Disney Dining Plan Returning?

poochie

I really need some Disney Magic !!
Was just readying and another site that the DDP is returning. Has anyone heard when yet? Asking as we are going in 2 weeks.

Was just readying and another site that the DDP is returning. Has anyone heard when yet? Asking as we are going in 2 weeks.
will you please post the website? I have not heard a thing about the DDP returning and if it does return what are the changes?

I was just reading that but as I'm in the UK, when I click the dining plans 2022 button it just takes me to the UK Disney site. Wouĺd anyone be able to share what the official WDW website says please :)

Didn't see anything about snacks. I guess that's where they make their money. Based on our eating habits now, I think we'll skip - especially with no snacks.

Just rumor, but I read on another site that someone called and was talking to cast member booking their stay and they said that it should be returning around Sept 28. But with the limited dining still avail. I'm not sure.

I was also told by a friend that works there that they will probably bring them back before the 50th; with an them announcing it by the end of August. So when I just booked my reservations; I added a few extras to ensure I had them, if it definitely comes back. He said they make a lot of money with the plans; but it will be based on the restaurants that are already open...which I feel if majority of them. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed he is correct. He is a chef there.

A major Disney blog has always stated the return date will be September. They have been right about so many other items that I tend to trust them.

We have an October trip booked. I plan on making all of our ADRs as if the dining plan will be back and cancelling some of them if that turns out not to be the case.

We have an October trip booked. I plan on making all of our ADRs as if the dining plan will be back and cancelling some of them if that turns out not to be the case.

I'd make most of my ADRs for restaurants that you enjoy, and get value, if you pay for the meals. Make some extra "spec" reservations. Free dining is a really a resort discount and a way to fill empty restaurants. Neither situation is likely in October. Paid dining hasn't been much of a deal for the last few years. It might come back and you might have some savings, depending on how you use it.

I'd make most of my ADRs for restaurants that you enjoy, and get value, if you pay for the meals. Make some extra "spec" reservations. Free dining is a really a resort discount and a way to fill empty restaurants. Neither situation is likely in October. Paid dining hasn't been much of a deal for the last few years. It might come back and you might have some savings, depending on how you use it.

I agree completely. We booked all restaurants we enjoy, but more table service restaurants than we would do if we were not on the dining plan. That way if it comes back, great, if not then we can cancel some of them and they will be replaced by quick service or we may keep them and just pay out of pocket. I think they'll bring back the dining plan prior to the start of the 50th. My guess is late September. The way things are booked up for October right now, I would highly doubt there would even be resort discounts, much less free dining any time in the near future.

Just rumor, but I read on another site that someone called and was talking to cast member booking their stay and they said that it should be returning around Sept 28. But with the limited dining still avail. I'm not sure.
Could very well be true. However, we still don't have tons of details for G+, so in Disney's mind we have a long time (wasn't it supposed to roll out this week?)...

Anyway, I do hope it is soon because we do use it.

I would be very surprise it came back this year . I mean I hope so we got a trip plan early December. but what i'm thinkin when Disney announce release date for it that will be 3+ months out of the actual start date . Could see it in Jan . Could see it after the 50th celebration is done to.

I was starting to book a package for a trip in January and noticed they gave me the option to add a Disney Dining Card for QS. Here is the wording that is provided when selection the options. Sorry if this is a duplicate or already posted.

Enjoy Quick-Service Dining
Add a gift card (for each person in your party ages 3 and older) you can use at participating Quick-Service dining locations at Walt Disney World Resort. These gift cards have a value of $40 per adult (ages 10+) per day and $15 per child (ages 3-9) per day—which is more than the price you pay for the card!

For example, if you have a party of 2 adults, one 12-year old and one 8-year old, and you select the 5-Day Card, you’d get 3 cards with a value of $200 each and one card with a $75 value, for a total value of $675.

You can use the card’s value as you like, and even spend the entire value in one day.

I was starting to book a package for a trip in January and noticed they gave me the option to add a Disney Dining Card for QS. Here is the wording that is provided when selection the options. Sorry if this is a duplicate or already posted.

Add a gift card (for each person in your party ages 3 and older) you can use at participating Quick-Service dining locations at Walt Disney World Resort. These gift cards have a value of $40 per adult (ages 10+) per day and $15 per child (ages 3-9) per day—which is more than the price you pay for the card!

For example, if you have a party of 2 adults, one 12-year old and one 8-year old, and you select the 5-Day Card, you’d get 3 cards with a value of $200 each and one card with a $75 value, for a total value of $675.

You can use the card’s value as you like, and even spend the entire value in one day.
Can you link to the page you found this on? Also wondering where you found the actual cost for the card…

Wasn't that for UK visitors?

Wasn't that for UK visitors?

This was an option that was available during check out when I was booking a package yesterday (located in the U.S.). It doesn't give you a price per card per person. You have to do the math yourself. Here are screenshots of the option when I was playing around with reservation options.

diningcardadd.JPG 603086

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter