Disney European cruise with 9 & 7 year-olds?

Did Norway/Iceland last year with my 9 year old and it was awesome. I personally liked that it was mostly outdoor adventures which is why I chose it over Northern Europe.
I would love to do the Med but I didn’t think he’d appreciate it at that age (plus it was a lot of long days). I feel like there were a lot of kids between 7-12 on that trip.

This exactly. My kids were the exact age of yours when we took the Norway cruise. It was perfect for our family. We loved that the ship docked in picturesque villages and towns. We could walk off the ship and stroll into town. We had private and Disney excursions, like Kayaking, Private bus tours, high speed zodiac tours, beautiful hikes. We are active and loved the daily ports. After we were returned to the ship, my husband would sometimes go for a run on his own, in the hills. He would ask the locals where to go. My only regret was not booking the Baltic Cruise which was right after ours. We thought we would be tired with all the adventures, but the ship was so relaxing that we could have gone easily for another week. It seemed pricey at the time, but since we were already over there, we wouldn't have to fly out there again! And we weren't jet lagged any more.

I booked a Med cruise but canceled and might reschedule for a later year. I have heard that the ports are farther away from the towns, and many require a bus or shuttle ride. The long bus rides are probably too much for my kids. For us, we may decide to travel at a slower pace on our own in the Med (several days in each town) rather than on a cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter