Disney Dream Cruisers November 27, 2011

Correction: Annika is a DD. I got a very nice PM that I can't respond to because I haven't done my 10 posts on this board. Thanks for asking the clarifying question!

Correction: Annika is a DD. I got a very nice PM that I can't respond to because I haven't done my 10 posts on this board. Thanks for asking the clarifying question!

Just wanted to make sure we didn't make a mistake in gifts, etc. :thumbsup2

Ok everyone, who is your favorite Disney character?

I would have to say mine is Minnie, but also like the Monsters Inc. duo of Sulley & Mike. We even named our last kitty Sulley, miss you bunches Mr. Sulley!

I would have to say mine is Minnie, but also like the Monsters Inc. duo of Sulley & Mike. We even named our last kitty Sulley, miss you bunches Mr. Sulley!

Too funny our dog is named Sulley :). Cat is Ariel and favorite character, well Tigger:tigger:

I'd have to say Tink, and for DH it's got to be Grumpy! Don't ask why........:rotfl:

WooHoo....made our Palo Brunch reservation! I was suprised to see there is a brunch on a four day cruise. We were able to book stuff on July 30...

My favorite character is PoohBear and Cathy's is Sully

Cayla

You must be Platinum- Congratulations!
We're lowly Silver, so we won't be able to book anything until August 29th..:sad1:

We were lucky enough to get a Palo brunch when we got onboard during our first cruise- but I have a feeling that we might not be so lucky this time.

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

We are really looking forward to this cruise, it will be our fifth. DW's favorite is Mickey.
I'm still trying to decide.:confused3

WooHoo....made our Palo Brunch reservation! I was suprised to see there is a brunch on a four day cruise. We were able to book stuff on July 30...

My favorite character is PoohBear and Cathy's is Sully

Cayla

Gold CC opened today, and no brunch for us.:sad2: Maybe when we get on the ship if we are lucky. I did manage to get Palo High Tea and dinner, so all ia not lost. ( I would trade both those for brunch though!)

I also got a couples massage for early on Nassau day! We won't be leaving the ship, so it is a great way to start the day along with the Rainforest.

First of all a big welcome goes out to all the new members of the FE group. I'm excited that it's getting bigger, the more the merrier! :) my fav. character is Tinkerbell (since I grew up with 4 older brothers and was always so tiny, my nickname was Tinkerbell)

You must be Platinum- Congratulations!
We're lowly Silver, so we won't be able to book anything until August 29th..:sad1:

We were lucky enough to get a Palo brunch when we got onboard during our first cruise- but I have a feeling that we might not be so lucky this time.

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

yes, I am platinum....long list of cruises...see my signature (many more to come also!!!)

I found that Palo is a bit smaller on the Dream than on the Magic or Wonder...less seating, more interesting setup. I was on the Maiden and we spent the whole cruise running around looking at everything, which is why I booked this cruise....missed so much of the ship.

interesting note...if your cabin is aft - you have to use the elevators INSIDE Cabanas restaurant to access the outer upper decks....the first two days of the Maiden - they wouldn't let us do this...so we all had to walk to midship, go down a deck then walk aft to get to the elevators that took us to our cabins....very funny....

other notes:
--deck 2 cabins can only be reached from Midship elevators
--they are very strict about your assigned show times...no hopping to another time...
--LOTS of different types of quick service food - be sure to head forward and check them out!
--there is minature golf on forward upper decks...didn't get to play - looked like fun!
--guest services line never seemed to go away!!!
--took me 20 minutes at a run to go from the Walt suite to Remy one night....forward to aft is a LONG way, and there is NO DIRECT ROUTE!!!! up a deck/down a deck....geesh.
--conceirge area is gated, and they mean it.... :( if anyone is a FE person in this area - the gifts have to be left at guest services who will deliver them.
--I did 225 gifts for the FE list for the Maiden - took me about 4.5 hours to deliver them all
--take a GOOD LOOK at the deck layout - there are a lot of hidden cabins. I had trouble finding some and finally asked a cast member (who had to check her map also :rotfl2::rotfl2:) before I finally found them....I will see if I can remember the numbers. Mostly on deck 6,7,8 I think. They are deep inside and there are sidewise cabins on most decks.

As I think of other stuff- or if anyone has questions - ask!

Cayla

We are almost down to double digits :cool1: but whose counting :rolleyes1

I was also wondering, do most people dress strictly disney or do you see alot of "normal" clothing? I don't want to make my 10 yr , (in her words) "completely embarrassed to death", lol, by making her wear disney themed clothing every day.

I was also wondering, do most people dress strictly disney or do you see alot of "normal" clothing? I don't want to make my 10 yr , (in her words) "completely embarrassed to death", lol, by making her wear disney themed clothing every day.

:goodvibes Not to worry I'd say most are in 'normal' clothing with Disney themed clothing mixed in here and there. We will probably pack a couple of disney themed t-shirt's for my kids (DD-9 and DS-8) and I might be able to convince them to wear them to port for checkin ;) but other than that we'll be packing everyday t-shirts/tanks/polo's/shorts & sun dresses. Sadly, I think my DD is not going to be wearing her princess dresses to dinner any longer (that was fun while it lasted princess: - I do get such a kick out of the little girls in princess gowns :))

ok, so I won't embarrass my daughter and make her wear disney clothing all week ;) but I may still sneak one outfit in her suitcase. DD#2 will def. be in princess dresses and complete disney gear from head to toe, if I have a say so. DH isn't as big a disney fan as I am and thinks I'm going over the top on details. It's just my second nature to be a little OCD about planning. I have things down to a list and it drives him crazy. :) We are down to 101 days until we fly out of 'The Burgh' for Florida! :yay:

Can someone who had already been on the Dream help out with a question on the FE size? DW has seen that the widest recommended for the Magic and Wonder would be about eight inches, but that the Dream has a narrower space for FEs. Any suggestions on the best width for the FE on the Dream? :confused3

Can someone who had already been on the Dream help out with a question on the FE size? DW has seen that the widest recommended for the Magic and Wonder would be about eight inches, but that the Dream has a narrower space for FEs. Any suggestions on the best width for the FE on the Dream? :confused3

the space at the side of the door is about 9 inches wide. A little bit narrower than the Wonder/Magic...interestingly there are 3 different "fish"....there are fish on one side of the ship, sea horses on the other, and starfish in conceirge. The seahorses are narrower than the fish - and I noticed that some FE's slipped sidewise on them a bit.

I was using a friends FE for the Dream Maiden - it was 8 inches wide and fit without any problem. I used my own (finally found a Pooh Bear one!!!) on the Wonder in April - it was fine for that ship. I will be using it on this cruise.

Does that help?

Cayla

Hello everyone! We are new to DIS and DCL but we will be on the DCL on November 27. I was just browsing and discovered the FE! My girls are dying to join in on the fun but i was wondering if it would take a lot of time out of our trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter