Disney bound NJ brides, identify yourselves!!!!

littleladykaty

DIS Veteran
I've seen so many of you on this message board and I LOVE IT!!! I laugh at the references to Italian weddings and expectations...the story of my life!!!

I'd love to know who else out there is a Jersey bride!!!

My fiance and I are getting married on August 20th, 2006 at a vineyard in Oregon. Then we are heading to Disney World for 8 days! We are staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter Resort!

I can't WAIT!!! princess: :groom:

Close! NY'er (LONG ISLANDER) here...marrying a texan. Soory just had to post! LOL

My fiance and I now live in Virginia Beach (a year and a half), but we are both from NJ and I am half Italian and he is full..

We're getting married in NJ on November 3, 2006. Then off to Disney for 7 days at Old Key West! Can't wait!!!

Where in Jersey are you getting married? We were going to get married here, but the cost of a wedding here and the cost of a wedding in Oregon was the difference of nearly $30,000...people in Oregon have never even SEEN ice sculptures, let alone have them at weddings!

congrats!!! princess: :wizard:

littleladykaty said:
Where in Jersey are you getting married? We were going to get married here, but the cost of a wedding here and the cost of a wedding in Oregon was the difference of nearly $30,000...people in Oregon have never even SEEN ice sculptures, let alone have them at weddings!

congrats!!! princess: :wizard:

That is part of the reason I didn't want to get married in Virginia Beach because they don't gove money at weddings. When I said something about the money things they all looked at me like I had 10 heads and said we give gifts... well I don't want gifts.. thats what a bridal shower is for.. SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!! lo :banana:

I KNOW RIGHT?!!! The money thing KILLS ME!!! In Oregon everyone keeps asking my mom "Oh where are they registered?" I feel like saying "Your wallet, thanks!" Seriously, we are going to take it in the shorts b/c people don't give money at weddings over there...it sounds really crass to a lot of people, but I don't need a vase, I need cash. And you just can't ask people for that and a lot of other brides who aren't from places that give money think it's tacky as well...but seriously, Jersey brides know all about the box on the "gift" table with the little slit in the top for the *ahem* "cards"...

weddings are so expensive, it almost takes the fun out of it...almost! ;) :rolleyes2

Hi All!

Engaged and Jerseyan here! This is such a hoot!

We are still trying to decide how we're going to do this because my family is insistent on seeing me get married this time (eloped the first time). Hoping to have an intimate wedding in WDW in November for the immediate family and then a reception for the rest of the family and friends when we return to NJ.

Either way, there will be a 2 week honeymoon in WDW...Woo Hoo! :banana:

Well, glad to meet you all and look forward to hearing about your plans!!

Kryssi

Hi Kryssi!!
I LOVE the way you spell your name...I'm always looking for interesting ways to spell things!

My fiance and I wanted to get married at Disney as well, but there was just no way in the world my family would come...I've got half in Texas and half in Oregon and the Texas half does not get along with the Oregon half and putting everyone together in a resort situation would have ended in bloodshed of some sort! I'm not sure Disney would appreciate getting blood stains on their wedding pavillion floor! :rolleyes2 Sooooo...we are getting married at a vineyard in Oregon where there is lots of space for lines to be drawn and such and then we are heading to DisneyWorld for 10 days minus any bloodshed! :cool1:

where in Jersey are you? North, South East West? I'm in Northern Jersey, Morris County. princess: :wizard:

^^^Morris County?? It's definitely a small world after all, lol! I lived in Jefferson Twp for 10 years and my fiance is from Roxbury!

We now live in Newton and are house hunting over the bridge in PA.

Sorry to hear about the possible bloodshed and, no, don't think Disney would be able to accomodate the special cleaning needed for this event.

Doesn't matter...you and your ceremony will be beautiful and you'll be in WDW for the fun part...the honeymoon!

Besides, no one says you can't renew your vows there in a few years!

Kryssi
P.S. Thanks for noticing the spelling...it's really Christine but that's too boring. Changed it to this years ago for fun and it stuck.

aw21277 said:
We're getting married in NJ on November 3, 2006. Then off to Disney for 7 days at Old Key West! Can't wait!!!

How cool! We're looking to get married on November 4th! We'll be honeymooning at the same time :thumbsup2

Well I am not from NJ I am from NY (another Long Islander here) but i have a ton of family in NJ :goodvibes The truth is the wedding in Disney is winding up the same if not cheaper than here...I had to post because I know- the prices up here are CRAZY.

Isn't is just SICK?! My sweetie paid $50,000 for his first wedding(sorry if that is incredibly tacky to mention amounts...it's just for emphasis!!!)...that was 10 years ago!! That is such a sick amount of money for a marriage that didn't last as many years! Getting married in Oregon is saving us nearly $30,000...like a down payment on a HOUSE!!!

Is it the ice sculptures that are costing all the money over here? ;) We are having a cocktail hour at our wedding...normal right? Well everyone in Oregon keeps saying "What is THAT?!" like there is something wrong with us...my sisters say I'm being a snob...said with "love" of course :rolleyes: whatever, but the wedding culture here is an entity unto itself. I actually like it better...I mean on the East Coast it's just common knowledge that if your name is not on an invitation then you are NOT invited...well over there it is common practice for people to bring their kids along...I don't think they realize that you are paying ahead of time for a certain amount of guests! We just did our invitations today and put "Adult reception to follow" on the invite and on the RSVP card we put a line for "number of Adults attending"...I felt like it was tacky to do that but you have to make it clear or people show up with their five kids! (that happened to my friend last year!)

oh MY the stress!!! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: ya gotta laugh I spose...then you cry!

^^^ :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You are too funny! Don't worry about tacky (like I should talk, I have a whole thread about tacky!). Like everyone told me...you do it YOUR way because it's your day!

I agree about the prices up here. One way we're saving money is by just having a cocktail reception. Since the actual wedding is in Disney, we're not doing wedding cake and all the other stuff in NJ...it's just a cocktail party so the price is cut waaay down. It's horrible how they gouge brides on their big day.

The only people we're having at our wedding are the parents, brothers, sisters and my daughter which makes 12 people...the Jersey party, however, will have over 100.

Brad&Kryssi said:
^^^Morris County?? It's definitely a small world after all, lol! I lived in Jefferson Twp for 10 years and my fiance is from Roxbury!

We now live in Newton and are house hunting over the bridge in PA.

Sorry to hear about the possible bloodshed and, no, don't think Disney would be able to accomodate the special cleaning needed for this event.

Doesn't matter...you and your ceremony will be beautiful and you'll be in WDW for the fun part...the honeymoon!

Besides, no one says you can't renew your vows there in a few years!

Kryssi
P.S. Thanks for noticing the spelling...it's really Christine but that's too boring. Changed it to this years ago for fun and it stuck.

You have to be kidding right!!! I grew up in Mine Hill and went to Dove High School!!!!!! My dad bought a condo in Roxbury, right behind the ledgewood mall!!! I went all the way to NJ to llok for my dress and found it in this little boutique in Rockaway!! TOO FUNNY!!!

Hi Everyone!!
I just stumbled upon this site - WOW! Ive been talking to myself for months, now I have an outlet :woohoo:

We are from Bergen county - and we are getting married on November 11,2006. The wedding planner just called me today ( so excited!) We leave next thursday for our planning session.

It's all set!!!!

November 11, 2006 with a two week honeymoon at the Polynesian!!!

I'm so excited :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

HA!
What a small world!!
Kryssi! We are getting married on the same day and from the best state! :)

Where is the ceremony??

Hi There Whilykit!!! You're right...don't know how I missed that? Our wedding is as follows:

Ceremony at Wedding Pavillion
Cocktail Hour at GF Whitehall Room
Reception at one of the GF Ballrooms
Illuminations Dessert Party at Italy West Wing

How about yours? Doing the castle shoot...we are but we're doing it a few days after the wedding. We also booked Cinderella's coach.

How long are you staying for your honeymoon? Maybe we should try and meet up for a cocktail or something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter