney for that would go toward your minimum expenditure. The sooner you can do this to get an idea, the better, as if you realize you may want to go with outside photography, the earlier you can book, the better! When are you getting married?

To help with your list, I would highly recommend the Disney Passporter for Weddings and Honeymoons, Carrie (@lurkyloo ) is the author and it has all the information you could possibly need. Get the e-version, any time it's updated you can download the update for free.

Little things can add up. Using myself as an example, we're planning very minimal decor, Ariel's doesn't need much (no flowers, and I'm having my bouquet made out of park maps, not through Disney), but I imagine centerpieces will cost us at least a couple hundred, even if we make them very simple. Then we will have a DJ (~$1000) or iPod hookup (~$300-$500). Many of our guests will be staying at Pop or POFQ, so we'll need to transport them to Sea Breeze Point and back from Ariel's. Unless all of your guests are staying where your events are, it is customary to provide them with transport. Or if everybody is staying off site, then you tell them to drive themselves. A good number for us will be staying at Beach Club and some off site, so at least we can save there. Not sure where you're having your ceremony and reception.

If you do decide to stick with DFAP, make sure you research each of the photographer's work/style to see which you think would be the best fit for you. Then give your top 2 or 3 to your planner as your preferences.

Good luck!
ah you are doing what I want! Ariels and SBP!! Are you doing wishes, mini wishes or escape? I would love advice! and is the $1000 for DJ for the whole reception?

ah you are doing what I want! Ariels and SBP!! Are you doing wishes, mini wishes or escape? I would love advice! and is the $1000 for DJ for the whole reception?

We actually just switched and we are now doing a 7:30pm ceremony (still at SBP) with reception immediately following in Epcot at Eau de France. So we're not going to have a DJ or iPod anymore. We are doing mini-Wishes. I believe $1000 for the DJ is for 3 hours with no uplighting. Now we will be spending our minimum expenditure money on lighting for SBP, site fee for Eau de France, viewing fees for Illuminations, among other things.

I never had my heart set on Ariel's, so when this new time became available for mini-Wishes, we jumped on it. Our original thought was to do an Escape wedding with dessert party (with more substantial food) as reception before mini-Wishes was an option. Then when mini-Wishes came about, it allowed us to upgrade so we could invite more people, and we got the Thurs noon timeslot. Regular Wishes on a Thursday was never an option for us (min expenditure is too high), so we couldn't do the night time ceremony until they opened up 7:30pm time for mini-Wishes. So it all works out in the end.

We actually just switched and we are now doing a 7:30pm ceremony (still at SBP) with reception immediately following in Epcot at Eau de France. So we're not going to have a DJ or iPod anymore. We are doing mini-Wishes. I believe $1000 for the DJ is for 3 hours with no uplighting. Now we will be spending our minimum expenditure money on lighting for SBP, site fee for Eau de France, viewing fees for Illuminations, among other things.

I never had my heart set on Ariel's, so when this new time became available for mini-Wishes, we jumped on it. Our original thought was to do an Escape wedding with dessert party (with more substantial food) as reception before mini-Wishes was an option. Then when mini-Wishes came about, it allowed us to upgrade so we could invite more people, and we got the Thurs noon timeslot. Regular Wishes on a Thursday was never an option for us (min expenditure is too high), so we couldn't do the night time ceremony until they opened up 7:30pm time for mini-Wishes. So it all works out in the end.[/QUO
Your wedding sounds lovely!! I really love ariels, as I lost my dad years ago, but the beach was always our place, so I want to have it there to feel him with me!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter