Disney Color by Behr

buzzfan120

Earning My Ears
Remember those Mickey head icon paint samples that used to be available at Home Depot? I used to love collecting those things as a little kid, especially the Buzz Lightyear-related colors. I have all the Buzz-related colors except "Code Red", "Gamma Rays", "Orange Blast" and "Space Dust".

People collect the Disney Color By Behr paint samples? I didn't even know that Disney did room paint and the only time I had seen Disney themed room paint was at Lowes and is this the same Tinker Bell room paint that Disneyland Hotel used for the Sierra Tower and Marina Tower rooms?

I remember these Mickey paint samples at ACE Hardware.
They also Sold Packages of a powdered scent that could be stirred into the paint can . I think they were described as smelling like some of the resorts. This was about the same time the Grand Californian opened and loved that smell.
Nowadays I barely notice any good smells when I enter the lobbies.
I assume they had the gingerbread smell at the GF for the holidays.

Ah ok! I remember this version1673036005172.jpeg

My Home Depot didn’t have the correlating Mickey heads but I found what you mean on Google images.

Has no idea that a scent could be blended into the paint. That’s pretty cool!

On the topic of scent and to the post above - I do smell the scents strongly and distinctly that they spray in Yacht Club and Beach Club lobbies.

The Mickey head paint samples were a "thing" here on the DIS years ago. Users would attach the lime-green Mickey heads to backpacks or purses so they could be identified as users here.

Yes, I remember those because when we bought our house we had to redo our daughter's bedroom to make it livable (there was a giant hole in the ceiling, splintering barn wood on 2 of the walls and holes of the others). I saw a Disney paint brochure that showed a dark blue and a stencil with another color to paint the stars. Well, the stars never came out right because the blue was too dark. We ended up getting a laser star projector and it still looks really cool.

Remember those Mickey head icon paint samples that used to be available at Home Depot? I used to love collecting those things as a little kid, especially the Buzz Lightyear-related colors. I have all the Buzz-related colors except "Code Red", "Gamma Rays", "Orange Blast" and "Space Dust".
Are you planning to complete your collection?

I'm hoping those particular Buzz-related colors I don't have will turn up on eBay someday. You never know what you're going to find on eBay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter