Disney Dream - Stateroom, Guest Services and Amenities

I wanted to add that on both the Magic and Wonder right before the SPH rooms the ones on the right side front of ship. There is a large window and one day when I was looking out I saw a door and officers comming out of there. So I asked what was there and the officer said some offices cabins.
So I figure on Dream ship that some of the gray areas is officer rooms.

Not sure if this was posted already but under the Stateroom descriptions at the DCL site is list the following for the Cat 9A staterooms:

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom
Category 09A
Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
204 sq. ft.
Deck:
5, 6, 7 and 8
View: One large porthole window or 2 small porthole windows
Room Configuration:
Queen-size bed or 2 twin beds, single convertible sofa, wall pull-down bed (in most) or upper berth pull-down bed, split bath with tub and shower.

So....note sure what type of windows the corner Cat 9A's will have.

MJ

Not sure if anyone has asked this but does anyone think that rooms 12508,12510, 12008 and 12010 will have wider verandas? It looks like from the deck plans that the decks are wider there.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, fully admitting that I know nothing about safety codes, ship design, yadda yadda, but I will lay odds that there is access, though there may be a door between them. I say this b/c I simply can't imagine them blocking access, not just for flow sake, but in the case of fire/emergency it seems like it would be stupid to not allow full access to ALL the stairs, ESPECIALLY in the case of the floor with the kids club. I kind of assumed it would be like deck one of the Wonder, where there was a door between our hallway and some of the stairs/elevators. I'm sure there's someone out there who can tell me how wrong I am to assume that, but it seems to make the most sense to me :thumbsup2

I'm pretty sure you are right. As evidence, just look at the deck plans for the existing ships. There is nothing on the deck plan to indicate a set of stairs at the very back of the ship, much less that these stairs lead all the way to a "back entrance" to one of the dining rooms (doors that can only be used during emergencies).

I'm going to go out on a limb here, fully admitting that I know nothing about safety codes, ship design, yadda yadda, but I will lay odds that there is access, though there may be a door between them. I say this b/c I simply can't imagine them blocking access, not just for flow sake, but in the case of fire/emergency it seems like it would be stupid to not allow full access to ALL the stairs, ESPECIALLY in the case of the floor with the kids club. I kind of assumed it would be like deck one of the Wonder, where there was a door between our hallway and some of the stairs/elevators. I'm sure there's someone out there who can tell me how wrong I am to assume that, but it seems to make the most sense to me :thumbsup2

Yeah, I too have gotta assume you are correct. No way would they make you go to only one stairwell in areas. It just looks bizarre in the floor plans.

All in all, there is going to be a LOT of climbing of stairs on this ship!

Thanks for the thoughts! :goodvibes Always helps to have someone else think on my little obsessive focal points about an upcoming cruise too! :lmao:

Right now I'm a little lost --

Not only have we gotten no more info on the Dream, but there's not even a countdown to a "More info coming" date.

Alack!

:rotfl:

Don't those marketing people know they can keep us drooling, talking and scrambling if they'd just keep up the teasers? One teeny, tiny drop of info will keep this board buzzing for days. I mean, it's free publicity! Jeez, DCL, throw us one tiny scrap. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter