Disney Blu-Ray Combo Pack Help!

UKAUCAUS

Earning My Ears
I am really annoyed that the merchandising department at Disney keeps releasing many of their animated classics in a combo pack. I think in theory it's a great idea but it should not be the only option that the public can purchase. I am trying to collect all 52 Animated feature films on Blu-Ray but I am frustrated that some of the these films come with their money making lame sequel and worse still when they amalgamate the two original animated classics together i.e. Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 & The Rescuers/The Rescuers Down Under. Does anyone on this board know of who I can contact at Disney about this, honestly I would purchase the following tomorrow if they had them released without the combo pack;

Fantasia
The Rescuers
The Fox and the Hound
The Rescuers Down Under
Pocahontas
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Mulan
Fantasia 2000
The Emperor's New Groove
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Lilo & Stitch
Brother Bear

:dance3:

Regards,

J

Disney isn't the only company that does this. Many studios have started doing the combo pack, probably just to have to produce one package that anybody could buy. Or like for people like me who only recently got a Blu-Ray player. When I did, I actually sold my DVD copies of the movies.
I have the Rescuers and Rescuers Down Under on Blu-Ray.

If you wait long enough, the physical copies of these movies will no longer be produced, and you'll be able to download the titles they make available.

If you want the blu-rays of the big 52, you should buy them in whatever form they manufacture them. Delaying buying the ones that are packaged with a sequel will only result in you not owning the ones you want. I think you'd find that if they gave you a choice of buying a single movie or one with a sequel, the price difference would be minimal.

If you wait long enough, the physical copies of these movies will no longer be produced, and you'll be able to download the titles they make available.

If you want the blu-rays of the big 52, you should buy them in whatever form they manufacture them. Delaying buying the ones that are packaged with a sequel will only result in you not owning the ones you want. I think you'd find that if they gave you a choice of buying a single movie or one with a sequel, the price difference would be minimal.

Thanks for the reply guys. Although I think you both may have missed the point of my original post.
I don't believe that once the Blu-Rays are deleted - that's it. Considering Disney prides themselves in re-releasing things from the vault all the time. Even Sleeping Beauty is getting another re-release on Blu-Ray late next year, also being able to download movies has been around for years but people still love to physically buy the movies. As for the comment about the cost of the movie, I wouldn’t even care if the cost was more; however, it’s got to do with owning each individual film independently as they were released from more of a collector’s aspect. They only do this in the United States and sometimes Australia the United Kingdom released them all separately.

Thanks for the response, always nice to see a Disney film buff here. I'm a bit puzzled by your reply (probably just me.)

I think Disney will continue to reissue their classics, although we live in an era where nothing ever needs to be out of print, By taking a title out of print, they are only encouraging bootlegging. Better to have an option for buyers who can d/l it at any time.

You know, I didn't see what big deal was at first but I think I get it now. It's like how I really want the Indiana Jones trilogy box set, but they don't sell it without that crappy and totally unrelated Kingdom of the Crystal Skull movie included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter