Disney Dining Reviews 8/27-9/3

Disneynutbsv

DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>If I had kept
The Cast: DH-not really picky, Me-slightly picky and has a Tree Nut allergy, DD-picky, but loves mac n cheese, DS-15-realized just how picky he really is, DS-realized how much he likes hot dogs, lol

8/27 Chef Mickey's
This was our first experience at CM. We had a wonderful time! Food was good, we weren't disappointed at much. I have a tree nut allergy and I wasn't able to have much but ice cream for dessert, but that's ok.
Food Grade: A
Service Grade: A
Fun Factor: A+
Free Dining Savings: $136.89

8/28 1900 Park Fare
This was our 2nd time here. My dd had gone to BBB and had her hair and makeup done, so she was dressed really nice. Cinderella told her that she wished she knew that she was going to wear her crown, because she would have worn hers too! Anyhow, the food: Strawberry Soup-mmmmm, Salmon, Prime Rib, Turkey, Salad, Rolls...we loved this place!! I had ordered a mini wedding cake and they wrote Happy 13th anniversary, but it was our 15th. It was still good though!!
Fun Factor: A
Free Dining Savings: $155.55
Mini Wedding Cake: $31.13

8/29 50's Prime Time Cafe
This was just ok. DS (15) didn't "get" the atmosphere part of it and just thought the server was rude. I didn't think it was too bad. I had the fried chicken (ok), dh had the meatloaf (good), DS-15 had the fried chicken sandwich (ok), DD had the mac n cheese, DS had the hot dog. The kids weren't given a choice on dessert, the just server just brought something out, I had the smores (mmmmmm), DH & DS-15 had the dad's super sundae (not too bad). All in all....we probably won't go back again.
Food Grade: B-
Server Grade: B
Fun Factor: B+
Free Dining Savings: 128.54

8/30 Ohanas
This was the favorite on our trip! We loved the entertainment, and the food! (I really loved the scallopped potatoes!) The sticky chicken wings were delicious, dh loved the shrimp. They made me a dessert of a brownie and ice cream while everyone else had the bread pudding. They got us up and we danced a little bit and put lei's on each other in front of everyone for our anniversary (I think we shared our anniversary with 3 other couples). The kids did the coconut races and dd went around the restaurant with morocca's (sp?)
Fun Factor: A
Free Dining Savings: (I can't find my receipt! I will fill in later!)

8/31 Whispering Canyon Cafe
We went here for breakfast. It was a bit boring except for one waitress which wasn't ours. Anyhow, she came up and talked and fooled around with us quite a bit, cleared our table and she was great! I wish that we could've tipped her! Anyhow I got the waffle w/ strawberries (DS-15 did too), DH got the Western Omelette, DD got the kids skillet (she didn't like it), DS got the pancake. All in all, it wasn't bad, just wish there was more atmosphere.
Food Grade: A-
Service Grade: Our server-C-, the other server-A
Fun Factor: I've been before and it wasn't like it normally was. B-
Paid oop for this: $57.83

8/31 Le Cellier (anniversary dinner)
I was so bummed because this was the most disappointing on our trip:( DH had the NY Strip Steak and the Salmon Timbale. He asked for the steak to be medium well and it was....on the outside only. Very rare on the inside. DS had the hot dog and salad. I had the Filet Mignon and the cheddar cheese soup. The filet was good and the cheddar cheese soup was too, but only for a couple of spoonfulls...it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. DD had the soup and chicken breast...she thought it was the same for the soup, but liked the chicken breast. DS-15 had the same as me and he didn't like it much either. Dessert was: DH-Whiskey Cake (he said it was good), DS-Chocolate Moose (good), Me-Creme Brulee (like the vanilla part only), DD-Chocolate Moose (good), DS-15-Chocolate Moose (good). Our server was never there, was always running here to there and we got more attention from the other servers.
Food Grade: C+
Server Grade: D
Fun Factor: I'm not rating it as its not a fun restaurant
Free Dining Savings: 211.65 (you get your $ worth here, but just disappointed in the restaurant).

9/1 Hollywood & Vine
I only went here for the Fantasmic Pkg. If I had to pay for this, I wouldn't come here at all. Disappointing buffet. There really isn't much for the kids here and hmmm, I don't know, I just didn't care for it much.
Food Grade: C-
Server Grade: A
Fun Factor: Not really fun
Free Dining Savings: 119.46

9/2 Concourse Steakhouse
This place is very good! Dh had the steak, DS-15 & I had the 1/2 chicken, DD had the grilled cheese on rainbow Bread, DS had the pizza. We all enjoyed everything except for DS-15...he's become very picky. Dessert was:
DH-Butterfingers Cheesecake, DS-15-Chocolate Cake, DS-Mickey Brownie Sundae, Me-Creme Brulee, DD-Painters Palette. Desserts were yummy! Our server was so unfriendly, she reminded us of Frau from Austin Powers...we better like it or else!
Server Grade: C-
Fun Factor: we can hear all the fun going on at Chef Mickey's...
Free Dining Savings: $176.78

All in all, we would go back to Ohana's, 1900 Park Fare, Concourse Steakhouse and maybe WCC if the atmosphere went back to what it used to be!

Thanks for the review. My DH got the NY Strip at Le Cellier also, and didn't care for it at all, as it was too tough and gristly. And I'm glad you enjoyed Concourse, since we have an ADR there in January; now I can rest easier about this choice.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter