Disney finally sees huge abuse of the GAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can go right ahead and get a GAC for nothing. I can't stop you and you will be the one that has to live with your guilt. I'm intrigued by the fact that you claim you aren't against the GAC, but are planning on protesting it by using it when you don't have a need. So your platform is "yes to the GAC but no to anyone who needs to use it"? Sounds legit.

Agree, except that I doubt he will have any guilt to live with. He has already determined that there is some unfair advantage to having a disability and therefore can justify counteracting that advantage by fraudulently obtaining a GAC. Some people are capable of justifying anything they want while accusing others of abuse.

No, he couldn't. Like, ever. Good day or bad day, it doesn't matter and anxiety isn't the problem.

You can go right ahead and get a GAC for nothing. I can't stop you and you will be the one that has to live with your guilt. I'm intrigued by the fact that you claim you aren't against the GAC, but are planning on protesting it by using it when you don't have a need. So your platform is "yes to the GAC but no to anyone who needs to use it"? Sounds legit.

::here's where you enter in yet another pointless diatribe about how you are all for the GAC when people have a legitimate need that only you can determine. And that life isn't fair unless it's your kid, then it better be fair. Cue it in 3...2...1...::

I know you want to paint me like a jerk. But I am really not. And I do feel for the daily struggles you endure. The good people are not abusing the system. But you and I both know the number and level of GAC has increased enough for Disney to actually start reviewing the process.

I read the literature on the GAC and based on how I feel I plan to obtain one. I also plan to report how I used the card. I do not feel guilty bc I do believe I would benefit from some extra assistance.

It is fairly simple. Disney's park... Disney's decision. True front of the line access is what celebrities or the President received. Do you think Tom or Suri waited in line? Life is not fair and is never going to be. If Disney wants to allow someone to use the alternate entrance because a person cannot climb the hill or descend the stairs to ride BTM that is their call. Little Billy is not better than little Susie, but evidently Disney feels that if they can make access available to most that is what they are going to do. I applaud them for making the effort and to those abusing the system should be ashamed.

Agree, except that I doubt he will have any guilt to live with. He has already determined that there is some unfair advantage to having a disability and therefore can justify counteracting that advantage by fraudulently obtaining a GAC. Some people are capable of justifying anything they want while accusing others of abuse.

I never said there was a benefit to having a disability. There is a reported benefit to the use of the GAC card. I intend to obtain the card and report back on how I used it and how it compared to other trips.

Well since obviously GAC abuse has become rampant and Disney is becoming aware of it maybe they should work it like the FP+ ! Meaning that the recipient is given 10 FOTL passes to use each day at the parks whatever rides they choose and as a family you plan accordingly. I mean it is silly to think that a family traveling with someone with a disability is going to get to everything they want in a day when the average family can’t . To me that would be a win win for everyone involved.

Once again some folks cannot play nice

Subject and thread are now closed.
This topic may NOT be re-opened in another thread(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter