Disney Dream ~ May 18-22, 2015

Got an update, our stateroom is 5160. I think that's an upgrade for us since we booked 06B. 5160 is listed as 4E but many say it should be a 5E. Either way, better than what we paid for! Yay!

I might, but the bigger issue is the pirate party is pretty late. Not sure we can stay up.

Do people dress up for dinner?

Yes, that's my issue too. DS will be 12 mos. We're dressing up. I've read that the dinner is pirate themed, so people dress up for dinner. We're going to the party. We'll try to stay until the end to see the fireworks. I read the pirate party is only 45 minutes.

Thank you Markheardjr for your cabin #!! I'm working on a final list right now and should be posting it tonight.
My family is planning on dressing up for pirate night, but not sure if we're going to dinner dressed up or not. I believe we have the early seating and the party starts kinda late so we'll probably have time to change. We'll make that call once we're on board and see how far our cabin truly is from the restaurant and from the party.

As soon as I posted, I got my cabin confirmation and it mentioned a pirate-themed dinner, so I'm thinking we'll dress up for dinner. We have early dinner too. But my newbie guess is that we will come back sandy from castaway cay and will want to change for dinner.

Last edited:

Yikes! I need somebody's help...I have a spreadsheet all set to post. I clicked on "upload a file", but then an error comes up that says the file does not have an allowable extension. How else can I post this? It's an excel spreadsheet. Thanks!

@mamadragona I think I've seen you over on the Star Wars Weekends thread too! :goodvibes We're going to WDW both before and after the cruise, so will get a lot of SWW. Regarding the tastings, I've heard lots of good things about the Mixology class and I know that DIS-groups sometimes do it together. I just read a Trip Report where they went to Mixology: **COMPLETE** Schemin' and Dreamin' - a July 2014 (4-night Bahamian/Dream) Trip Report! (link to the chapter). DH and I might be up for doing it as a group if others are interested. We'd need to get DD in the nursery, but that shouldn't be a problem.

@MandyLandy I've never directly uploaded anything here, so I'm not sure. Maybe check the tech support forum. You might just be able to upload pictures, I'm not sure. I guess you could take a picture of it and upload that, but probably not the best solution. Or collect email addresses via PM and send to each of us? I'm not sure. But thank you so much for organizing all this! :thumbsup2

Dugette, we are doing a split weekend trip too but SWW only the first part)! I can ask my sister and mom too. I think it is min 10 according to the thread I posted. Min is higher for other events.

Mandy, instead of uploading here, try uploading it to Google drive and share the link.

Wine tasting sounds great. I love wine! Unfortunately, I am breastfeeding, so I'll have to pass. I'm sure you guys will have a great time though. Somebody, have a glass of red wine for me. :)

Mandy, thank you so much for organizing this! I'm horrible when it comes to technology, so I can't help...sorry. :(

We're going to dress up for dinner and the pirate party.

Yup, a beer or wine right after BFing is okay, but mixology is 5 drinks - am I reading that right from @Dugette ? Now that I think about it, of course my sister won't be able to either for the same reason. Lol.

30 days before deadline is soon. Plus we need a day/ time picked. Mixology is the one with the least min to organize. Can I recruit 3 more couples by the end of this week? (Min 10/max 15)

Thank you for your advice! I'm not sure how to do a google drive upload, so I guess the next best thing would be sending it via email if I can't get help from tech support! Thank you for your patience! Would it help at all to get the #'s of people participating? I'll break it down to men, women, boys, girls, cats and dogs.

When you are done w/ the spreadsheet Mandy, you can email it to me and I can post it as a link for you. PM me if you are interested.

And yes # of men/women, etc are helpful. Did we get ages of kids already?

I count 6 for mixology!! 4 more!!

Mixology count:

Mamadragona and DH
Dugette and DH
MicandKay and DD
SuperTim and DW Danceteacher

2 more to have min, but can take up to 7 more.

@Dugette , do you know if since we are both coming from WDW if we will be on the same shuttle? Are you doing the shuttle?

We're renting a car, @mamadragona It ended up being cheaper for us to rent one way each way (Enterprise at the B Resort at Downtown Disney), plus it allows us to get to the ship earlier.

@mamadragona I would really appreciate that! Please PM me your email address and I will email you tonight when I get home! Thank you SO much!

Here are the two groups, and numbers of each.
Group 1- VandessaDisney4L, Ottes4, MarkHeardJr, Dugette, NicciMouse, MandyLandy, SDMommyof3, DenysL324, Disneyboy87, Ottes4(family friend), Micandkay and Mamadragona.
There are 14 men, 15 women, 6 boys, 8 girls, 2 cats and 4 dogs (cats and dogs are not actually on board).
Group 2- EricaWolf, JillsCrew, TLKirby, jheltz27, MommyMeNDisney, Judithmayerhofer, MrsSkellington,CitrusSwirl52 (family of 4), CitrusSwirl52 (family of 2), CitrusSwirl52 (family of 2), CitrusSwirl52 (family of 4).
There are 10 men, 10 women, 13 boys, 6 girls and 1 dog.
I realize these groups are not even down the middle, but I did my best to accomadate groups of friends and also any intolerances. Please let me know any concerns you have. Also, OTTES4 and CITRUSSWIRL52, please pass this on to your friends that are participating under your DIS name. Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter