Disney Confessions

This is probably heresy, but the last time we have done table service dining of ANY kind at WDW was in 2009. We have done counter service all the way. Part of it is being cheap, part of it is just the time, but I KNOW we are missing out on a big chunk of experiences that way. I think for our next trip (November) I'll bite the bullet and make some ADRs. There are must too many restaurants whose reviews I am drooling over and I am tired of missing out!

I've been meaning to post on this thread, but I have so many confessions...it's hard to choose. And let's be honest...some of them make me sound downright crazy...while others, I'd probably find I'm in good company with the group.

I like to plan extravagant Disney trips for my entire family- you know the kind that will only happen is you win mega millions in the Lottery? No cost is too high. The crazy extravagant suites at WDW and on the cruise lines, anything goes kind of trips.
I think everyone did this when the powerball was over one billion. I sat there with my ticket ready to book a bungalow at the Poly for the entire month of February,

This is probably heresy, but the last time we have done table service dining of ANY kind at WDW was in 2009. We have done counter service all the way.
You're not alone. That's us, too. The last TS we did was BOG in 2013 and that was the first TS we had done in at least 5-7 years. It isn't worth the time or money to us.
I think everyone did this when the powerball was over one billion. I sat there with my ticket ready to book a bungalow at the Poly for the entire month of February,
No way. If we had won, we would have been packing up and moving to Orlando permanently. There wouldn't have been a moment's hesitation in that decision. We are both ready to go.

This is probably heresy, but the last time we have done table service dining of ANY kind at WDW was in 2009. We have done counter service all the way. Part of it is being cheap, part of it is just the time, but I KNOW we are missing out on a big chunk of experiences that way. I think for our next trip (November) I'll bite the bullet and make some ADRs. There are must too many restaurants whose reviews I am drooling over and I am tired of missing out!

You're not alone. That's us, too. The last TS we did was BOG in 2013 and that was the first TS we had done in at least 5-7 years.

It's funny, but I am your polar opposite. As much as I love attractions and stopping to check out the details, we usually do two TS meals per day. Sure, I have a strange phobia with cafeteria trays that helps drive some of this o_O, but most of it is to enhance our experience.

we usually do two TS meals per day
That would drive me nuts - and broke.

If we want a sit down meal while in Florida, we will head somewhere offsite. There are far better and cheaper options all around the Disney area from casual sit down places to fine dining. We always drive so we have our car and we always stay offsite anyway.

We go to Disney to see Disney, not to spend hours every day eating.

That would drive me nuts - and broke.

If we want a sit down meal while in Florida, we will head somewhere offsite. There are far better and cheaper options all around the Disney area from casual sit down places to fine dining. We always drive so we have our car and we always stay offsite anyway.

We go to Disney to see Disney, not to spend hours every day eating.

For us, it's just personal preference. For me, dining is just another angle of seeing Disney and we've found it makes dining with food allergies a bit easier. I know there are great dining options for the $ offsite, but after years of doing that-especially during my FL resident years...I decided I prefer to stay in "the bubble."

For us, it's just personal preference. For me, dining is just another angle of seeing Disney and we've found it makes dining with food allergies a bit easier. I know there are great dining options for the $ offsite, but after years of doing that-especially during my FL resident years...I decided I prefer to stay in "the bubble."

I agree, we enjoy table service dining at Disney too. We know we could get cheaper elsewhere, but we consider it another part of the Disney experience

Yep - I plan my vacations (especially Disney ones) around where I want to eat, noot the other way around. And as I've posted other places - since I don't drive, it's a pleasure (and part of why I choose WDW in the first place!!) to be able to get myself around to everywhere I want to go/experience/eat while I'm @ WDW. Its "part of the whole point of going there in the first place" to me!

I agree, we enjoy table service dining at Disney too. We know we could get cheaper elsewhere, but we consider it another part of the Disney experience

Yep - I plan my vacations (especially Disney ones) around where I want to eat, noot the other way around. And as I've posted other places - since I don't drive, it's a pleasure (and part of why I choose WDW in the first place!!) to be able to get myself around to everywhere I want to go/experience/eat while I'm @ WDW. Its "part of the whole point of going there in the first place" to me!

Exactly! A pre-park opening breakfast at Crystal Palace and a Wishes timed dinner at Cali Grill or Narcoosee's is as much of the Disney experience to me as riding PotC, Space Mtn, etc. DH is not a huge Disney fan...he likes, but does not LOVE it. I've found that keeping it fresh for him through dining experiences, seasonal festivities and other special extras keeps him intrigued and it just adds greater depth to the experience for me.

Disney confessions - too many to list. The largest though is probably choosing my house location based on the parks. I moved to FL for my job but I chose a house 45 min away from my job so I could be closer to the parks. I realize that sounds silly but I wouldn't change it, even now. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter