Disney Dream Pillow - Where Can I Find One?

We can hope, the clocks weren't for sale at the beginning either.

I was on the Maiden Voyage of the Dream. I asked to purchase a pillow but was told that they were not for sale. A cast member in the gift shop said that they had suggested they be available for sale. He also said that there were so many requests for the pillow, he thought they would be available in the not too distant future (I hope!)

Imagine.....an opportunity for Disney to make money on an item that many people are willing to purchase.

I wonder what they'll do.......?:rotfl:

I was also on the Maiden Voyage and asked Guest Services about the pillow. Got the same answer as cybersusieq.

I'll be keeping my eye out for these to go on sale. Please future cruisers let us know if you see them in the shops!!!!

Blessings - Lin

Don't they check your baggage when you leave the ship? Not that I'm advocating pilfering them, I'm just saying, I thought everything goes back through customs. I can just see someone taking one, and then there being a $250 charge on their card for a measely pillow :rotfl2:

Why stop with the pillow? The lamp is really cute too....and Admiral Duck would look really cool in my front yard fountain. pirate:

We can hope, the clocks weren't for sale at the beginning either.

I actually bought the clock after our first cruise back in '04 (?). It was a clock designed by Harold Miller. When we cruised the second time they were selling them on the ship for about the same as I paid for it.

Maybe this should be the new Castaway Club gift for 2011 :goodvibes

Now there's an Idea! I'd love this as a gift!

I agree. Just like the little signs near the clocks on the Magic/Wonder that politely says if you like this clock, go ahead and take it home with you. We'll just charge your account $40 or something like that.

I never noticed that. I got one of the older clocks off ebay. I'd like to get a newer one so maybe next time I'm onboard I'll take 'em up on that offer.

I actually bought the clock after our first cruise back in '04 (?). It was a clock designed by Harold Miller. When we cruised the second time they were selling them on the ship for about the same as I paid for it.

DH and I were married on the Wonder in 09, he absolutly loved the clock so I went to the gift shop and purchased one for him, and had it delivered to our stateroom while he was getting ready for our ceremony :lovestruc

Its not the Dream Red Pilliow but if any one is into dropping things off at guest services for signatures I have a cheap gift idea that I think is great. I purchased a white pillow case that has "Dream" on it in light baby blue writing and I am dropping it off at guest services to get it signed for my DSis. She is going to love it. Plus it only cost a $1 @ Micheals. Also got some nice eye sleep covers that say Dream on them for FE gifts. :thumbsup2 So its not the red pillow but you could have a nice Dream pilliow!

We asked our host and he said they are not for sale, I wanted the red throw on the bottom of the bed and he said they dont sell them and he told us to just take it and he would find another one so we didnt get charged

Just came back (Friday) from my first ever cruise on the Disney Dream. I fell in love with the pillows, and they were actually selling them in one of the gift shops (I think it was Mickey's Main Sail). They were $189.95. I didn't love them enough to spend that much.

They also had the towel sets...I think it was 6 pieces (mat, hand towel, 2 washcloths and 2 towels, I think) for $74.95. I didn't buy those, either. LOL

I did get some of the shampoo and conditioner (H20+) but I got it from their website as they are selling it at buy 1 get 1 free right now. Same bottle, only without Mickey's head. :)

I see they came down in price. Hold on, they may get lower.

On our 5/13 Dream cruise they were $199.95.

Just came back (Friday) from my first ever cruise on the Disney Dream. I fell in love with the pillows, and they were actually selling them in one of the gift shops (I think it was Mickey's Main Sail). They were $189.95. I didn't love them enough to spend that much.

They also had the towel sets...I think it was 6 pieces (mat, hand towel, 2 washcloths and 2 towels, I think) for $74.95. I didn't buy those, either. LOL

I did get some of the shampoo and conditioner (H20+) but I got it from their website as they are selling it at buy 1 get 1 free right now. Same bottle, only without Mickey's head. :)

I just want complete place settings of the dishes in AP. :lmao:

Honestly, the pillows are very simple. You could buy some velvet, have it embroidered, then sew the simple pillow with the braid trim edge. If you don't sew, I'd almost venture to say you could have these custom made at an upholstery shop or by an interior decorator for less than $190. Even if you used the best grade velvet you wouldn't spend $100 in materials.

Honestly, the pillows are very simple. You could buy some velvet, have it embroidered, then sew the simple pillow with the braid trim edge. If you don't sew, I'd almost venture to say you could have these custom made at an upholstery shop or by an interior decorator for less than $190. Even if you used the best grade velvet you wouldn't spend $100 in materials.

I have an embroidery machine that works from digital files...all I'd really need to do is have a PES (digital) file made of the design and it would be so easy to replicate. i'm trying to digitize it, but haven't quite perfected it yet! Of course, wouldn't be able to sell them, because of copyright laws. :upsidedow

I have an embroidery machine that works from digital files...all I'd really need to do is have a PES (digital) file made of the design and it would be so easy to replicate. i'm trying to digitize it, but haven't quite perfected it yet! Of course, wouldn't be able to sell them, because of copyright laws. :upsidedow

Well, maybe we can partner up & produce a few pillows for the two of us. Neither of us would make any money so no worries on the copyright infringement. Right? I don't have the embroidery capability but I can darned sure sew. Lemme know if you wanna give it a whirl. I'm in! PM me!

Holey Smokes! :scared1: I'm with you. I'd not have forked our nearly $200.

8/29 cruise...still $190. I have completely fallen in love with the pillow. I was not ready for this trip, but will be for the next. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter