Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas - 4-7 November 2016

I have been on the ship and there is so much to do. I enjoy staying on the ship during the short cruises. If I can ask what are you afraid of not liking? If I could help you I will be glad to calm some of your nerves.
I thought about just staying on the ship since we have never been on the Dream but Blue Lagoon looks fun. I'm just not sure of the beach area and what's included in the excursion. We just did two 7 night Western Caribbean cruises in July, plus a week at Disney World and another week at the beach in August so I haven't really had much time to plan for this cruise! Have you been to Blue Lagoon?

I have not been to the Blue Lagoon. From what I have seen it looks like fun. Most of the time we take the longer cruises and want to enjoy the ship this time.

I have been on the ship and there is so much to do. I enjoy staying on the ship during the short cruises. If I can ask what are you afraid of not liking? If I could help you I will be glad to calm some of your nerves.
Thank you :)
"Afraid" is not what I should have said. I have cancelled on other Disney cruise in 2009 or so because I was "afraid" that I would miss the parks too much. I turned that particular trip into 2 - 10 night stays at WDW that same year. I just love the parks so much, I don't want to have to say "gee, I wish I hadn't booked the cruise"

We are doing the exact same thing. Wish we could spend more than one night at the park, but my son has to get back to school. This will be our 10th Disney cruise ... third time on the Dream.
We are spending the night before the cruise at POFQ and 6 or 7 nights at POR after the cruise.

Does any one have children close to the same ages? I have a felling I will be out of this one. I have one DS and he is 20. It would be neat to see if any of the kids will be in the clubs together.
Our boys are both 22 and married. They are not Disney fans. Neither is my husband, by the way, but he tries to make me happy by coming along with me

It is hard to believe we have 60 days left before we all meet on the ship. It will be fun to get to meet everyone. Did anyone want to do FE???

So I have a question. I have a PAT for 10:45 - 11:30, I believe. I have read that "all DCL buses leave the resorts somewhat late.
Don't they coordinate the departure of the buses with the PAT that we were able to choose?

Frankly it doesn't matter. I was just hoping to get on that ship to have as much time on there as possible.

Unfortunately they have set times the busses leave the resorts. One thing you can call the resort and see if they have more then one bus heading to port. We stayed at Animal Kingdom and they had one bus for us. You will need to put out suit cases out for bellhop the night before you leave.

I have got to port before our PAT and we did not have to wait they got us in line and checked in. I hope they do it again.

Unfortunately they have set times the busses leave the resorts. One thing you can call the resort and see if they have more then one bus heading to port. We stayed at Animal Kingdom and they had one bus for us. You will need to put out suit cases out for bellhop the night before you leave.

I have got to port before our PAT and we did not have to wait they got us in line and checked in. I hope they do it again.

I am overthinking everything, as usual. I am going with the flow. However they (Disney) want to do it, I will trust them to make me happy, as they always have.
firepuppy, I appreciate your looking in on us here every day to catch our questions. It is very much appreciated. Thank you :)

pluto:I would not say you are overthinking anything. I had the same questions or first cruise or the first time we added something new. I ended up with a later PAT time this cruise and I'm hoping to get out of the airport quick and make an early bus to port. All I can say is thank God Disney takes our checked bags.

Thank you Googelibear your comment put a smile on my face. I enjoy helping others with cruising and the parks. :beach:

Welcome to the group. If you let the waiter know he/she will make sure they sing happy birthday. :bday:

So I have a question. I have a PAT for 10:45 - 11:30, I believe. I have read that "all DCL buses leave the resorts somewhat late.
Don't they coordinate the departure of the buses with the PAT that we were able to choose?

Frankly it doesn't matter. I was just hoping to get on that ship to have as much time on there as possible.
The first time we used DCL buses from resort to port we ran into the same problem ... the bus did not leave until 1pm and as such, it was 3:30pm before we were actually on the ship. Since that time, we do not use DCL buses from resort to port. We rent a car or book a private shuttle at close to the same cost Disney charges for the transfer. Sometimes it is even cheaper depending on your party size. On our last cruise we had a group of seven. Renting a stretch limo was actually cheaper ... as long as you do not go overboard on luggage.

Keep in mind, your late morning check-in time is only that ... it does not represent the time you actually get on the ship. After check-in, they may not actually board until noon or later. It can vary.

I have seen it running behind because it take longer to clear the ship. They do try to get back on time.

ugh, so much to weigh. I do not want to take a town car to port. It would cost us more than double of what Disney charges. We take a town car from airport to resort and back. I vowed not ever to take the DME ever again. LOL.
Like I said in the other post. I will just go with the flow and take that bus all the while crossing my fingers that it won't leave and arrive so very late.

If it helps our flight arrives at 10:45 and them off to the port. My PAT time is 1:00.

I would call the resort and check to see what time the bus leaves. When we stayed before a cruise I was able to call and get a time. I wanted to make sure I had to get up if I went to the parks late the night before. I know we had to be in the lobby by 9am to check in.

Finally getting things booked for this trip! I normally have things booked well in advance but we have been so busy! Is anyone else going to MVMCP on the 7th? I also booked the EMM for the 8th, but I may cancel that since we have the late party the night before.

ugh, so much to weigh. I do not want to take a town car to port. It would cost us more than double of what Disney charges. We take a town car from airport to resort and back. I vowed not ever to take the DME ever again. LOL.
Like I said in the other post. I will just go with the flow and take that bus all the while crossing my fingers that it won't leave and arrive so very late.

I'm also trying to decide what to do about transportation to/from the port. We are flying down the night before but I still need to book the hotel :scared:. Debating between POR, the Hyatt at the airport, or a hotel near the airport. We are staying at POR after the cruise, which is booked at least. This summer we stayed at Pop for 4 nights before our cruise on the Fantasy and used Disney transportation to the port. We weren't picked up until 12:45 and then had to stop at AOA. We weren't onboard until 3:30! After the cruise we had 3 nights at Coranado Springs so we used Disney transportation back to the resort. The bus didn't leave until after 9, then we had to change rooms at the resort, so we didn't make it to MK until 12-12:30. I'd like to get to the port earlier and to MK as early as possible this time. I think I'm leaning towards a town car but it's pricey for just two people. Decisions decisions!

I can fully understand wanting to get to the ship early. If I was in your shoes I would look at other transportation also. Good luck

For those staying in FL after the cruise, be sure to vote absentee or early...election day is Tuesday November 8th.

I'm also trying to decide what to do about transportation to/from the port. We are flying down the night before but I still need to book the hotel :scared:. Debating between POR, the Hyatt at the airport, or a hotel near the airport. We are staying at POR after the cruise, which is booked at least. This summer we stayed at Pop for 4 nights before our cruise on the Fantasy and used Disney transportation to the port. We weren't picked up until 12:45 and then had to stop at AOA. We weren't onboard until 3:30! After the cruise we had 3 nights at Coranado Springs so we used Disney transportation back to the resort. The bus didn't leave until after 9, then we had to change rooms at the resort, so we didn't make it to MK until 12-12:30. I'd like to get to the port earlier and to MK as early as possible this time. I think I'm leaning towards a town car but it's pricey for just two people. Decisions decisions!

How about sharing a town car from the resort to port and back. We are 2 people as well. And, we are staying at the same resort after the cruise. We are staying at POFQ the night before ...

Alright. I listened to the podcast yesterday, where Pete expounded enthusiastically on his company's Dream cruise last week, and gleaned some really good info for us 1st timers.
He says that he had forgotten how great the Dream is, how wonderful the 3 night cruise is, etc.
All of the podcast guys said that it's a mistake to go to port too early. They all enjoy getting there mid-day and being able to walk on that ship.

I do realize that they all have preferential treatment, and probably are platinum travelers or are treated as such, being in the business they are in. But still, I have high hopes for this cruise and cannot wait to go. I will go with the Disney flow on what time they deliver me to this amazing ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter