Disney + discount verification

Hw899

Earning My Ears
Hello, curious to know if anyone has sailed yet on any of the cruises with the Disney + sale, did you need to have anything available at online check in or the port for verification? Thanks

I sailed last month using the Disney+ discount and did not need to show anything at online check-in or at the port. My travel agent did ask for my email and the email used for the Disney+ account (which needed to be the same) when she booked the discount.

I sailed last month using the Disney+ discount and did not need to show anything at online check-in or at the port. My travel agent did ask for my email and the email used for the Disney+ account (which needed to be the same) when she booked the discount.

Same. They got the email address at booking, then it was never mentioned again.

According to the legal verbiage at the bottom of the deal’s page, they check if the main guest email is also a D+ subscriber some time after booking. If they can’t find a match, they will cancel the booking,

It’s not clear if they recheck closer to booking or if the D+ subscription must be maintained up until sailing, but it doesn’t seem a check is done at port. I don’t see how you could prove you are subscribed.

According to the legal verbiage at the bottom of the deal’s page, they check if the main guest email is also a D+ subscriber some time after booking. If they can’t find a match, they will cancel the booking,

It’s not clear if they recheck closer to booking or if the D+ subscription must be maintained up until sailing, but it doesn’t seem a check is done at port. I don’t see how you could prove you are subscribed.

This is what the customer service cast member told me too. He said, "make sure your email address is the one on your Disney+ account, because someone will be checking in a few days." In other words, it sounded like something they checked soon after booking. I have my suspicions that they don't ever actually check, because Disney's IT systems are some of the worst in the world, and I can't imagine anyone doing it manually.

I have my suspicions that they don't ever actually check, because Disney's IT systems are some of the worst in the world, and I can't imagine anyone doing it manually.
Checking for an email match between two databases is pretty much as basic as it gets. And don’t discount DCL doing things manually. They already do plenty of things that way : assigning staterooms for *GT/GTY bookings, assigning tables in the MDR, checking for Jones Act violations.

Checking for an email match between two databases is pretty much as basic as it gets. And don’t discount DCL doing things manually. They already do plenty of things that way : assigning staterooms for *GT/GTY bookings, assigning tables in the MDR, checking for Jones Act violations.
To be fair, there are some pretty basic things Disney can't do well. For example, having servers with capacity handle only a few thousand people checking in at once without crashing for hours. I honestly don't think the bang would be worth the buck for them to go to the trouble, as the promotion was really just a way to fill ships when bookings weren't where they wanted them to be.

To be fair, there are some pretty basic things Disney can't do well. For example, having servers with capacity handle only a few thousand people checking in at once without crashing for hours. I honestly don't think the bang would be worth the buck for them to go to the trouble, as the promotion was really just a way to fill ships when bookings weren't where they wanted them to be.
Disney does know how to use excel. No matter how you feel about the website or their internet presence, it is very easy to verify bookings are consistent. The savings on this was several thousand dollars. I can assure you someone checked the emails.

It would be foolhardy to think they would not check and not try to reclaim that money when possible. It is a business.

Disney does know how to use excel. No matter how you feel about the website or their internet presence, it is very easy to verify bookings are consistent. The savings on this was several thousand dollars. I can assure you someone checked the emails.

It would be foolhardy to think they would not check and not try to reclaim that money when possible. It is a business.

I said I couldn't imagine them doing it manually, not that they didn't know how. The incentive simply isn't there. If it was important to them, they could have done a database check at the time of booking.

The reason the incentive isn't there is they wouldn't be getting back thousands of dollars. The offer's T&C's say, " If Disney+ subscription cannot be verified, reservation will be cancelled with applicable fees." In other words, this wouldn't be money in Disney's pocket, it would be a lost booking/lost revenue. With these sailings going on now or in the coming weeks, still having availability, canceling bookings is not a win for Disney.

This promotion was nothing more than a way for Disney to fill ships without admitting bookings were very low for those months. Instead, they look like the good guys for giving such a generous promotion to loyal customers, and get a positive promotion for another company product.

Like I said, it is just a hunch. I'll change my mind when we see the first person post here or in a Facebook group that their $5,000 booking was canceled because they weren't paying $6.99 a month to Disney.

Used a travel agent and made sure the reservations (main guest) was the D+ account holder and email. Went as smooth as could be and never had a problem. Didn't need to provide any proof during online check in or at the port.

I said I couldn't imagine them doing it manually, not that they didn't know how. The incentive simply isn't there. If it was important to them, they could have done a database check at the time of booking.

The reason the incentive isn't there is they wouldn't be getting back thousands of dollars. The offer's T&C's say, " If Disney+ subscription cannot be verified, reservation will be cancelled with applicable fees." In other words, this wouldn't be money in Disney's pocket, it would be a lost booking/lost revenue. With these sailings going on now or in the coming weeks, still having availability, canceling bookings is not a win for Disney.

This promotion was nothing more than a way for Disney to fill ships without admitting bookings were very low for those months. Instead, they look like the good guys for giving such a generous promotion to loyal customers, and get a positive promotion for another company product.

Like I said, it is just a hunch. I'll change my mind when we see the first person post here or in a Facebook group that their $5,000 booking was canceled because they weren't paying $6.99 a month to Disney.
It’s not everyone though. If you booked online, you could not even see the discount unless you were signed in with a D+ email address. If you called, they verified your email address at the time of booking before processing the reservation. It seems it is only travel agents where they need some additional process.

It’s not everyone though. If you booked online, you could not even see the discount unless you were signed in with a D+ email address. If you called, they verified your email address at the time of booking before processing the reservation. It seems it is only travel agents where they need some additional process.

Well, there you go. I didn't realize the online booking system checked your Disney+ account. When I called (to have the discount applied to an existing reservation), they didn't check my email address. They just said to make sure the one on file was my Disney+ version. It was the way he said it to me that had me thinking they weren't' very serious about checking. It seemed so casual that I had the impression they were just saying it to make it look like they were enforcing it. But I didn't realize they had a system to check when booking online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter