Disney cruise line navigator app on google play store requires operating system 9 and up

Kevin O'Brien

Mouseketeer
I've notice on Google play store that the Disney cruise line navigator app requires android system 9 and up and previously the Disney cruise line navigator app on Google play store was required 8 and up.
My Disney Experience app is still at android system 8 and up.

That's not uncommon. As apps get updated they may become less (or not) compatible with older operating system versions. If you're only one away (you said you have 8 and the app says 9), you'll probably be okay. But at some point, if you don't update to the latest operating system version the app may longer work.

Android 9 came out in 2018, had its last security updates in 2022, and is not likely still maintained.

Android 11 is still maintained, and came out in 2020.

Android 14 is the latest.

It is not surprising that apps would no longer be supported on the older versions that are no longer maintained.

Android 9 came out in 2018, had its last security updates in 2022, and is not likely still maintained.

Android 11 is still maintained, and came out in 2020.

Android 14 is the latest.

It is not surprising that apps would no longer be supported on the older versions that are no longer maintained.
Luckily I upgraded my phone a month ago to Android 13 just in time.
My previous phone was android 9 huawei p30 lite and I wouldn't think the DCL navigator app would be compatible for it anymore or much longer as it requires android 9 and above before Christmas it was required android 8 and above so the DCL navigator app must have upgraded the app version with google.
On my previous phone huawei p30 lite the quality of camera wasn't as good and didn't have any room on it for new pictures due to not enough storage.

That's not uncommon. As apps get updated they may become less (or not) compatible with older operating system versions. If you're only one away (you said you have 8 and the app says 9), you'll probably be okay. But at some point, if you don't update to the latest operating system version the app may longer work.
No I meant the DCL navigator app previously required android 8 and up but now it requires android 9 and up.

It's pretty much standard for Google to drop support for a a particular version at this point as they want everyone to get newer devices.

Luckily I upgraded my phone a month ago to Android 13 just in time.
My previous phone was android 9 huawei p30 lite and I wouldn't think the DCL navigator app would be compatible for it anymore or much longer as it requires android 9 and above before Christmas it was required android 8 and above so the DCL navigator app must have upgraded the app version with google.
On my previous phone huawei p30 lite the quality of camera wasn't as good and didn't have any room on it for new pictures due to not enough storage.
I don't understand. I thought "android 9" (or whatever) was the operating system not the phone itself. So, even if you hadn't bought a new phone, couldn't you have just updated the operating system? Sorry, not an android phone user, so maybe I have this totally wrong.

I don't understand. I thought "android 9" (or whatever) was the operating system not the phone itself. So, even if you hadn't bought a new phone, couldn't you have just updated the operating system? Sorry, not an android phone user, so maybe I have this totally wrong.

Support only lasts for so long on all phones and apps. For example, the original iPhone cannot update to the latest iOS.Their phone is too old to update to a newer version of Android

Support only lasts for so long on all phones and apps. For example, the original iPhone cannot update to the latest iOS.Their phone is too old to update to a newer version of Android
True and I wasn't thinking of that, but he only needed to go up one system (and, I guess, hadn't updated in quite a while/or ever).

Everyone should be updating their phone's OS on a semi-regular basis. Not only will apps work better (because as they update the apps they optimize them for whatever the latest OS version is), but there's usually important security patches, etc. in those updates to keep your phone (and your data) safe and secure.

Everyone should be updating their phone's OS on a semi-regular basis. Not only will apps work better (because as they update the apps they optimize them for whatever the latest OS version is), but there's usually important security patches, etc. in those updates to keep your phone (and your data) safe and secure.
some of it is becuse with andriod it's up to individaul compaines that build the phones as to when an update is put out. For exapm;e with Google Pixel phones you get monthly updates for secrety fixes, alng with 3 quartely updates that add new fetures and then the new operariong sytem. Howver deapnding on waht phone you have yo migjt only get one or two opering sytem updates, the pixl 8 is the first one too be garented 3 operating sytem updates. Also a poster mention a phone by huawei, which google ened suport for it in 2019 due to it being manuafed in china.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter