Disney Bride or Not!

MyMelody

Mouseketeer
The title is to explain a bit about me, I want you all to know me. I am a 33 year old mother of 2 beautiful angels :angel: my children are my life! I am not married nor engaged to my children's father but I come on here to read and see beautiful love stories. At the age of 16, I was engaged with a old childhood/family friend he was at the time 25 we cared about each other very much and he treated me like a princess. We both got married when I turned 17 and not even a year into our marriage he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease (cancer) and we went through so much in the years to follow. Our husband and wife relationship turned into more of a nurse/patient relationship our Love became brother/sister I was there for him unconditionally through better or worse, in sickness and in health, right? I loved him dearly he was so special to me no matter what. On valentines day of the year he died we had a special night. We could not go out cause he was so sick so we had a block buster and dinner night. He chose the movie (Love Story) I had no idea what the movie was about but boy did I cry that day.. When the movie was over after my eyes were soo puffy that I barely could keep them open. he then asked me that if he passed away all he wanted was for me to promise him that I would find the most perfect person that can give me all the happiness that I deserved for taking such great care of him. I walked out of the living room and asked him to please stop talking like that. I walked away without ever promising anything and the conversation there was over. It was 8 months later sitting beside him on his death bead in a hospital for 1 whole week he was covered in tubes without being able to talk and I was sitting there just reading to him and in my mind thinking everything and anything. I became a widow at 22 my long time friend was taken from me and I suffered dearly :sad1: all I did was sleep and cry for months. I decided that I needed to get out and have a good time I was 22 I had done all I could do for him while he was alive I started going out with friends and meeting people but no one I met was worth anything so I just became a party girl. I meet this one guy over the Internet and we talk for years over the net. I really liked him cause he was so sweet. We started having phone calls and then one day 3 years later I go visit him in NY. I went to see my friends who live there and we happen to make a date to finally meet in person it was really nice out meeting. We talked and talked and talked never wanted to say bye but we did and it was over. The day after I left NY he called and asked me if I could go back that he would pay for it. I was like ummmm NO but a few months later I pay ed to visit my bf and spent a few days with him they were great. I came back home and he called me again and said can you take some time off I said um yes and he said I'll call you back. He calls me back and he had booked a one way ticket for me to spend some time with him and I did I spent 13 great days in NY before I leave NY we make plans to see each other again in a month this time we both were going to meet in Orlando. I was so excited we booked everything for our trip and when I get back home 2 weeks later that I was not feeling very well. I go to the doctor and he says to me the magic words (You are going to be a mommy) I nearly passes out. After that moment I was so confused that all I did was CRY, CRY and CRY. I did not know if I was happy all I could do was cry... I was so confused I sat and wondered if I had done my late husband wrong. I felt so bad. So after a week of holding it to myself and realizing that in 2 weeks I had to meet this guy in Orlando, I break the news to my family. They all nearly flipped. Then I call him and decide I needed to tell him, I talked and talked but could not say it till finally before we hung up the phone I got courage and said hey I am going to be a mom and he was like WHAT?!? I was like I am pregnant and he said do you want me to go see you? I said No I will see you in Orlando cause we need to talk about it and he said I will take care of you and the baby there is nothing to talk about I said we'll see and hung up. He called me everyday cause I was really sick (morning sickness) some times I could not talk to him. Finally the day comes to fly to Orlando and I was sick and nervous but the moment we see each other it felt so different. I felt like everything was different, I saw him different, I knew I had a baby in me "it was weird", I had never felt so different. well, the trip was nice except that I was sooooo sick and Disney was Disney beautiful and a lot of things were said good and bad then the moment to go home happened and it was so weird. I told him I could not be with him. he cried, I cried and goodbye was said. I got home and he called and I asked him to please give me a few days to think. I could not take my late husband out of my mind. I got sicker with my pregnancy I ended up in the hospital with dehydration, urinary track infection, I was a mess. Finally I was discharged and we maybe spoke on the phone once a week for months. During my 5th month he asked me if I would mind going to NY for a shower he wanted to throw me. I was hesitant but my mom told me not to be mean, so I said "YES" and go to NY. When he see's me again for the first time he could not believe it. I was HUGE and looked very different all he did at the airport was hug me and hold my stomach and all I could do is say 'I don't feel good". Baby shower happens and I go back home and he then asks me if he can come to the birth of his (SON) I was like okay I'll call you. When they plan my baby shower in Miami my mother tells me to invite him so I all and ask him if he would like to come and he says (OF COURSE) and I was like okay see you then. He comes 2 days before the shower meets my whole entire family for the first time (he must have felt so weird) and while he is here he asks me if he can stay till the birth of our son cause he wanted to see the doctor and just make sure he doesn't miss it and I say (yes you can stay) thank god cause 2 weeks later our son "Tristin" is born. Everything changed and as of that second. He then asked me that if I could let him stay here. That if he can live with me. I was so confused but I kept looking at my son and saying to myself I can not think stupid so I give him an ultimatum you can stay only if you let me stay home and raise our son till he is 2 and he says OK... :cheer2: Yay for me! I don't get serious with him cause in my mind I don't want to love someone and for tragedy to happen but I can not think that way everyone says. My baby turns one we all celebrate that wonderful milestone and then little to my luck my father get's sick in May and then we get the news and the word I hate he has (cancer) I wanted to kill myself and 2 months later he goes into the hospital cause he gets sick and I had my son so little I could not go all the time but that is when everything in my life changed. My sons father takes control he goes to the hospital, he prays for my dad, I find out he goes in the morning before work to the hospital to see him and one night I leave my son with my sister's mother in law and when I arrive in ICU that I walk into the room there is no one in there but my dad and him massaging my dads legs cause they were purple and he felt bad to see him that way :sad1: my heart stopped for a second and that minute I fell finally in LOVE :lovestruc I was like WOW he loves me... I went and hugged him and said that is so sweet of you and he answered "he made me feel like a son in the little time I known him" I then hugged him again. The very next day we get the news that my dad is not going to make it. I was crushed! My dad then passes away and everyone in my family is so impressed by him. He was all I needed to get through this hard time I was going through and my son just completed it! So here we are 10 years later 2 kids later and we are still together. So I come on here to hear everyone's beautiful love stories and hoping that maybe one day I can marry the man of my life, the man of my dreams, the father of my children, my best friend, my love! Everyone on here is an inspiration to me so if I cant do it, I can look and have ideas and dreams of your amazing weddings.

Someone posted earlier a post making me sound like a stalker and it made me feel uncomfortable and I am just here like everyone else to read and see amazing stories and pictures.
If I never have my Disney wedding at least I can say I saw a whole lot of beautiful brides and read a lot of amazing stories! I am the one person that does not take marriage as a joke nor life as a joke both are amazing things to have. I love to love and love to be loved! I wish every single Bride on here happiness and most of all health for her and her Groom cause when you are happy you are also healthy and when you are loved it feels so good... My children are my life and their dad just completes it!

Melodys3rdbirthdayTriptoDisney078.jpg

:sad::sad::sad: :hug: :hug:

so sorry- I am fighting back tears, what a story....so sorry for your losses but a beautiful ending to your tragic start! Thank you for sharing--:goodvibes you deserve every bit of happiness and love that comes your way!

:hug: I too am fighting back tears. :hug: MyMelody, you are always welcome here on the Weddings Board. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

wow.

you have been through soooo much in your life. what a strong woman you are!

You have a beautiful family! What a wonderful man to take care of you and your family like that.:lovestruc

Don't worry about what others say about you. I think your heart is in the right place. :) I think as we plan our weddings we get so wrapped up in the planning that sometimes we forget what it is all really about. I know I had to remind myself sometimes! Even if you don't get a Disney wedding, you still have a wonderful man and two beautiful children!

I look forward to seeing all of your planning!

Oh Vanessa,:grouphug:

My heart just breaks for you. I cried and I feel like giving you a big hug. No one had an intention to make you feel like a stalker, we all just look out for each other and there are MANY outside people who come and lurk and find out info from some brides..… I wish and hope that you and your DB marry and have a beautiful wedding. Your family is gorgeous and you are a brave women for going through so much. I wish you all the best in life

i would just like to say i think that you are a very brave lady and i hope you get your wish and marry the man in your life and you live happily for ever with each other !! xx

...Everyone on here is an inspiration to me so if I cant do it, I can look and have ideas and dreams of your amazing weddings.

Someone posted earlier a post making me sound like a stalker and it made me feel uncomfortable and I am just here like everyone else to read and see amazing stories and pictures.
If I never have my Disney wedding at least I can say I saw a whole lot of beautiful brides and read a lot of amazing stories! I am the one person that does not take marriage as a joke nor life as a joke both are amazing things to have. I love to love and love to be loved! I wish every single Bride on here happiness and most of all health for her and her Groom cause when you are happy you are also healthy and when you are loved it feels so good... My children are my life and their dad just completes it!

And that's what makes the DIS weddings Forum a wonderful one because it's to share with everyone and no-one has to be having a Disney Wedding to post, contribute or read on here.

You have gone through so so much, what a wonderful woman of strength you are and yet you still give to "strangers" on here words of encouragement on their weddings - that says a lot about a person.

Sad that you felt compelled to share your story - that must have been hard. You, your children and their father have a beautiful circle of not only life but love too - you may not have your Disney wedding (yet)jmust feel like you already have your Happily Ever After in my books - the wedding will just be the icing on the cake.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story.

:sad::sad::sad: :hug: :hug:

so sorry- I am fighting back tears, what a story....so sorry for your losses but a beautiful ending to your tragic start! Thank you for sharing--:goodvibes you deserve every bit of happiness and love that comes your way!

Didn't mean to make you sad especially this month your wonderful wedding month :flower3: just wanted to let everyone know I admire your weddings...

:hug: I too am fighting back tears. :hug: MyMelody, you are always welcome here on the Weddings Board. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

Thanks for making me feel welcomed! :love:

wow.

you have been through soooo much in your life. what a strong woman you are!

You have a beautiful family! What a wonderful man to take care of you and your family like that.:lovestruc

Don't worry about what others say about you. I think your heart is in the right place. :) I think as we plan our weddings we get so wrapped up in the planning that sometimes we forget what it is all really about. I know I had to remind myself sometimes! Even if you don't get a Disney wedding, you still have a wonderful man and two beautiful children!

I look forward to seeing all of your planning!

:angel: You are a sweetheart and thanks for always giving me advise.

Oh Vanessa,:grouphug:

My heart just breaks for you. I cried and I feel like giving you a big hug. No one had an intention to make you feel like a stalker, we all just look out for each other and there are MANY outside people who come and lurk and find out info from some brides..… I wish and hope that you and your DB marry and have a beautiful wedding. Your family is gorgeous and you are a brave women for going through so much. I wish you all the best in life

Sorry I did not have any bad intentions. I was just happy for you cause you have always been so nice to me! :goodvibes

i would just like to say i think that you are a very brave lady and i hope you get your wish and marry the man in your life and you live happily for ever with each other !! xx

Thank you!:)

And that's what makes the DIS weddings Forum a wonderful one because it's to share with everyone and no-one has to be having a Disney Wedding to post, contribute or read on here.

You have gone through so so much, what a wonderful woman of strength you are and yet you still give to "strangers" on here words of encouragement on their weddings - that says a lot about a person.

Sad that you felt compelled to share your story - that must have been hard. You, your children and their father have a beautiful circle of not only life but love too - you may not have your Disney wedding (yet)jmust feel like you already have your Happily Ever After in my books - the wedding will just be the icing on the cake.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story.

It was really heard for me to write but I wanted everyone to know that your weddings inspire others. I get very happy to hear about other moms who get married and their kids are involved. I get happy to read other wedding that have a special dedication to lost lives. All of those stories that have a happy ending with a moment of truth are remarkable... It teaches everyone else that life is great and you can share it with others. :goodvibes

Melody, Your story is definelty a tear jerker. I hope you end up with your Disney Wedding afterall.

Don't be afraid to post here now. I am sorry you were made to feel uncomfortable but I am sure it was just a misunderstanding. I don't think people would purposely make you feel bad. The girls are great here! No worries! :goodvibes :hug:

Melody, Your story is definelty a tear jerker. I hope you end up with your Disney Wedding afterall.

Sorry and thanks for your wishes!! I wish I can be a Disney bride too:goodvibes

Don't be afraid to post here now. I am sorry you were made to feel uncomfortable but I am sure it was just a misunderstanding. I don't think people would purposely make you feel bad. The girls are great here! No worries! :goodvibes :hug:

I sure do hope it was a misunderstanding cause I would never ever want anyone to think of me that way. I wish one day I can have the wedding most of you have had or most of you are having. I am just being sincere to all of you. A hug for all of you too:hug:

Sorry and thanks for your wishes!! I wish I can be a Disney bride too:goodvibes

I sure do hope it was a misunderstanding cause I would never ever want anyone to think of me that way. I wish one day I can have the wedding most of you have had or most of you are having. I am just being sincere to all of you. A hug for all of you too:hug:

We want you to post away Melody!!! I know that you are sincere and I am sure others do too :cutie:

Your story is incredible! I was in tears reading it and it has such a beautiful end to such loss in your life. I hope you get your Disney wedding but I think even if you don't you are still going to have your Happy Ever After! :hug:

Welcome!

Thank you for sharing...

The ladies on this board are wonderful people, you will get wonderful ideas for any kind of event, not just weddings!

AND lots of pixiedust:

What an inspiring story. You sound like a strong, wonderful woman. It's nice to have you here :hug:

Your story is incredible! I was in tears reading it and it has such a beautiful end to such loss in your life. I hope you get your Disney wedding but I think even if you don't you are still going to have your Happy Ever After! :hug:

Thank you for taking the time to read it. Never wanted to make anyone cry. i am blessed with a wonderful man and 2 beautiful children:lovestruc

Welcome!

Thank you for sharing...

The ladies on this board are wonderful people, you will get wonderful ideas for any kind of event, not just weddings!

Yes, there are a lot of wonderful ladies on this board :grouphug:

AND lots of pixiedust:

What an inspiring story. You sound like a strong, wonderful woman. It's nice to have you here :hug:

:hug: to you too.. thanks love being here

Thank you for sharing your story. My best friend got diagnosed with stage 4 Lymphoma/Non-Hodgkins 2 years ago. We really thought we were going to lose her, but after very aggressive chemo, she beat the odds & is luckily still with us today. That was, by far, the hardest and scariest time of my life so I can relate to what you went through with your care & mental exhaustion. I am truly sorry that your loved one did not make it & I send you my sympathies ansd good wishes. On a more positive note, it looks like you have created such a beautiful family! :)

That said, I also welcome you to this board! My DF & I are in process of saving up for our WDW dream ceremony. We are still 2 years away from our down payment/official booking. If you can dream it, you can do it though! Even if you cannot afford the WDW wedding, you might want to look into Swan/Dolphin packages-they are still pretty much on WDW property & much cheaper than the WDW one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter