Disney Characters and other questions

snuggle26

Earning My Ears
Were going to Disney and CA in November. I must admit i'm not that familiar with all the different characters. We'd love to do autograph book for/with my son with Disney characters signatures next to a picture we take with the characters. Are there any pocket sized books with names/characters ect or a good website I could go to to find out this info? My son is only 1 now and will be 18 months when we go so I'm sure he wont know the names of most of them either. Also, does anyone know of a good website or store where I could get autograph books? Any recomendations would be good. And last, does anyone know of a good way to introduce my 18 month old to the characters? I dont want him to get freaked out. What would be some good ways to introuduce them so he's not scared?
Thanks so much
Lisa

My ds was 19 months old when we went to Disneyland for the first time last summer. He wasn't freaked out by anyone, although a lot of the characters that were in full costume, he wouldn't stand next to them for a picture unless I was with him. He got better though after a couple of days in the parks.

As for getting him familiar with the characters, I would just watch Disney movies with him. My ds was most familiar with Buzz and Woody, from Toy Story. The look of utter amazement on ds' face when we "ran into" Woody, walking around Frontierland is a classic. And ds would not give up on Buzz' autograph. It took us an hour, and we had to chase Buzz all over Tomorrowland in the end, but we got it. Ds only spoke about 10 words at the time, and when I would suggest we come back later for Buzz, he would just say "Buzz! Buzz!" Don't panic if he isn't sure. Offer to hold him, and have a the Cast Member take the picture. They are all willing to do that. Ds had no idea who JoJo and Goliath were, from JoJo's Circus on the Disney Channel. But he gave JoJo a big kiss and hug. From that moment on, he always knew who JoJo is!

They do have autograph books in the parks. They sell 2 or 3 different kinds. There is one that has just the pages, and there is one or two that have a plastic envelope on one page for a picture, with the opposite page being blank for an autograph. I got my each of my two kids an autograph book, and it still is one of their favorite things. If you'd rather have one ahead of time, you can go to any craft store or scrapbook store, and just pick up a 7 x 7 album. You don't have to decorate it ahead of time. Just get the autographs, and you can incorporate pictures into it later.

108702100_0654A.jpg

Hi, when researching for our trip last year, I stumbled on this wonderful character website. It is put together by a family with AP's... she has listed with photos all the characters they have met in their many years, where to find them, how rare they are,e tc..

http://dlandfriends.com/

you can get autograph books on ebay, or you can google disney autograph books - there are lots of places! I made ours...

I was able to find generic autograph (mini-sketch) books at our local dollar store. The paper was really thick so great for the autographs. My daughters used Disney stickers to decorate the covers, and many of the face characters interacted with them about the stickers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter