Disney Direct Purchase Questions

TinkAgainU

Trust In The Pixie Dust
Question 1/// Use Year Direct --- I believe Disney can break up a contract they ROFR (ie: turn a 200 point into a 100 and a 50 and two 25), but does anyone know if they can also change the Use Year? Just curious, since I'm considering a Grand Floridian Add-On and they are still taking some in ROFR, but indicated none available as an Add-On "yet" - was wondering if it was because of the Use Year I would need.

Question 2/// Did anyone ever get a legit answer as to why there are currently no Direct Add-Ons available for Grand Floridian? I heard a theory it was because after they sold out, were waiting to get some back for "Free" after people did not pay Maintenance Fees in Jan/Feb 2024 ... but that was just a theory and not from Disney.

Anyone know?

For question 2, isn't it simply that they're just sold out? I imagine they'd have to ROFR a bit more in order to advertise direct add-ons being available.

They recently changed the POS to say Use Year was attached to a unit to stating that Use Year could be changed. So yes they could change use years. To find out the answer to that question you could ask them if they have any use year available.

What you are likely finding is that might be keeping the points for right now to rent out cash rooms against. So they can’t sell you the points they bought back because they would prefer to use the active use year points for cash bookings.

Also I believe their ROFR activity has been pretty dormant the past year. So there might not be that much. If you look at the recently released budgets you could get an idea of how many points they had for sale around the time that was produced.

Edit: They likely are also limiting Direct ad-ons there to convince more people to consider the new Poly Tower. I’d expect a price increase on GF when that goes live to make Poly seem more attractive.

Question 1/// Use Year Direct --- I believe Disney can break up a contract they ROFR (ie: turn a 200 point into a 100 and a 50 and two 25), but does anyone know if they can also change the Use Year? Just curious, since I'm considering a Grand Floridian Add-On and they are still taking some in ROFR, but indicated none available as an Add-On "yet" - was wondering if it was because of the Use Year I would need.

Question 2/// Did anyone ever get a legit answer as to why there are currently no Direct Add-Ons available for Grand Floridian? I heard a theory it was because after they sold out, were waiting to get some back for "Free" after people did not pay Maintenance Fees in Jan/Feb 2024 ... but that was just a theory and not from Disney.

Anyone know?
Breaking up a ROFR’d 200 point contract…. Too soon… too soon…

Anyone know?
Buying VGF after it sold out the first time was problematic too. Sometimes they’d put you on a wait list to buy & other times you couldn’t even get put on the wait list, so I’m not surprised there’s very limited supply ATM. Maybe supply will increase in the future, it never really did w/ a sold out VGF1, but BPK added a bunch of points, so maybe it’ll be different this time 🤷‍♀️.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter