Disney cancels many summer Galactic Starcruiser voyages

If they are cutting back the frequency, then clearly they aren't getting enough reservations to fill it and be open full-time. I think those who have gone probably see it as a 'one and done' sort of experience and likely won't return anytime soon. Not surprising since its appeal was to a limited group of people and is the most expensive place to stay at Disney. Think Disney has limited options for how else to fully utilize a 100 room hotel.

Curious to know who sold the original idea to Disney management and if they will still have a job?

When it opened, I couldn't help but think "Disney must have an idea to transform this once the luster wears off". I think it would be easy to turn it into a deluxe hotel (maybe DVC?) As said before, they'd need to add a pool. Keeping the backdoor shuttle would be a bonus for guests. It will be interesting to see where this will go.
The back door shuttle is cool.

Getting anywhere other than Hollywood Studios is not.

Who ever heard if a swimming pool on a spaceship?

I'm old renough to have seen Episodes V and VI in theaters. I begged my mother in vain for Princess Leia Underoos. And I loved the sequels. I'll take them over the prequels and the TV shows any day.

I'm another member of the I'd Book This Tomorrow If I Had The Money Club.

Just as I predicted in my recent post in this thread the final voyages of the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser are soon near and will be closed for good by next year. First Disney's starting to cancel Galactic Starcruiser voyages during the summer and now in October they're only gonna do two voyages a week. It sounds like to me that Disney wants to shorten the voyage format due to time and money and they hope that two voyages alone is gonna help boost the resort's popularity? The final answer is no in my eyes. What I think is gonna happen is Disney will lower the prices of the cabins and hopefully get more people in. Because in my eyes Disney is concentrating more on seeing how long the Galactic Starcruiser will last and trying to get more promotion for it "TV commercials special deals more interesting stuff etc" and they think that with two voyages a week that will save them money. Another thing that makes me curious is has Disney been auditioning more actors to play characters in the resort and how much do they get paid?

It's almost as though most of us saw this coming.

It was a terrible business model right out the gate. A bad business model will eventually tank even the best idea.

It sounds like it's a fun experience, it's just WAY too expensive and the audience is limited. Finding SW fans who want to spend two days roleplaying AND who are able to go to Florida AND who have tons of money to spend is tough.

Most SW fans will be satisfied to just take a regular trip to WDW and buy a ticket to HS and go to Batuu. Then they can get their SW fix and head on back to the hotel and the pool whenever they want.

It was conceived after The Force Awakens came out, was a huge hit and it looked like SW was going to blow up again. Maybe they should have waited until the next two movies came out to make sure it was actually true.

According to a bus driver, the building will soon go under sub-lease to Universal. The purpose is to sell season passes to Universal Studios. It would be the next logical step in TWDC's drive to keep people out of their parks.
He must have been the brother of the guy I met in EPCOT lounge who said be sure to catch D23 Expo coming up to see announcements about DVC in China and Paris launching in 2022….

I always thought this would be a bust. Especially after seeing the itinerary......nothing looked appealing enough to spend 1/4 of the money they were asking.
That’s the real issue… is the cost is so so high for what they are peddling. It is only going to appeal to a super small niche of customers.

That was last October.
Just saw a new influencer video on FB so free trips still seem to be given out (this couple gets most things free and very obvious WDW even flew them out for free and provided everything for free). This was bottom-of-the-barrel too. Almost zero content, labeled their trip as to Disneyland, and didn’t even seem interested in the trip or activities.

It sounds like it's a fun experience, it's just WAY too expensive and the audience is limited. Finding SW fans who want to spend two days roleplaying AND who are able to go to Florida AND who have tons of money to spend is tough.

Most SW fans will be satisfied to just take a regular trip to WDW and buy a ticket to HS and go to Batuu. Then they can get their SW fix and head on back to the hotel and the pool whenever they want.

It was conceived after The Force Awakens came out, was a huge hit and it looked like SW was going to blow up again. Maybe they should have waited until the next two movies came out to make sure it was actually true.
It is just priced too high. If they could discount it and maintain quality it would expand the target audience, but the opex may be too high to allow that. I'd like to try it but at these prices it would be a one and done.

Last edited:
I think many people look at that price and think “I’d rather take a cruise”
Or for that price how many times can I stay at another WDW resort and visit GE on my own?

Disney is at the wrong place on the supply/demand curve with it's current pricing. It is a small hotel so they're using price to weed out buyers but it has worked too well.

Kind of like the person who wants 650k for a property that only fetches offers of 500k. Is it really worth 650k if no one will pay 650k for it?

Rather than drop the house rate I think they'd be better off offering more extensive discounts to dedicated groups like DVC, AP, Florida residents and spurring demand that way. Discounting a high starting price is a lot more palatable to people. A spoon full of sugar does help the medicine go down!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter