• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Club Visa - WDW reservations

samlab25

Earning My Ears
We made our reservations (room only CRO) for Poly Concierge in two weeks. Because it is booked the way it is, we have to pay the balance now. We can, but since its room only, my hubby isn't pleased we have to pay for our trip one month earlier than we would have to if we paid at check in.

Here's the dilemma: we got our DC Visa cards today. We could cancel and re-book our reservation using the Visa card and not have to pay for 6 months w/o interest ( we could pay it all now, but I like using someone else's money as long as I can). What are the changes we couldn't get Poly LV Concierge if we rebooked on such short notice? Would we get the same rate $473/night? HELP! I'm torn and confused.

Did you call and ask if you could just change your ressie to the visa?? I was also wondering...if you knew if we already put down our downpayment, if we put the rest on the visa if it was still 6 mos interest free?

Anyone know??

I think the initial reservation and everything needs to be on the Visa and it needs to be booked through WDTC vs CRO. We're going to call the travel agent Wed. and see what can be done. I'm not sure if she can double book the reservation and if all comes out even we can cancel the original ressie on the other CC. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks I'd appreciate that
We didn't receive our Visa until after the due date of the deposit....maybe we'll get some pixie dust and they'll let us do it

I could be wrong but I believe you only get the "6 mos without interest" when you book a package, not just room only. ~:D~

The package specifies room plus UPH passes qualifies, which we will get anyway.

I am just curious, why do you have to pay the balance in full now. I have never had to pay until I get there.

The travel agent booked it CRO/package. Not sure why, but they all get booked that way. I'm not happy about it because its room only which means we shouldn't really have to pay until check in, but there is some reason why it gets booked that way trough the agent. I'm a little miffed about it honestly.

We made our reservations (room only CRO)
The travel agent booked it CRO/package
Your posts were a little confusing, that's why I commented on you not being able to get the Disney Visa 6 mos. deal. "Room only" is exactly that, room only. If you get passes with your "room only", it's not room only anymore, it's a package. ~:D~

This is from Deb's site, since you made your reservations only 2 weeks out, you have to pay balance now. ~:D~

A CRO package booked 30+ days out requires a one night deposit within two weeks of the booking date. If arrival is less than 30 days out, deposit is required at booking and payment in full at 21 days to arrival. Cancellation up to 6 days prior to arrival gets a full refund. Cancellation within 5 days of arrival forfeits the original one night deposit (the rest is refunded). There are no "change fees" for modifications in CRO.

So, our mistake was booking the trip 32 days prior then booking it last week. That really stinks. We are getting room only with this, no passes. If I re-booked it using the Disney Visa deal I would have to get room and PH passes to qualify. It was one of those things where the agent didn't even tell us we needed to pay more than our deposit, we just got a bill from them two weeks later. When we booked last year we paid at check in so it was no big deal. If you miss paying 21 days in advance (the bill came two days ago from the agent and that was 21 days out) then do they cancel your reservation at Disney? Now I'm paranoid AND miffed.

I am not sure if this is exactly on point. I just got off the phone with the Disney Visa people because my husband applied for the card one week ago and we just got it today.

They told me that ANY PURCHASE, INCLUDING ROOM ONLY RESERVATIONS IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE 6 MONTH INITIAL INTEREST DEFEREMENT. This, the visa agent explained, means that if you received your card in April, any purchase, including room only reservations, will be deferred until the September statement which is due in mid October.

In addition, she said, until further notice, anytime you book a disney package through a disney travel agency and tell them you are using the Disney Visa, you will have six months interest free in which to pay for the vacation. You have to pay FOR ALL COMPONENTS using the Disney Visa Card. Which the agent told me meant, deposit, intervening payments as well as final payment. This benefit is not currently set to expire but will be modified from time to time.

Sorry for the all caps but the agent had this great accent and she read to me the rules and emphasized the capitalized portions LOL

Why don't you simply call WDW CRO direct and try to book your desired room and tickets using the Disney VISA without mentioning the TA arranged trip. IF you are able to make a reservation that suits you--then you can have the TA cancel the original res. Further, if you're worried about ticking off the TA--then you can always permit him/her to "take over" the res you made. Frankly, if you're miffed anyway--I would just do it myself.

Making a new res would also permit you to inquire about the six months interest free payment option, etc. You could pay for your passes with the VISA, etc if you desired.

Almost forgot--don't forget to use one of the discount codes when trying to secure your room only res! ;) They do work (provided there is availability) at Polynesian LV/GV concierge.

They told me that ANY PURCHASE, INCLUDING ROOM ONLY RESERVATIONS IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE 6 MONTH INITIAL INTEREST DEFEREMENT.
Thanks ftmyersgirl, that's good to know because that's not how it is stated on the brochure I received with my card. ~:D~

You stated earlier that your TA booked it CRO/package, but in your last post you say you are not getting passes. If you are not getting passes, then the following applies to you. ~:D~

A CRO room only reservation requires a one night's deposit within 14 days. If arrival is less than 30 days out, deposit is required at booking. The balance is due at resort check in. MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and The Disney Credit Card are accepted. You may also mail a check or money order. You may change or modify your reservation up to 5 days prior to arrival at no charge. Cancellations up to the 6 day mark will have your deposit refunded in full. Cancellations after the 6 day mark will be charged the one night's deposit as a penalty. Any additional amounts that may have been paid on the reservation will be refunded in full.

I think you better double check with you TA and find out exactly what she did book for you!

Ok here is the latest....
I just called wdtco...to see if we could change our ressie to the our visa credit card .
The official word is to receive the 6 mos. 0% financing the package must be booked with the disney card...if you choose to cancell and re-book to apply the ressie to the card ......... if the discounted rate you booked with is no longer availble or rooms are filled you risk losing that rate.

We chose not to re-book because we had the comeback rate which was phenomenal...and we would lose that if we re-booked.

Hope this explanation helps someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter