Disney Express (2 Day, 4 Park Adventure) Trip Report ~ September 2021

Obligatory pictures on the Skyliner. This is a little after 5PM

20210915_170800.jpg

IMG_7460.JPG

Epcot security stopped Dave for the first of many times this trip. At least he didn't have a knife in his pocket this time. :faint:

There was one person in front of us at guest services. It didn’t take long to get Hope set up and we got a card for Ric since he didn’t have a Magic Band. Then we started our walk to Beaches and Cream.

IMG_7463.JPG

The map was sucky. It told us we were here, but that’s not where we were and it took us a while to find the place.

IMG_7464.JPG

We asked at the pool area and they told us to go back and then go inside. We did that and in the lobby, we didn't see where the ice cream shop was so we went out the front door and that wasn't right either. We finally found our way and tried to check in early (about 5:45) but Beaches and Cream said we could check in 15 mins before our time. Ugh

It was too hot to stay outside so we waited in Beach Club lobby. While we were there we checked out the gift shop and Dave and Ric got their resort mugs. My cousin video called while we were sitting there. She had a trip for the following week and she calls her travel agent on a regular basis. I also video called my brother and talked to my nephews. And we took these pictures

20210915_184301.jpg

20210915_184359.jpg

A kid scared the hell out of me. He poked his head around the side of our seat and I wasn’t expecting anyone to be there.

At 7:00 we made decided to head back to Beaches and Cream and continued our wait there.

I liked that area. The lights were cool. It was pretty, but it looked funky – like it was going to rain.

Dave spent some time talking to a CM that was from our area. It must have been a really busy night because even though we checked in 15 mins early, they seated us late. Around 7:45 we were seated and hungry! We used all the wait time wisely and were ready to order.

The look was unexpected, it had more of a 50s diner vibe than a beach place.

It didn't take long and we were finally eating. I was a bad trip reporter and forgot to take pictures before we ate.

20210915_200555.jpg

Ric had the Cheddar-Bacon-Ranch Chicken Sandwich

I liked it. It was a good chicken sandwich. A mark above fast food. 3/5

20210915_200551.jpg

Dave had the French Dip Sandwich

The sandwich I give a 3. A little disappointed. The meat was dry. The bread was okay. 3/5

20210915_200548.jpg

I got the cheese and bacon tots. This was good and I was glad I got it, but it was a little too rich. 3.5/5

20210915_200544.jpg

Hope ordered the mac and cheese.

This was pretty good. I like that they put goldfish on top. It gave it a nice crunch. 4/5

Stayed tuned for the ice cream...it deserves it's own post!

Enjoying your report.

Where are you at in LA? I grew up in Avondale, went to LSU but have ben in Nashville for almost 30 years now. But my family is all still on the westbank of NOLA. Mom got hit pretty hard by IDA...starting her roof repairs FINALLY this week!

Can't wait to hear about the whirlwind trip!

Well, Hope got sick so we didn't go. Tomorrow is Dave's birthday so we celebrated closer to home. We did a blind whiskey tasting at home.
Sorry to hear that and I hope she's better! But that charcuterie board looks delicious lol
We finally found our way and tried to check in early (about 5:45) but Beaches and Cream said we could check in 15 mins before our time. Ugh
Yeah they've had the 15 minute policy in place since reopening at all the restaurants; and if you don't know where B&C is it can certainly be confusing! That's actually the first place DH and I ate on our post-COVID return in July 2021 :)

Enjoying your report.

Where are you at in LA? I grew up in Avondale, went to LSU but have ben in Nashville for almost 30 years now. But my family is all still on the westbank of NOLA. Mom got hit pretty hard by IDA...starting her roof repairs FINALLY this week!

Can't wait to hear about the whirlwind trip!

Thanks! I'm about 45 mins from LSU. We currently live in Ascension Parish, but I'm originally from St. James Parish (which is a couple parishes over from Orleans.) My parents still have a couple people living with them that are waiting for a roof.

Sorry to hear that and I hope she's better! But that charcuterie board looks delicious lol

Yeah they've had the 15 minute policy in place since reopening at all the restaurants; and if you don't know where B&C is it can certainly be confusing! That's actually the first place DH and I ate on our post-COVID return in July 2021 :)

She is better, thanks! I think Dave had a really good time and I'm so glad he did. I was a bit bummed he was having to miss this trip and I did my best to cook up a plan B.

It's been a while. I was sick for a couple of weeks in there, but now I'm down to a slight cough. Let the story continue.

I was on the fence about ordering the ice cream. It was getting late and I didn't want to get stuck with end of night lines for the Skyliner at Epcot, but Hope insisted. Apparently I talked a lot about getting this cute sundae and a sink and I was not to leave without it.

At 8:21 this masterpiece arrived.

20210915_202158.jpg

It was a big beautiful mess. Dave isn't a fan of chocolate on his ice cream so I requested the chocolate on the side. We ended up with chocolate on the ice cream and a bowl on the side.

20210915_202153.jpg

But the dessert was so massive that he was able to eat around the chocolate.

4/5 The ice cream was great. Ice cream was the best part of the meal except Dave ate all of the peanut butter. I really, really liked the fudge sauce. Having on the side was a great idea.

Ice cream was good and I only had like 3 bites of peanut butter. 3.5/5

We managed to finish this thing off by 8:30.

20210915_202943.jpg

On the way out, Dave stopped to use the restroom and I got a little sand for a project. Then we stopped to admire the new Gustav's sign.

Even with those stops we managed to get to the Skyliner station before the fireworks started at Epcot.

Not the best photo, but it was nice seeing the fireworks from the Skyliner.

Screenshot (474).png

Ric decided to get a MagicBand (he picked a white one,) so we headed to the Everything Pop Gift Shop for him to get one and they filled their new mugs before heading back to the room.

I thought there would be more of a selection of bands. It was worth getting the band. Going through the gate and having things in your hand, it’s nice to not have to dig that card out everytime.

We were up early for our first park day and had PB&J Uncrustables for breakfast in the room.

By 7:26 we were out the door.

20210916_072641.jpg

We stopped by Everything Pop to fill up drink mugs (coffee for dave and powerade for Ric.)

Then we headed to the bus stop. We got there around 7:34. The line for the bus to MK was a bit long when we got to it. I wasn't sure if we would make it on.

20210916_073404.jpg

But we made it and of course it was standing room only when we got on. This was one of those fancy ones that are two busses connected. At 7:44 I was standing on the part that connects two busses and whenever the bus would turn, my feet would move. That made for an interesting trip. Hope:
Yeah, I had to try really hard not to fall over.

20210916_074438.jpg

We made it to MK security just after 8 and both guys got stopped.

8:09 pic with train station
20210916_080955.jpg

Ric: It was more crowded than I thought it would be since the reason we went was that the parks weren’t crowded.

At 8:17 Ric got his first Magic Kingdom Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.

20210916_081741.jpg

Ric: I give it 4/5. It would have been good if I had a good straw, but I didn’t.

We warned Ric about the paper straw situation, but you just don't get it until you try it.

Hope needed a bathroom break, so we sat at a table near Casey’s to wait. Next we took pics with the 50th Anniversary Castle and some statues.

20210916_083837.jpg

Hope's not a big fan of picture taking, as shown here.

20210916_083849.jpg

20210916_083941 (1).jpg

Ric: Kyle Pallo said we had to.

20210916_083958 (1).jpg

We had snacks before the park opened while sitting on the bricks outside of Adventureland. There was a larger crowd than I expected at the Adventureland rope drop.

We waited about 10 mins for Jungle Cruise. At 9:14 we were waiting for the next boat.

20210916_091455.jpg

Ric: It was exactly like y’all described it. Great that it wasn’t a long line. The queue wasn’t spectacular but I like that you could see the boats and the water while you waited. The animatronics were cheesy and the skipper was corny and cheesy like y’all described. The landscaping was really cool.

Dave: It was okay.

I think that's one of the longest waits I've had at rope drop, but when we got off posted wait was 40 mins so I'm glad we went then.

We arrived at Pirates to a posted wait of 10 mins, but our actual wait was closer to 5 mins and at 9:42 we were on that boat.

Dave:
It was floaty

Ric:
It was floaty and boomy. I wasn’t expecting the cannons to splash us. I didn’t think we’d get wet on the ride. But I like it. I like the story through the whole ride and how it ties into the movies. And the smells, that was the first time I noticed how there were different smells on a ride.

Then it was time for me to have a bathroom break. Ric:
How was it? Dave: I was just going to say that. Me: It was very relieving.

They stayed in the gift shop. Dave:
They had a lot of stuff for sale. Ric: I didn’t look much cause we couldn’t bring stuff back. Hope: Couldn't bring stuff back? We brought an entire puzzle box back. :ssst: Spoilers!

part 1 coming soon...

Where were we ... ah, yes.

We headed to my favorite attraction at Magic Kingdom, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. In a stunning turn of events, the posted wait was 5 min, but we waited 10.

This is one of my top rides and I loved it as usual. Ric:
It was like medium sized thunder, it wasn’t really big. I’m apprehensive about any roller coaster cause I get motion sick, but it wasn’t as fast as I thought. Lots to see. Reminded me of Silver Dollar City. I liked it. The turns wasn’t too bad. The stops were a little abrupt, but it wasn’t bad. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad it wasn’t a long line, but it looked like there was a lot to see.

Dave: It rattled and bumped around. It was good.

Hope: Possum!

IMG_7510.JPG

Splash Mountain had a posted wait of 10 mins at 10:09 and we were on in 9 mins. Hope and I had a meat/cheese/nut snack in line.

20210916_102930.jpg

Dave:
It was wet. Me: Did you get wet? Dave: Sprinkled. Ric: I like it. I remember reading that story as I kid. I think the bear was showing his butt a little too much. There’s some inappropriate stuff going on at Disney, but we not going to talk about that. I thought it was good. I know it’s older and I expected it to look a little more run down than it did. The drop surprised me. I’ve been on other log rides before and never felt like they sped up and this one I did. I like that you got splashed but you didn’t get soaked.

When we got off we heard a dad say “You have all day to dry off!” and got a good laugh about that. I guess it was the way he said it, or maybe things are funnier at Disney.

20210916_102912.jpg

I’m so glad we got to ride before refurbishment. I took this picture before it's gone. (Kingdom Keepers)

My touring plan had us at Haunted Mansion, but the wait was too long. I walked to Peter Pan to get a DAS return time.

Then we got Hope a popcorn snack. I loved the 50th Anniversary popcorn box.

Ric used the bathroom at Tangled. Gonna have to make him watch that movie. Ric:
All for the bathroom? Me: Yes! Hope: Fair

After some rest time for Hope we went on Small World. It had a 5 mins posted wait and we waited 7 mins.

IMG_7515.JPG

Hope:
I was already exhausted.

20210916_112003.jpg

Dave:
It was little. Ric: No it wasn’t little. One of the longest rides we rode. Dave: It had little people. Ric: Yes, lots of little people. They are called kids. It was a must ride for going the first time. Cause it’s an original and it’s referenced in so many movies. It didn’t wow, but it was a classic and I liked it. I don’t feel like I have to do it every time.

Next up was Peter Pans Flight
Dave:
I meant this one when I said floaty. But I guess they are both floaty. Ric: That was flying Dave: so, you was still in a boat. Ric: Yes, dear. Hope: Neither of them were floaty, they were both on metal tracks.
Ric: One of my top favorites of the trip. It was kinda surprising. You start off on a floating thing and I had no idea when it transition from water to air. It was very smooth and actually made you feel like you was flying. There was no jerking and that was shocking. Flying over London was cool. I just really liked it. One of my favorites.

After we landed, I did the mobile order thing for Columbia Harbor House. This is one of our favorite places to eat in MK. While waiting for our notification from CHH, I walked over and got a return time for Haunted Mansion. On the way back I looked around the gift shop. There was this cute dog bowl and I love this puzzle. Hope: You don't now. :ssst: Spoilers!

20210916_114228.jpg

We got our notification that our order was ready and went inside.

20210916_115441.jpg

Hope took a nap for a bit on the bench while we got the food.

Dave:
Not as good as I remembered it. The shrimp was okay. Hushpuppies okay. Fries were weak and Fish weaker. 3/5

Ric: Plenty of food. Fries were fries. Fish tasted like the oil was too hot or it was old. Shrimp was okay and the chicken was too. Inside of the place was nice. Plenty of seating. It was bigger on the inside than it looked on the outside. It was hot, like the a/c didn’t work. 2.75/5

For the first time that I can remember, I didn't enjoy Columbia Harbor House. The fish was bad. I don't think any of us ate it past the first bite or two and it's the first time I remember being hot in a Disney building. 1.5/5

This is also the point where I realized the cord we packed for the battery pack didn't fit my phone. I wasn't able to take as many pictures as I wanted. Next time I'm bringing a back up phone just for pictures.

After lunch we heading to the Haunted Mansion. It had a posted wait 35 mins.

IMG_7540.JPG

Using Hope’s pass we got into the next stretch room.

Dave:
It was good as usual. Ric: It was haunted. I remember the singing heads from the movie, so that was neat. The ballroom scene was awesome. I never heard anyone talk about the doors. The doors flexing was cool. The knocked knocking made me jump.

Ric went get a DAS pass for Seven Dwarves Mine Train while the rest of us rested outside of Mickey's Philharmagic.

Once we got in line for the show we waited 11 mins.

Ric:
I was upset that the water squirters didn’t work like they were supposed to. I like the show. I liked the a/c, especially since we didn’t get a/c for lunch. The show was neat. I defiantly like the wind effect when he was on the carpet. The part at the end with his feet sticking out the wall was unexpected and cool.

Valerie: Did you nap? Dave: Quite a bit.

Our next stop was Seven Dwarves Mine Train

Dave:
I liked it as usual. It wasn’t as noisy going up the hill. Me: I don’t remember it being noisy Dave: It used to be noisy. Me: Yes, dear.

Ric:
I like it. I like the story. I like that the cars were like mine carts and the swinging side to side. That was neat. We stopped at one point and me and Hope was rocking in the bucket car. I'd like to see it at night. I bet It would be neat. I like the house at the end with Snow White dancing. That was unexpected and neat. I didn’t get sick on it at all. I didn’t feel bad after riding it.

Hope needed a break so we rested at the tables outside of Cosmic Rays. I went in and got us water and had more back pack snacks.

After getting a DAS Pass for Buzz we went for a ride on the Peoplemover. It was a posted wait of 10 mins, we got on in 5 around 2:00.

Dave:
It was good to be back on it. Me: Look at you making an effort Dave: 😊

Ric:
I rate it up there with SW. It was neat. I watched videos and just thought it went around the perimeter. I didn’t know the story and that it went inside Space Mountain. It’s good to do if you’ve never done it, but I wouldn’t put it on my list to do every time.

Me: We do it every time.

20210916_140134.jpg

Hope:
I napped

Using Hope’s pass we had a 5 min wait for Buzz with a 20 posted wait. Dave: I enjoy buzz. Ric: It was okay. It wasn’t good, it wasn’t bad. I feel like I was focusing on the targets too much and not looking around enough. It was an interactive video game.

20210916_141744.jpg

Monsters Inc Laugh Factory was the last thing on our list at Magic Kingdom. Dave:
Wasn’t as good as usual. Me: I agree. It seemed shorter and not as funny. Ric: I agree. Dave: You don’t know. How can you say that? Ric: Not one of my favorites. The screen work was neat, but it was a mess. If we wouldn’t do it, I wouldn’t have felt like we missed anything.

On our way out we tried to get a cheeseburger spring roll, but the cart wasn’t open.

At 3:20 we were at the train station and the characters where leaving. After seeing them, Ric said...
Okay, we’re good. I can go home now.

Ric: Mickey and Minnie and Donald and Daisy and the princesses. I liked seeing them. That was good. I wished they would have stopped and waved instead of running through the crowd. I enjoyed it. Daisy didn’t see me, but that was alright, I’m not going to hold it against her.

(Overall thought about our time at Magic Kingdom.)Ric: It went really fast. There was so much to see and not enough time to soak it all in.

At 3:25 we were on a bus to Animal Kingdom. Ric got rained on during the bus ride. Dave & Ric were sitting on the back of the bus listening to a woman on the phone yelling. Hope and I sat near the front and she napped on my shoulder.

Last edited:
So my laptop died on me and that's where my trip report notes and photos were. I'm starting over and will hopefully have this short trip report done before we leave for our trip in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter