Disney Christmas week = Nervous

First Christmas week trip for us too and so excited! We have all our FP's and meals scheduled. I keep second guessing myself as to whether I should have scheduled my FP's later in the day or evening instead of late morning to early afternoon. I think the ambience after dark is going to be huge for us, so with early FP's we'll just spend the evenings watching parades and fireworks if lines for attractions are unbearable. Wish I thought to book a breakfast at Epcot on Christmas morning though at my 180. Probably not much chance now!

Wish I thought to book a breakfast at Epcot on Christmas morning though at my 180. Probably not much chance now!

Keep checking, especially a couple of days before Christmas. People who book multiple reservations have to start letting go of them at this point and firm up there own plans. :goodvibes

I'm so jealous! I have always wanted to go to Disney during Christmas time! The most important thing to pack it a good attitude. Who cares about the crowds? You are going to be at Disney! Have a blast, you have some great stuff planned. Wish I could go!

This is our first trip of actually being there right before Christmas departing on Christmas Day. We have BOG reservations on Christmas eve at 5:50 PM. We were not planning to go into the Magic Kingdom until sometime Christmas eve in the afternoon. Since we are not staying onsite and cannot do the extra magic hour in the morning I am worried we will not even be able to get in.

I think you're all set! As long as you go into it knowing YES it will be crowded, then you'll already know what's ahead of you and you'll have a great time.

Please do post a trip report when you come back! This past June was my first WDW peak season trip since 1976 (ouch) and although the crowds weren't bad, the weather was so horrid (ugh, the soul killing humidity) that we're seriously considering our next trip to be over Christmas break.

I think I could handle the huge crowds better than I could handle that horrible humidity. We're peak season people until my daughter graduates, so we have to deal with it!

When we do DL we often hit the parks at 7:00am and love how empty they are.

This is our first trip of actually being there right before Christmas departing on Christmas Day. We have BOG reservations on Christmas eve at 5:50 PM. We were not planning to go into the Magic Kingdom until sometime Christmas eve in the afternoon. Since we are not staying onsite and cannot do the extra magic hour in the morning I am worried we will not even be able to get in.

I think you will be alright for Christmas Eve. We have done two Christmas week trips including just last year. We also had BOG reservations for Christmas Eve and although we had been at MK at rope drop that morning, we took an afternoon break and reentered for our evening BOG reservation and did not have a problem. Also did not see any posted signs about closing. My parents just entered in the evening to do dinner with us and again not a problem. Now it is crowded and we were there to just enjoy dinner and atmosphere.

Now Christmas day is where we saw the MK Closure signs posted!! At least on our two trips starting Christmas day is when MK swells and starts having closures due to capacity.

Enjoy your BOG Christmas Eve!! We loved it!!

I think you will be alright for Christmas Eve. We have done two Christmas week trips including just last year. We also had BOG reservations for Christmas Eve and although we had been at MK at rope drop that morning, we took an afternoon break and reentered for our evening BOG reservation and did not have a problem. Also did not see any posted signs about closing. My parents just entered in the evening to do dinner with us and again not a problem. Now it is crowded and we were there to just enjoy dinner and atmosphere.

Now Christmas day is where we saw the MK Closure signs posted!! At least on our two trips starting Christmas day is when MK swells and starts having closures due to capacity.

Enjoy your BOG Christmas Eve!! We loved it!!

Great! This was my concern too. We are spending Christmas Eve morning at AK then resting at POP. We then have BOG at 530p with FP+ ressies around it (430-530 SDMT, 630-730 HM, 730-830 A&A). My DD will kill me if we can't get in to BOG and AA. That was her one request for this trip... Christmas Eve dinner at BOG. *Fingers Crossed*

Its getting closer for you!! I hope you have a great time.

We are going NEXT CHRISTMAS. I am nervous about it NOW,myself. I am sure it will be great.

To the OP, there is no need to be nervous, you should be extremely excited! Just go with the understanding and expectation that the parks will be very CROWDED so you are not disappointed stay positive..

Gah!!! Now that my trip is 50 days away (going Dec 24th- 28th) I am getting a little nervous that something may go array.

Everything has worked out perfectly so far. I've never had a bad time at Disney and the three times I have been this year things have been completely magical. I even became an annual passholder this year.

I got the Fastpasses I wanted and for six people, those include Christmas eve mine coasters, anna and elsa, wishes, the Christmas parade... as well as everything I wanted for the other four parks. I've got all the ADRs I wanted, BOG Christmas eve, Akershus breakfast Christmas Day, Coral Reef CP package Christmas day, Fantasmic dining package, Tusker House, Ohana breakfast and two Hoop Do Doos.. oh and a sleigh ride, and wishes dessert party for the 26th.

Have any of you had this "nervous" feeling a few months before a trip? I feel like my magicbands aren't going to ship, or there is going to be a glitch and all my reservations and fastpasses are going to go poof! or there is going to be a problem with my hotel reservations.. I dunno.. everything is coming together a little too perfectly.

Nope, not nervous about any of the things you are nervous about, ressies, etc.

But, I would be 'very' nervous about the crowds so thick you can't move - have seen pictures from friends - 'No' way could you even pay me to be there at that time! :faint:

Last year my family traveled to WDW December 29-January 4. We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. I was very nervous because we were traveling with my grandma and knew we were going to have to take it slower. With Fast Pass Plus, we were able to see everything we wanted! Our longest wait was for Star Tours and that was because we didn't have a FP for it. We had the mind set of being flexible. We knew it was going to be crowded.
My best advice to you is get to the parks early to see as much as you can, and take it easy in the afternoon. You'll have a great time. Enjoy the decorations and your family!

We go to WDW during Christmas every other year. It seems that MK has AM EMH the entire week. We always attend the fireworks show on the 24th....still crash busy, but not as bad as Christmas day. We get as as much done as possible fir the first few hours after rope drop, then use FP in mid afternoon after a break and maybe a show or two in evening. It is crazy busy but still my favorite place to spend Christmas. This year is an off year for us. Running the marathon in Jan so have to wait tip next year for Christmas with MICKEY!!

Great! This was my concern too. We are spending Christmas Eve morning at AK then resting at POP. We then have BOG at 530p with FP+ ressies around it (430-530 SDMT, 630-730 HM, 730-830 A&A). My DD will kill me if we can't get in to BOG and AA. That was her one request for this trip... Christmas Eve dinner at BOG. *Fingers Crossed*

Sounds like we have similar times for BOG, 7dmt & HM .... Starting to get really excited

We go to WDW during Christmas every other year. It seems that MK has AM EMH the entire week. We always attend the fireworks show on the 24th....still crash busy, but not as bad as Christmas day. We get as as much done as possible fir the first few hours after rope drop, then use FP in mid afternoon after a break and maybe a show or two in evening. It is crazy busy but still my favorite place to spend Christmas. This year is an off year for us. Running the marathon in Jan so have to wait tip next year for Christmas with MICKEY!!

thanks for this! Sounds like a good plan to follow.

haven't done Christmas since FP+, my thought is to make FP+ for later in the day, but afraid if parks hit capacity we won't be able to get in to use them - thoughts?

haven't done Christmas since FP+, my thought is to make FP+ for later in the day, but afraid if parks hit capacity we won't be able to get in to use them - thoughts?

Schedule FP for afternoon, arrive in morning.

that's what I'm trying to avoid, DS has special needs and needs breaks, so I'm hoping to break his day up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter