• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Daughter

DynamicDisney

Mouseketeer
Was so proud of my DD7. Since our return from WDW last month, she constantly talks about how great the trip was!! Yesterday, she broke out in the Carousel of Progress theme song!! She loved that so much!! I love how she has the Disney bug, and even though this past trip was my 3rd time, it was my first in 20+ years, and the rest of the family's first trip. We both are hooked!! Now, to convince the hubby, who is not overly enthusiastic about ANYTHING, ever!!

Was so proud of my DD7. Since our return from WDW last month, she constantly talks about how great the trip was!! Yesterday, she broke out in the Carousel of Progress theme song!! She loved that so much!! I love how she has the Disney bug, and even though this past trip was my 3rd time, it was my first in 20+ years, and the rest of the family's first trip. We both are hooked!! Now, to convince the hubby, who is not overly enthusiastic about ANYTHING, ever!!

That's awesome! I sing the MK Good Morning song to my DD when I wake her for school each day, lol.

We also love the CoP theme & belt it out randomly as well. :thumbsup2 Sounds like you had a happy trip!

I hope my daughters come back as excited as yours is!

I am already a large child, so I am way too excited about our upcoming trip. :)

That is so exciting.

In November 2011, I was going with my next door neighbor and her husband to celebrate his return from a TOD in Afghanistan.

We snagged FD and their roommates and two children were able to go. I paid for my room and the 5 year old stayed with me; the four adults and the infant stayed in the connecting room, so we could stay at POR in the mansions.

I just saw her a few weeks ago and she still talks up a storm about the trip to Disney and how much fun she had. I paid for her to go to BBB and she still has her crown and Mickey barrette, her sash, etc.

My DD10 is completely fanatical about Disney. She has her Disney Sheets, sleeps with Mickey and Minnie and loves to listen to Disney music whenever possible. I can see a lot of dad/daughter trips in the future.

Definitely some great memories!! Sounds like many of you had great times as well! If you have not had your trip yet, I hope it is magical!!

Add my DD19 to the Disney Daughter club - she can name all the animated movies in order, with the date they came out. She cut 22 hours of music (mostly Disney) for our ride down last summer, and had a recording of Walt's opening Disneyland speech playing when we entered Disney property. Most of her clothing is Disney-tagged. Oliver is her constant stuffed animal companion, since she was 2.

It's so much fun to have a Disney daughter, isn't it? :love:

Count me on as a Disney daughter, my dad is a huge Mickey fan. We went the first time when I was a kid in the 1970's
I'm 43 and a Disney fan, thanks to my parents.

OP, I feel your pain! DH went to WDW for DD's first trip when she was 4, and that was enough Disney for him for life! :sad2: DD and I have since gone with extended family for a number of trips, always adding on a few extra days by ourselves. Now, though, our next trip is a 10-day mother/daughter trip only!! We're both so excited. DD is 13 now, and Disney -- music, movies, and parks -- is one of the few things she doesn't seem to cool for lately! She's helped me plan our itinerary, make ADR's, and pick the hotels. We always have such a good time when it's just the two of us, plus we don't have to deal with any family members who don't "get it" like we do. She's my Disney buddy!

So the moral of my story is, ditch the husband! :thumbsup2

OP, I feel your pain! DH went to WDW for DD's first trip when she was 4, and that was enough Disney for him for life! :sad2: DD and I have since gone with extended family for a number of trips, always adding on a few extra days by ourselves. Now, though, our next trip is a 10-day mother/daughter trip only!! We're both so excited. DD is 13 now, and Disney -- music, movies, and parks -- is one of the few things she doesn't seem to cool for lately! She's helped me plan our itinerary, make ADR's, and pick the hotels. We always have such a good time when it's just the two of us, plus we don't have to deal with any family members who don't "get it" like we do. She's my Disney buddy!

So the moral of my story is, ditch the husband! :thumbsup2

Hey not all husbands don't get it. My wife is the fuddy fuddy in our relationship. :)

My daughter and I go without the husband on some of our trips, and he tags along every few years to see the new stuff since his last trip.

My daughter also got to give a speech at her graduation last year - and it was filled with Disney references :mic:

"So the moral of my story is, ditch the husband"!

So not true! I love Disney just as much as my girls! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Hey not all husbands don't get it. My wife is the fuddy fuddy in our relationship. :)

I second this statement. :thumbsup2 I just returned from our first Daddy/Daughter trip since my wife only wants to go to Disney every 5 years. :confused3

So I decided that my daughter and I would go ourselves. :rolleyes1

I was shocked when my 8 year old granddaughter belted out the whole song a few days after seeing CoP once. She loved it too!

I picked up the Disney bug from my mom. I was the only child who she took on absolutely every trip. As my brothers got older (late teens, early twenties), I got to select who I wanted as a companion. :rotfl2:

Just as I was her mousekateer apprentice, my DS5 is now mine. On especially sunny days, he belts out Zip A Dee Do Dah, while riding his bike. ( A result of too many consecutive rides on SM during parades times, methinks.) Love this. :goodvibes

Congrats! My oldest DD was about 7 the first time we went! On Saturday, just her and I will be heading back to WDW to celebrate her 16th birthday and my 44th birthday! Both birthday's are special. My Mom died when she was 43 so last year when I turned 43-I told my husband that I didn't want to celebrate until I turned 44, so-he is sending my DD and ME to WDW!! Another reason why it's so important is I just lost my brother to a heartattack like my Mom-last week! I am needing some Disney Magic!

Enjoy that Disney Bond! My DD and I often have talks about Disney-we watch old and new Disney movies together, listen to Disney music and plan Disney trips! It is a magical bond. We always close our text messages as: Have a Disney Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter