Disney cruise WiFi

Leenbecky

Earning My Ears
Hi, We we going on a Disney Cruise and its the first cruise we have been on,

I have my own small business and i'm wanting to make sure i can be contacted if needed, i know you can have data packages on board but i'm guessing they are going to be really expensive, does have one know how much the packages are?

I have looked on line but can only see prices from 2017!

Any advise welcome and thank you

Hi, We we going on a Disney Cruise and its the first cruise we have been on,

I have my own small business and i'm wanting to make sure i can be contacted if needed, i know you can have data packages on board but i'm guessing they are going to be really expensive, does have one know how much the packages are?

I have looked on line but can only see prices from 2017!

Any advise welcome and thank you
Prices haven't changed.

Do you have an iPhone? How about people you work with? If so iMessage works.

Another option is to see what you carrier has for on land. I use at&t and they do $10 per day for international.

You can’t expect to be logged in and available at all time using a data package. The cost of that option will be prohibitiv.

Like PP said, you should rely on iMessage if you and your contacts have iPhones - iMessage is free but limited to text messages - get your emails a few times a day or connect to cellular when you are in port.

Yes I have an iPhone but you need data to send an iMessage? we have a watzapp group set up I was just going to use that,

I can turn my WiFi or data off and on as and when I need it. I’m just not sure if it needed to be used within 24 hour?

Yes I have an iPhone but you need data to send an iMessage? we have a watzapp group set up I was just going to use that,

I can turn my WiFi or data off and on as and when I need it. I’m just not sure if it needed to be used within 24 hour?
IMessage does not require a data package. Just like the onboard DCL app, all you need is to be connected to the ships‘s Wifi.

The data packages are based on volume of data, not time. They are therefore good for the length of the cruise, as long as you do not use all the data.

Ah ok, I got told when your on the ships WiFi you can only message people who’s on the ship through the app? I didn’t know iMessage worked. If that’s the case happy days I can sort any issues with iMessage

Ah ok, I got told when your on the ships WiFi you can only message people who’s on the ship through the app? I didn’t know iMessage worked. If that’s the case happy days I can sort any issues with iMessage

The information you have is partly correct. There is an app you can download to your cellphone called the DCL Cruise Line app. You can use it to view your itinerary, look at activities on the ship, view the menus at the restaurants, and lots of other stuff. You can also use it to text others on the ship. This app uses the public WIFI access that is free.

Texting people back home is another matter. To do that you will have to purchase a data package. I do not remember the exact prices, but I do remember that the data was expensive, in blocks of megabytes, and did not last very long. You also have to make sure that you log off when not using the data. I did not do that the 3rd day of a seven day cruise and my iPhone burned up all my remaining data.

Texting people back home is another matter. To do that you will have to purchase a data package. I do not remember the exact prices, but I do remember that the data was expensive, in blocks of megabytes, and did not last very long. You also have to make sure that you log off when not using the data. I did not do that the 3rd day of a seven day cruise and my iPhone burned up all my remaining data.
Text-only iMessage is now free on all four ships. They added that feature a few months ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter