Disney Chase Visa Card Credit Line reduction

No. I haven't had this happen. we actually have several Chase Visa cards and they keep upping our limits on them. I would actually like to call and have them reduced.

I paid off and cut up every single one of our credit cards. Had a Chase Disney Visa and had nothing but problems with it. I don't even have a personal card to secure a rental car (use my corporate card to do so). Ever since I've done that..my life has improved dramatically!

I know it's almost impossible to give up every credit card, but we did it and I don't regret it for a second!

I'm pretty sure they have to send you a letter letting you know that they reduced your line. If my memory serves me correctly (I used to work in credit cards), they have to notify you something like 45 days before they lower your line. You may have just missed the letter as it is often sent in an unmarked envelope. It is highly unlikely it was unannounced.

They can lower it at their discretion and don't need a reason to do so.

They aren't going to tell you in advance of lowering it. If you are actually a bad credit risk, then you would go out and run up all the "available credit" before the lowering date. I believe they are required to let you know that they have lowered your credit, but there is no obligation nor does it make sense for them to do it BEFORE they lower your credit.

They aren't going to tell you in advance of lowering it. If you are actually a bad credit risk, then you would go out and run up all the "available credit" before the lowering date. I believe they are required to let you know that they have lowered your credit, but there is no obligation nor does it make sense for them to do it BEFORE they lower your credit.

Yes you are correct, the before should have said after. I did say in the first sentence that they had to let you know they reduced you line. A typo. :thumbsup2

No time notice required under any of my Chase agreements. Chase is NOTORIOUS for lowering the credit limt, then sending you the letter. It just happened to us while we were at Disney in May. I was planning on using my Disney Visa for our incidentals. Placed it on record. I wondered why I never got a receipt at check out, so I called and the desk said one would be emailed to me at home. Never got one, then I discovered that Chase had lowered my available credit from $10,000 to $100.00 on the 2nd day of my vacation. I didn't receive the letter notifying me of this until 10 days after we returned from vacation. Chase has done it repeatedly to my husband and I since 2008. They have done more harm to our credit rating than anything we have done. It angers me the most that they cut my ratio from 30% balance to 98% balance to limit, then use their actions to justify cutting the limit on another Chase card, which creates another ding on my credit. I didn't charge up the percentage; they changed it to my detriment.

As I said in the post above this one, I meant to say after they lower your line, not before.

DON'T USE CREDIT CARDS THERES A NEAT IDEA FOR YA.
:lmao:

Why would I stop using credit cards?? I've earned almost $1000 in Disney Dream rewards dollars in the last year, enough points on my SWA Visa to pay for our flights to WDW next month, and I haven't paid them one penny of interest. My debit card number gets compromised & I'm cleaned out and it's a huge PITA, whereas my Visas have $0 fraud liability.

DON'T USE CREDIT CARDS THERES A NEAT IDEA FOR YA.
:lmao:

:confused3

Wow.

Why would I stop using credit cards?? I've earned almost $1000 in Disney Dream rewards dollars in the last year, enough points on my SWA Visa to pay for our flights to WDW next month, and I haven't paid them one penny of interest. My debit card number gets compromised & I'm cleaned out and it's a huge PITA, whereas my Visas have $0 fraud liability.

Exactly. :thumbsup2

I personally hate Chase. And yes, they're notorious for this. :furious:

Curious if any other Disney Chase Visa Card holders through Chase Bank recently experienced an unannounced credit line reduction.

As I went to book my Disney vacation for Late Sept into Oct I gave the agent my Disney Visa card number, only to find out it was declined. I knew I had $3500 worth of credit that should secure a one night reservation.

After securing the reservation with another card I called Disney Visa to find out that Chase had cut my credit line by $3000 with no notification. I was told I have to wait and call Monday morning.

Luckily I have other cards, but very disheartening to be shot down by Disney Visa while trying to book a Disney vacation.

You should check that there isn't someone with your same name and same city that has bad credit. MIL has this happen and they mix them up all the time. She got denied for a Macy's card and she has great credit and no debt so she was taken back. They didn't give her a good reason so after seriously looking throughout it and talking to some friends that actually worked there she found out that was the reason why. Well fast forward a year she got problem with the bank and it was because of the same lady.

We had never had this problem. The only one that just close the account was best buy but that was because we didn't use that card for years and they did send us a bunch of notices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter