• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Express

Joanne UK

<font color=red>My favourite is Big Thunder Mounta
Can you only get this service if you book your holiday through Disney?

I looked on Eurostar website and got a quote for £278 - standard class including a seat for Emily who will still be 2 when we next plan on going. Phoned Disney for a quote and they've quoted me £352 Eurostar. If I book the travel with Eurostar and the hotel and park tickets with Disney does anyone know if we'll still be able to have Disney Express?

Thanks,
Joanne

Thanks Elaine,

The first time we went we didn't have Disney Express but we did book it for the return journey. It's just so handy getting your tickets on the train and checking in when you've finished in the park. I miscalculated on my original thread - Disney's quote was actually £108 more than booking direct with Eurostar so I think for that differance I'll forfeit Disney Express on the way there and just pay for it separately on the last day.

Joanne

Wow, £108!!! :scared1: What an increase. Its obvious that you will pay more with a package because you are paying for the sheer convenience of it all but £108!!! We booked it all independently in the end because with 5 of us we couldn't afford to stay in a Disney hotel onsite and Disney wanted to charge us nearly £2000 for a 5 night stay in the Explorers! We booked the Explorers direct, are going first class on the Eurostar :snooty:LOL and are going to buy annual passes and we will still save over £300! It would have been a very expensive luggage service for us!!! :rotfl2: Mind you, I would have preferred to stay at a Disney hotel. :sad1:

When are you thinking of going again? My apologies if you have mentioned this already on a thread, I will blame it on my age!:rotfl2:

We're going again in November. We were going to go on Emily's birthday - she'll be 3 and have a character birthday tea for her. Now we're going to go earlier cos she was wary of the characters last week, can't see her changing that much in 4 months so we'll hopefully go for her birthday next year.

£2000 quoted for a holiday in DLP - is it that much dearer to go to Florida?

Joanne UK said:
£2000 quoted for a holiday in DLP - is it that much dearer to go to Florida?

I think DLP is on a par with WDW, especially in the school holidays. We've worked out that three trips to DLP (our two this year and the one we are planning to do in 2006) will equal the cost of our 3 weeks to WDW in 2007. I think this is why a lot of people won't consider DLP, I must confess to originally being one of "those people" myself! However, we cannot afford to go to WDW for three weeks every year, and doing DLP inbetween WDW holidays means we get a Disney fix in 2005 and 2006!!!

I am really looking forward to going to DLP, it is MUCH easier to get to than WDW and we cannot wait to experience a genuinely COLD :cold: Disney Christmas.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter