Disney Club -- room reservations

zoe dog

Mouseketeer
Hi -- when you make room reservations throught the disney club (or change reservations to get a DC discount) do you have to go thru the disney travel agency and pay the full amount of the stay up front?

Sorry if this is a confusing question.

Here's our situation:

We have already made reservations for a junior suite at WL (so no DC discount possible) thru whatever office it is that lets you pay just one night in advance and cancel up to 5 days prior. We now plan to split our stay to include time at PO-Riverside -- for which DC discount may be available. If we do that and are able to get the discount, will we have to go thru the disney travel office and pay the full amount and (I think?) have a less forgiving cancellation policy?

I booked through WDTC and the amount of your deposit will depend on when you are staying. If you are booking for 2002 you will have to pay a $200 deposit b/c DC discounts are not out yet. I THINK the deposit is $150 if you are booking for this year. It will also depend on availability. The cancellation policy also depends on if you are booking for this year or 2002. I was booking for 2002 and the reservation had to be paid off 45 days in advance. There were also change fees of $50 (i think) and $100 cancellation fee.

I think the best thing for you to do would be to call WDTC and talk with them about the policies. I hope I haven't been to confusing and this info helps you. :wave:

Last year, I had made reservation through CRO like I had always done. I had planned to change over later to apply whatever MKC discount had come out. Then they switched to DC. I had called, intending to switch over my current ressies to have the discount applied and they told me that I would have to cancel those ressies and make new ones! There is no way just to switch them anymore. All ressies are now made through Disney Travel Co. If you made your ressies through CRO, which is sounds like you did if you only needed one nights deposit, they will tell you to cancel them and make new ones. The last I had heard, the deposit is $100 and it must be paid in full within 21 days of your arrival. The $50 change fee has been done away with (at least that is what I have heard) and if you cancel within 5 days of your trip, there is a $150 fee.
I hope this helps. I would call the number on the back of the disney club card just to be sure that they haven't changed their policies again. Have a great time planning your trip.

Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter