Disney Dream October 14 2016. 3 nite cruise

Any interest in Fe?

I'm just learning about the FE. What do I need to do to get involved?

If we want to participate in the Fish Extenders how do we know who else is participating?

I am very interested in joining the FE group !!! How do I sign up ?

How do we get signed up for FE?

We are interesting in joining the FE, too. This is our 4th Disney Cruise and we'd love to get involved! How do we do so?

There is no Fish Extender group started here on DISboards for your cruise. There may be other sites with FE groups, but they are not connected to DISboards.

For those who may be interested in starting a FE group here:

SETTING UP A FE GROUP
It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn’t one currently set up here on DISBoards. Here’s a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibility, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a state about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

Have fun.

This will be my 4th DCL cruise, my 3rd time on the Dream. I'll be doing several days at Universal and WDW and wrapping it all up with the cruise to celebrate my birthday that's on the 13th. I think I'm also going to try Remy for the first time Can't wait!!

Hi...new to FE. My family is also interested in participating. How do you get on a list?

There's no FE group here on DISboards for this cruise. Until someone steps up and says "I'll maintain the list".

There may be FE groups on other sites, but they are not DISboards connected.

I'll happily maintain the list if need be. This is my first disney cruise and first time participating in the Fish Extender program though. How do we get signed up?
My family is definitely going to do the Castaway 5k!

I'll happily maintain the list if need be. This is my first disney cruise and first time participating in the Fish Extender program though. How do we get signed up?
My family is definitely going to do the Castaway 5k!
Info about setting up a FE group is on post #25.

Typically it's best to run it through the "conversation" feature. Conversations are private and only visible to those participating. In order to participate in conversation, you (the general "you") must have at least 10 posts here on DISboards for the feature to be added to your account.

We do have a Test board where test posts may be posted, increasing your post count:
http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

We are no longer going on this cruise, we have to go the next week so our parents can join us! :) Enjoy everyone.

How do you put a profile picture on here? It's my first Disney cruise and I'll be sailing with my husband and six year old son. I am super excited!

I can't find any cruise meetups about this cruise with more than a few people on them. Kind of disappointing! I was hoping to get to know some families with kids my son's age before sailing. Do things get busier on here closer to sail date?

How do we get signed up for FE? This is our 4th Disney cruise and we have been unsuccessful at being included each time. We just got off the Magic last week and are going on the Dream (for the 3rd time) in October. We'd love to be included in the FE.

Bryan- daddy
Ashley- mommy
Annabelle- 6 yo
Sonora- 2 yo

Thanks!

Worse comes to worse Ashley, we could do them with each other!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter