Disney Dream - February 20 2017 - 4 Night Bahamian Cruise

Hello! We will be joining you all as well :yay: This will be the 3rd cruise for me and my 16 year old DD and 1st cruise for my mother who will somewhat reluctantly be joining us (she's a bit nervous about possibly feeling sea sick). My DD and I are Disney vacation obsessed and when my mother suggested that the 3 of us girls plan a road trip to visit my uncle in South Carolina during one of my DD's school breaks I saw my opportunity to squeeze a DCL trip in :) After all, if we're driving 14 hours from Boston to SC, another 8 to Port Canaveral only makes sense, right? Anyway, I'm going to be calling the travel agent tomorrow and will post our room soon as we'd love to get in on the FE group. Haven't decided whether or not to tell my DD or surprise her with the trip.
Welcome! I live north of Boston (Lowell) :)

We're going! This is disney cruise #3 for us. The excitement never lessens!!! Is it just us right now?
We'll be on the same cruise as well, and it's our first!! I'm SO excited! It's me and my husband, 9 year old daughter, 6 year old son & 18 month old son (& my parents!). Kids are gonna be surprised with it as a gift from grandparents for Christmas-WHOOP! Not sure how to join in, but we'd love to do the FE thing!

We'll be on the same cruise as well, and it's our first!! I'm SO excited! It's me and my husband, 9 year old daughter, 6 year old son & 18 month old son (& my parents!). Kids are gonna be surprised with it as a gift from grandparents for Christmas-WHOOP! Not sure how to join in, but we'd love to do the FE thing!
Wait-we'll be on Feb. 20-24 DD; I was replying to a previous message. Is that what everyone else is on?

My family and I will be on this cruise as well! Suuuper excited as this is our very first cruise ever ! I've never participated on one of these boards before, so I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing....but I'll tag along :)
Good to know I'm not the only one. First cruise and so excited, just want to get everything right. :)

Will anyone who wants to do the Fish Extender Gift Exchange send me a private message, please?

I'm not on the DISBoards often, but will check fairly regularly...

Thanks,

Angie

This is our 1st Disney Cruise. My husband, daughter and I. We are very excited about our trip. To the ones that have been on Disney cruise many times any advance for a newbie?
:daisy::daisy::daisy:

I'm a first-time cruiser, but a long-time Auntie/Travel Planner, and love to create things to add a special touch to our trips. Things such as journals, autograph books, t-shirts, fans, etc... Didn't realize until planning a Disneyland trip with my daughter a few years ago, that I'm small potatoes in comparison to many...
I'm a first-time cruiser, but a long-time Auntie/Travel Planner, and love to create things to add a special touch to our trips. Things such as journals, autograph books, t-shirts, fans, etc... Didn't realize until planning a Disneyland trip with my daughter a few years ago, that I'm small potatoes in comparison to many... :flower:The idea of a Fish Extender Group THRILLS me, as I've never had anyone make cool stuff for ME before!!! :love:

Therefore, I've been doing some research about how Fish Extender Groups work... It seems that someone/anyone just steps up and says, "Hey everyone! I'm wiling to maintain the Fish Extender Group list!"

So...

Hey Everyone! I'm willing to maintain the Fish Extender Group list!!!!!

My dream picture of a Fish Extender Group is fairly low key... Where folks can make (or gather) things for others and leave a card saying something like, "To you. From us." But folks can also simply anonymously leave things for their group. I'd love to have people do individualized gifts... Or group gifts... Or both. I'd love to see a group where people can go where their imagination takes them... We'd have to count on people committing to do *something*, to share the joy, and then make sure it's fun rather than stressful.

Sound like a fun plan? Who wants to join in? Hoping someone does, as I've already started making my gifts!!! :dogdance:

If you'd like to participate, please provide names, ages at time of cruise, genders of your party, and cabins (staterooms?) if you know them...

Like this... We are:

-- 9116 --
Angie - Female - 48
Asha - Female - 13
Stephanie - Female - 25

-- 9118 --
Sarah - Female - 48 (She'll have just had a birthday on the 17th!)
Jim - Male - 50-ish
Lily - Female - 6

Hoping the time flies by quickly and we'll all be on our cruise soon!!! (As long as I have time to make my FE gifts!!!)

P.S. If anyone else wants to schedule meet-ups or any other group activities... Please do! I'll stick with this so I don't over-schedule myself. :rolleyes:

Hello!

We will be joining you on the Disney Dream on the 20th of February 2017. This would put the sprinkles on our trip

Yes, we would like to join FE group

Stateroom: 6182

Kevin 48

Roshunda 46

Alexis 7 (Celebrating her birthday)

Therefore, I've been doing some research about how Fish Extender Groups work... It seems that someone/anyone just steps up and says, "Hey everyone! I'm wiling to maintain the Fish Extender Group list!"

So...

Hey Everyone! I'm willing to maintain the Fish Extender Group list!!!!!

My dream picture of a Fish Extender Group is fairly low key... Where folks can make (or gather) things for others and leave a card saying something like, "To you. From us." But folks can also simply anonymously leave things for their group. I'd love to have people do individualized gifts... Or group gifts... Or both. I'd love to see a group where people can go where their imagination takes them... We'd have to count on people committing to do *something*, to share the joy, and then make sure it's fun rather than stressful.

Sound like a fun plan? Who wants to join in? Hoping someone does, as I've already started making my gifts!!! :dogdance:

If you'd like to participate, please provide names, ages at time of cruise, genders of your party, and cabins (staterooms?) if you know them...

Like this... We are:

-- 9116 --
Angie - Female - 48
Asha - Female - 13
Stephanie - Female - 25

-- 9118 --
Sarah - Female - 48 (She'll have just had a birthday on the 17th!)
Jim - Male - 50-ish
Lily - Female - 6

Hoping the time flies by quickly and we'll all be on our cruise soon!!! (As long as I have time to make my FE gifts!!!)

P.S. If anyone else wants to schedule meet-ups or any other group activities... Please do! I'll stick with this so I don't over-schedule myself. :rolleyes:

Hello!

We will be joining you on the Disney Dream on the 20th of February 2017. This would put the sprinkles on our trip

Kevin 48

Roshunda 46

Hello!

Kevin 48

Roshunda 46

Oh dang, Alleyalexis!!

I tried to send you a private message, but the DISBoards system wouldn't let me...

It looks like it's because you're new and people have to post 10 times before they're fully enabled (in order to dissuade spammers). There's a forum just for people to make "test" posts in order to get to the minimum... Will you give it a try? I don't want to talk details of the FE Exchange on a public forum.

http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Best,

Angie

Oh dang, Alleyalexis!!

I tried to send you a private message, but the DISBoards system wouldn't let me...

It looks like it's because you're new and people have to post 10 times before they're fully enabled (in order to dissuade spammers). There's a forum just for people to make "test" posts in order to get to the minimum... Will you give it a try? I don't want to talk details of the FE Exchange on a public forum.

Best,

Angie
You should be able to inbox me now. Have a wonderful day!!!

Hi Everyone- This will be my first Disney Cruise- traveling with a group- and my room is interested in possibly joining in on the Fish Extender Group - if that's happening? More information would be great? Thanks!

Hi!!!! We are excited too about this cruise. This is my first ever cruise (you can't count being on a lake), my 4 yr old sons first cruise, and my wife's first Disney Cruise (she has traveled on the others). I am hoping this will be all that everyone has said it will be and then more. We are frequent travelers to WDW (I visited WDW every week for 4 months straight last year for work) and promised our son when he turns 5 we will take him on a cruise (he turns 5 in May). We are participating in the FE, reading all the tips, reviewing the menus, and getting ideas left and right (I am ready to order 2 cookies and a Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Bar to make my own special Ice Cream Sandwich).

Will anyone who wants to do the Fish Extender Gift Exchange send me a private message, please?

I'm not on the DISBoards often, but will check fairly regularly...

Thanks,

Angie
Hi Angie-

I tried sending you a message- is it too late to join the FE group for this trip? Thank you!

Rebecca

Angie, same question as /rivsingphl, can we still sign up? Also, does anyone do a FE alone? And will fellow cruisers drop random items in there?

Looks like we'll have a small FE Group after all! I was getting worried...

I'll get back to everyone personally in the next few days... (Have been dealing with endless medical appointments and resulting stress/family drama.)

A general question to those who want to be involved in the FE...

* There's generally a cut-off date for FE lists several weeks in advance of the cruise so that people can get their gifts organized. Does anyone have opinions on how soon that should be? We're getting amazingly close already, but some people tune in a little later to these things. Hate the idea of leaving anyone out. Thoughts on the best way to handle this??

Thanks everyone!!

Angie

Whoop whoop!!!
Super excited to be taking first cruise ever on February 20th...36 days to go!!! If it's not too late and you have enough in the group would love to get in on the FE fun.

We've got 10 in our group w/ 3 staterooms...5 kids total.

Whoop whoop!!!
Super excited to be taking first cruise ever on February 20th...36 days to go!!! If it's not too late and you have enough in the group would love to get in on the FE fun.

We've got 10 in our group w/ 3 staterooms...5 kids total.

Well, super cool...

Nobody's responded about thoughts on a cut-off date, so I think I'm just going to think about it and set a date.

LilKSmiles... Will all 3 cabins want to be involved in both giving and getting? Just want to be sure. Please send me a list of names, genders, ages and staterooms.

I'll be finalizing the process by email, so everyone interested please send me your email address by private message. I'm not going to try to log in to DisBoards on vacation, but I will have access to email.

Okay... So here we go...

Folks interested in the Fish Extender Group. Please contact me by private message by this coming Thursday, January 19th with your email address, stateroom, names/ages/genders of participants, and anything else I'm forgetting...

I'll list the people that I think are interested right now. Hope I hear from everyone.

awinangie - 2 cabins (6 people)
marc70879 - 1 cabin (3 people)
rivsingphl -
Alleyalexis - 1 cabin (3 people)
Willwardrae -
DisMom2015 -
LilKSmiles - 3 cabins (10 people)
shutnak879? -
Rai's Mommy? -

I'm also going to send a group private message ("Conversation") to the above-listed people make it easy for those folks to contact me.

Willwardrae & DisMom2015...

I tried to include you on the "Conversation" that I mentioned in the previous post, but the system wouldn't allow me.

After you do that, you can start a Conversation (private message) with me.

Best,

Angie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter