• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney don't allow confetti?

scarlet-la-belle

Mouseketeer
Is this right?
I was reading the Virgin weddings pack last night and it said that Disney don't allow confetti at the Wedding Pavilion!
And if so what did you all use instead?
Thanks everyone :goodvibes

does that mean you cant use rose petals too?

I'm more than sure that i have seen photos of many people having some kind of confetti thrown on couples on that walkway coming down from the WP???

:flower3:

hmm...

have you asked about rose petals?

I cant understand why virgin would say this, unless its because its because of Virgin?

ive seen so many weddings outside the WP with confetti.. they might be wrong!! even if virgin say no.. i guess you can just take your confetti out there and get the guests to ask before they throw it?

maybe someone else may be able to help thats been married through virgin's packages in Disney... :upsidedow

but im pretty sure you can!

you cant use conventional confetti because of the animals, we used bubbles and loads use rose petals.

All this mis information is why we want direct to disney to book the wedding, it was easier to book with them than go through a 3rd party that dont really know disneys policys

Disney has one of those cannons that shoot confetti out. I think its paper confetti and streamers though.

We just had a similar response, we were told we couldn't have Mickey confetti as it was not biodegradable but were offered rose petals. Not sure I like the idea of rose petals but i'm sure we'll come up with something...any suggestions for something a little more "manly" than rose petals, bubbles or ribbon wands?

Just prior to us getting married in 2003 they allowed people to use confetti wands at the Wedding Pavillion. The pictures were really pretty however, can you imagine how trashy the wedding pavillion would get if everyone used confetti. While they would be able to clean up alot of it there is no way they could ever get all of it up.:sad2:

I think I've seen people use Biorice... I think petals look a lot nicer in photos though.

what about rice paper? It would take a lot to make it, but it would be biodegradable and even food for the bugs and such

One reason allot of places don't allow rice is that when birds eat rice it can kill them. I don't remember where I heard that, but it was along time ago.

We're using ribbon wands, personalized with our names and the date. :thumbsup2

rice kills birds??

i knew rice can choke a bird, but the rice paper is just well, rice paper

In 2004, we asked if we could have confetti wands and were told no. In the end, we just skipped the throwing things part, since we couldn't really afford petals.

I understand that the plastic Mickey confetti isn't biodegradable, would be virtually impossible to clean up, and would make a mess.

As for rice, it would still make a mess that's tough to clean up, and if it's not deadly to birds, it may attract them. Where there's lots of birds there's lots of bird poop. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter