Disney changed my reservation without my knowledge

Networth

DIS Veteran
I had a lagoon view pass holder room only reservation booked at the GF this December. I just looked at the reservation on Disney’s website and it shows I have a garden view booked yet the confirmation email shows the lagoon view that I actually did book.

Anyone experience something like this? Do I have any leg to stand on?

Thanks.

I had a lagoon view pass holder room only reservation booked at the GF this December. I just looked at the reservation on Disney’s website and it shows I have a garden view booked yet the confirmation email shows the lagoon view that I actually did book.

Anyone experience something like this?

Yes, multiple times. Booked Water View and switched to Standard. Booked Preferred and switched to Standard. Booked King and switched to Standard.

Do I have any leg to stand on?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, no. The fine print states that your reservation guarantees you A room on property, not the room type you booked.

That has not happened to me but one time my dining plan did not show up.
Why not call?
You have the email that states what you booked.
Mine ended up being a front of house glitch but it was correct on their end. Same could be true for you.

This hasn't happened to me, but I would call them and see if they can fix it. You reserved the room and have a confirmation. If they can take it from you and give it to someone else then they can take it from someone else and give it to you. Someone loses the room, but if it is important to you then definitely speak up.

Definitely call. Could be a website glitch. I have had them change categories on me, but it was day of when my room was assigned... not far in advance like that.

Got it fixed by calling. The CM was very helpful and got it corrected on her end. Still don’t know what happened. At first they tried telling me I booked garden view. Than I told them I have an email and credit card statement showing the total reflected a higher category room.

Than wouldn’t you know it somehow a previously “no availability for lagoon view” response changed to a “let me look into this”.

I stopped spending extra money on any type of view outside of garden and even then my views have never been very good.

If I book water view i'll get 10% 90% bushes.
If I book garden I get 10% bushes and 90% parking lot.
When we booked a 3 bedroom villa at AKL I got the only one of the bunch thats about 75% swimming pool.
Are luck with this is terrible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter