Disney Dream 6090

Savannahsmom

Earning My Ears
Hello
We have just booked Cabin 6090 for our family, we have one in a power chair, so we need HA cabin. Does anyone have any info on this cabin, pics. etc?

we had this cabin last fall. Perfect! has the upper bunk, the sofa bed and the Murphy in addition to the regular bed. Plenty of room. No split bath, but for us that wasn't a problem. The grab bars in the bathroom were well-placed, and the shower had a bench seat that could be folded up for those who didn't need it. I will try to find some photos and post, but happy to answer any questions.

The verandah was lovely. Spent a lot of time out there! It is the same depth as all the others (don't have a measurement, but there was plenty of room from the cabin door to the rail for the chairs (regular upright patio chairs). It was longer/wider, due to the cabin being larger. The floor inside had a slight upward slope to make the threshold level and accessible. If you stood at the rail and looked straight down, you saw the tops of the lifeboats, but sitting down, looking out, you saw the ocean and the horizon.

Will look for photos to post, but haven't had a chance yet.

We are cruising again this summer on the Fantasy, which is essentially the same. We asked for the same cabin because we loved it so much. Unfortunately, it wasn't available, so we are going with another accessible cabin on the other side of the ship, and I am sure it will be great as well.

I found this thread where y'all have stayed or were going to stay in cabin 6090 on the Fantasy. Maybe you could read my post below and offer some advice?

We are planning a cruise on the Disney Fantasy.
Cruising will be my parents, myself, my 15 son and my 5 year old son.
My mother is disabled and using an electric wheelchair.
The plan was for my parents and I to take my youngest son on this cruise as a surprise as he's turning 6 during the cruise.

Unfortunately, my eldest son just started college and can't go with us but I put in a request to my middle sons high school and they have agreed to allow him to go.

So here is the question. And I apologize in advance but we must decide today.

We are in disabled equipped deluxe balcony cabin. The cabin will sleep 5 but we are unsure if we should book another cabin for the boys and myself.
Having 5 people in a cabin may be too much. Especially since 4 of the 5 of us are adult size. In addition to having the electric wheelchair.

Could someone give me any feedback on this? I just don't know how large is truly large. Just because a cabin will sleep 5 I can only assume that many times this would be 2 parents with 3 children not 3 adults, a teenage boy and a child. Plus my mothers electric wheelchair.

Saving money is always great but 7 nights of not sleeping well could be an issue. My mom doesn't sleep well anyway and is often in pain and I worry the boys and I could disturb her. She's a very light sleeper.

Of course my mother is saying it isn't a problem and she will be fine but that is her personality.

How large are these cabins and will 5 of us truly be comfortable? Or should I bite the bullet and book another cabin for the boys and myself?

We are on the clock if we are going to add another cabin and must so please answer if you can.
Thank you in advance for your help and advice!
Regards,
T

This cabin, 6090, is 40 - 50% larger than the average cat 4a-d room.
It will have only one bath, not split bath, no tub, so that may be the most challenging. Many report using the public bathrooms and the spa showers when needed though.

Found video of similar room that sleeps 5, so cat 4a-d;

Plus how much time will you be in the room anyway? You all will be out having fun. lol

Would we do it? No. But five large pax have stayed in a regular cat 4, so...

HTH

ETA; it connects with 6092, so if that room is available we would look at it as fate, and book that one too. But that is us.

Thanks so much for your reply. We ended up booking the connecting cabin 6092 that you mentioned. Thank you again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter