• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney casting for show at the Hyperion

Peter wasn't in the fictional scene, no. Then again Peggy wasn't in it either, so I mainly was going by age. Bucky would make more sense (although he was not in that scene either), but that age range is too young for him.

I had role 5 as Steve in my assumptions, yes.

Peter wasn't in the fictional scene, no. Then again Peggy wasn't in it either, so I mainly was going by age. Bucky would make more sense (although he was not in that scene either), but that age range is too young for him.

I had role 5 as Steve in my assumptions, yes.
As much as I love this whole idea, do we seriously think that Disney would mount a production of an in-joke musical that was referenced in one episode of a TV show? It seems too esoteric for general DL audiences.

As much as I love this whole idea, do we seriously think that Disney would mount a production of an in-joke musical that was referenced in one episode of a TV show? It seems too esoteric for general DL audiences.

I'm not a Marvel fan (I know people love it and that's totally cool with me), so I don't know the show or episode you are talking about. However, I think a Marvel Musical could work if you didn't need to understand the show/episode it was based on to enjoy it. It could work on two levels: It's awesome and fun if you get the in-joke, but if you don't, it's a fun production with the Marvel characters singing and dancing.

I'm not a Marvel fan (I know people love it and that's totally cool with me), so I don't know the show or episode you are talking about. However, I think a Marvel Musical could work if you didn't need to understand the show/episode it was based on to enjoy it. It could work on two levels: It's awesome and fun if you get the in-joke, but if you don't, it's a fun production with the Marvel characters singing and dancing.
Agreed. Plus I feel like Disney is almost desparate to tie Disney+ into the rest of their brand. But they would definitely need to make it have broad appeal for general Marvel fans. We were so excited to see Agatha Harkness (Wanda Vision character) at the OBB this year, but so many people just walked by having no idea who she was.

Then again this new show could have nothing to do with Marvel. I can't wait to find out.

My daughter is auditioning for this! I need to ask her if she knows what it is.
I wish my kid was a dancer. I keep telling him to send his tape in anyway but he won't (probably because he's moving to New York in April, but we won't talk about that)

Hi, Kit. "Rogers: The Musical" is from Disney's "Hawkeye" TV series. The premiere of the musical on Broadway draws Clint Barton to NYC. He flinches all the way through it because it's really over the top.

I think there were only 2-3 songs in the TV version. Maybe it could be fleshed out a bit for a Hyperion show, and the storyline made clearer for people who don't know the backstory on it.

I'm not much of a Marvel fan, either. I saw "Black Panther" in a theater because some friends invited me while I was visiting them out of town, but have only seen a few of the others on TV. And a couple of the TV series. I did like "Hawkeye" and I sure hope that Jeremy Renner will be able to do another season in the future.

Everything about the casting listings screams Hercules except the English accent. They are currently working on a full length Hercules musical with hopes to get it to Broadway at some point which also fits. Aladdin was at the Hyperion years before a full length version went to Broadway. Frozen was well into development and headed to Broadway, but still the Hyperion version opened about a year before it hit Broadway. It would make sense that they would be putting a version of Hercules at CA, to see how it plays to the crowd since they are working on a full length production.

Love Hercules, but instead we would REALLY REALLY want Rogers the Musical!!!!!!!!!

After reading the casting call descriptions my guess is some sort of version of The USO tour from Captain America The First Avenger, with parts of that film and Agent Carter tv series. It would give a back story / origins to Avengers Campus. Rogers The Musical, while a fan favorite is too deep a cut for casual fans, but using The USO tour from Captain America is more mainstream.

Role #1/Featured Principal – 3 Female identifying roles, 20’s to 50’s. Vocal Range: All. Style: Proficient with harmonization and ability to sing in many styles from Destiny’s Child to Andrew Sisters. These three performers are a fun, energetic and musical sisterhood that acts as the occasional “Greek Chorus”. = The Star Spangled Singers?

Role #2/Featured Principal
– Female identifying, mid 20’s to early 30’s. Vocal Range: Mezzo Soprano. Style: contemporary musical theatre. Brave, resourceful and intelligent. Must have a strong English accent. = Peggy Carter?

Role #3/Featured Principal
– Male identifying, 17 to 20. Vocal Range: Tenor. Style: contemporary musical theater. Young man coming into his greatness. = Steve Rogers?

Role #4/Featured Principal
– Male identifying, 30’s to 40’s. Vocal Range: Baritone/Tenor. Style: contemporary musical theatre. He is decisive, capable, principled and has a wry sense of humor. Leads others with attitude and swagger.
= Jarvis?

Role #5/Featured Principal
– Male identifying, mid 20's to early 30's. Vocal Range: Baritone/Tenor. Style: contemporary musical theater. He is a noble, loyal, idealistic, and romantic do-gooder, who does not give up easily. Howard Stark?

Everything about the casting listings screams Hercules except the English accent.

For me it is the age brackets given too.

We have 17 to 20, 30s to 40s and mid 20s to early 30th.

For Hercules are we all on the same page that the youngest one would be Hercules and the oldest Hades?

I would put a larger age gap between Herc and Phil than we have with the ages given.

Phil is Hercules' mentor and described as a "crochety old Satyr." Mid 20s is too young for him, and if we put him in the older spot the age gap between Herc and Hades would definitely not be big enough.

And neither Hades nor Phil are romantic do-gooders in my book.

I would love if it was Hercules, and my first reaction when I saw the casting call was "OMG Hercules is coming to Hyperion!!" But meanwhile I have doubts, Maybe they will not recreate Rogers the Musical, but it definitely sounds like something Avengers related as laz suggests.

Just saw this news that Disney is casting for a new show at the Hyperion. No details on what the show is or when it will be scheduled to run, but I'm very hopeful.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...-theatre-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Curious if others have any speculation based on the cast details?
- One female lead has to have a strong English accent
- Trio of three female leads will be a "Greek" type chorus
- Young male lead (17-20) will be coming into his greatness
- Slightly older male lead (mid 20s/30s) is a romantic do-gooder

How long does it usually take to go from casting to have a production ready?
I say it’s Rogers- the musical. Peggy is British. The three girls will sing “star spangled man with a plan”. The young guy will either be pre serum steve or Bucky. And the older one will be post serum steve

I hope its something disneyesque, i loved frozen, and i think there alot of disney fans that are not Marvel fans, me included. I think it needs to play to a broader audience, especially since tales of the lion king has a very cheap feel to it. Mickey an the musical map was a great loss,

I wish my kid was a dancer. I keep telling him to send his tape in anyway but he won't (probably because he's moving to New York in April, but we won't talk about that)
My kid is strongest in voice but is a good dancer as well. She's just finishing her BFA in musical theater. Who knows where she'll end up or if she lands anything? It's not a career for the faint of heart, ha ha. She's auditioning in NYC for Cats soon.

My kid is strongest in voice but is a good dancer as well. She's just finishing her BFA in musical theater. Who knows where she'll end up or if she lands anything? It's not a career for the faint of heart, ha ha. She's auditioning in NYC for Cats soon.
T is strongest in voice and acting. As his acting teacher, I have a hard time saying his vocals are stronger 😉 but I think they might be. He's a terrible dancer, although he's gotten much better since he left home. In fact, when we saw him in Mamma Mia this summer the first thing I asked him was "when did you learn to dance?!" He's on contract at a regional theatre in the midwest right now and planning the move to NYC soon. And he turns 24 in April 😭

Here's hoping for many broken legs for your daughter, whether that's with Disney or in NYC or someplace else. You're right, it's not for the faint of heart, but for those with the passion, I can't imagine them doing anything else.

T is strongest in voice and acting. As his acting teacher, I have a hard time saying his vocals are stronger 😉 but I think they might be. He's a terrible dancer, although he's gotten much better since he left home. In fact, when we saw him in Mamma Mia this summer the first thing I asked him was "when did you learn to dance?!" He's on contract at a regional theatre in the midwest right now and planning the move to NYC soon. And he turns 24 in April 😭

Here's hoping for many broken legs for your daughter, whether that's with Disney or in NYC or someplace else. You're right, it's not for the faint of heart, but for those with the passion, I can't imagine them doing anything else.
but for those with the passion, I can't imagine them doing anything else.
Exactly!! Our kids are close in age. My dd will be 23 in June. Your son must have been so excited about getting a contract! My dd has been going to auditions but always ends up in the final final final call, but no contract. Now that she's almost done with school, she's feeling a lot more pressure.

You're an acting teacher? That's awesome!

My mother was my acting teacher, and I was ALWAYS a terrible dancer but could still get cast because (my mother says) I could ACT like I could dance (confidence, extension, paid attention to where my face should be, etc.) Perhaps that's why he's a "good" dancer...he's ACTING like he can dance, because you taught him so well! :)

And you know what would make Rogers The Musical even more perfect? Have an After Dark Marvel Night for the premiere!!

That's such a bummer about Frozen! If not Frozen, I wish they would bring back Aladdin or something classic that appeals to a wide audience. Even Encanto would be a good choice, but it sounds like none of those are what is being auditioned for.

I'm not into Marvel, though I do appreciate the Webslingers ride and the theming of Avengers Campus. I'm not even sure what Rogers the Musical is from, so would be less inclined to take time out to see it. I'm not sure if having something in there that is really only going to appeal to Marvel fans is the best plan to get crowds similar to what Frozen and Aladdin got, but time will tell.

That's such a bummer about Frozen! If not Frozen, I wish they would bring back Aladdin or something classic that appeals to a wide audience. Even Encanto would be a good choice, but it sounds like none of those are what is being auditioned for.

I'm not into Marvel, though I do appreciate the Webslingers ride and the theming of Avengers Campus. I'm not even sure what Rogers the Musical is from, so would be less inclined to take time out to see it. I'm not sure if having something in there that is really only going to appeal to Marvel fans is the best plan to get crowds similar to what Frozen and Aladdin got, but time will tell.
I totally agree with you, Frozen never got a proper closing and they let aladdin 13 14 years way beyond what they should have, The day before the teh park was closed in 2020, i wanted to go see the 1115 showing of frozen but ir was raining like a monsoon, and i didnt want to take my mom out in it. we left that afternoon, Im so tired of marvel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter