Disney Dream Staterooms

LadyAndTheTrampLover

Earning My Ears
We are planning a 4N cruise to the Bahamas on the Disney Dream next summer. I have narrowed it down to 3 aft cabins. Can anyone provide info on these cabins and which might be better and why?

9170 (Handicap accessible cabin with extra floor space and large wide balcony, aft side)
8684 (Aft center with large deep balcony)
10158 (Side aft with large wide balcony)

Thank you!

I've stayed in 10658, which is the same and have talked about it before. Your door is literally next to the adjacent room. Which isn't always bad, but if your neighbor comes back while you are sleeping and lets it slam isn't the best. We didn't have an issue with cabanas tables overhead. Fireworks views were great. The room is missing some storage space because of the curvature of the room. The sofa is also on the opposite wall from the bed and there is no privacy curtain. I say this as we were a family of 4 staying there. This is the second aft corner room we have stayed in.

The handicap rooms have huge amounts of space in the actual room and the balcony. There is not a split bath. The TV is comically far away from the seating area, making it quite useless. There is no privacy curtain. The bed and sofa are on the same wall and in very close proximity. This is from my experience n deck 8. Disney placed us there as part of a 5e GTY rate and we were a family of 2 on that trip.

I have stayed in 8188 next to 8684. Deck usually contains 2 normal chairs and 2 of the mini chair/chaise lounges. There is a small utility closet that runs between the 2 rooms. Other than that these rooms are just like any other. The overhang is great.

Aft rooms seem to gather soot during the night onto the verandah. Staff does clean it away.

As @SteveMouse said. Please don't take handicap rooms unless you require them. We have enjoyed the other rooms very much so. I would probably recommend deck 10 if you aren't late risers.

Just FYI, those rooms usually fill up prior to making it to Silver schedule release or general public schedule release. There are always exceptions but just saying they usually are not available, especially the large handicap room.

Just a comment on at least one of the accessible rooms (this was on the Wonder). I think the room was 7636. The way the door to this room was, it was almost impossible to roll my wife's wheelchair through the opening due to the angle you needed to enter. Fortunately, she is able to stand and walk short distances, so she would do that and I could collapse the chair to get it through the door.

Just FYI, those rooms usually fill up prior to making it to Silver schedule release or general public schedule release. There are always exceptions but just saying they usually are not available, especially the large handicap room.

All three rooms and several similar ones are available. I assume bookings are down due to Covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter