Disney at 24 weeks pregnant

lthiesfeld07

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I apologize if this topic has been already covered.

My DH and I will be in WDW 12/10-12/12. I'll be 24 weeks pregnant at the time. Saturday is my Epcot day, Sunday we are going to MVMCP and Monday is MK until ME comes and picks us up.

I know to take it easy and not try to run around the parks. This trip is just to hang out and soak up the atmosphere. I've never gone in early December before! I know to drink lots of water, etc. But does anyone have any other advice?

What about attractions? Obviously none of the mountains, but what about Soarin or Pirates? I'm dying to ride the new Soarin! I hope I am able to ride that one.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thank you!

Congratulations! :yay:

My DH and I went when I was 22 weeks and I was still able to do almost everything other than the obvious rides (mountains, test track, etc). I was fine on both Soarin and Pirates, so as long as you aren't getting any additional or unusual motion sickness from the pregnancy you'll likely be fine. I suggest being careful with Toy Story Midway Mania since the cars can really throw you around on the turns between screens. I'd never noticed how rough that was until I was pregnant. I honestly didn't feel like I was missing out on much by not riding the larger rides since there was still so much I COULD do.

Like you said, drink plenty of water and rest as much as you need to. I was surprised at how much I really did need to rest once I was there, so don't push yourself. There are lots of great spots to sit and rest your feet while soaking in the atmosphere! Be sure to use extra SPF since during pregnancy our skin can burn easier than we're used to (especially on your Epcot day since there is less shade there than some of the other parks). For me personally, I brought a tube of the Burt's Bees Mama Bee foot lotion with peppermint oil in it to use at night before bed. It helped my feet feel more refreshed after a long day in the parks! All of the photopass photographers we stopped with noticed our celebration pins and were happy to take extra photos for us. I never got around to taking maternity pictures so I enjoy having those from our trip.

Biggest tip based on my experience: I wasn't able to stand on the buses to and from the parks- it hurt my belly muscles to try and maintain my balance- so if you find that happening to you, wait for a second bus to be sure and have a seat. One of our bus drivers actually noticed I was pregnant and asked a gentleman to let me have his seat when the bus was too full. (I'm sure the man who gave up his seat wasn't thrilled about it but the driver was extremely kind, which I appreciated.)

You're going to have a great time! Congratulations again! :-)

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm happy to hear about Pirates and Soarin. I was unsure about it because of the drop... I'll have to play it by ear.

Thanks for the tip about the Burts Bees lotion. I'm definitely going to look into that.

We are only going to have 3 park days, so I should be fine.

Thanks again!

Congratulations! :yay:

My DH and I went when I was 22 weeks and I was still able to do almost everything other than the obvious rides (mountains, test track, etc). I was fine on both Soarin and Pirates, so as long as you aren't getting any additional or unusual motion sickness from the pregnancy you'll likely be fine. I suggest being careful with Toy Story Midway Mania since the cars can really throw you around on the turns between screens. I'd never noticed how rough that was until I was pregnant. I honestly didn't feel like I was missing out on much by not riding the larger rides since there was still so much I COULD do.

Like you said, drink plenty of water and rest as much as you need to. I was surprised at how much I really did need to rest once I was there, so don't push yourself. There are lots of great spots to sit and rest your feet while soaking in the atmosphere! Be sure to use extra SPF since during pregnancy our skin can burn easier than we're used to (especially on your Epcot day since there is less shade there than some of the other parks). For me personally, I brought a tube of the Burt's Bees Mama Bee foot lotion with peppermint oil in it to use at night before bed. It helped my feet feel more refreshed after a long day in the parks! All of the photopass photographers we stopped with noticed our celebration pins and were happy to take extra photos for us. I never got around to taking maternity pictures so I enjoy having those from our trip.

Biggest tip based on my experience: I wasn't able to stand on the buses to and from the parks- it hurt my belly muscles to try and maintain my balance- so if you find that happening to you, wait for a second bus to be sure and have a seat. One of our bus drivers actually noticed I was pregnant and asked a gentleman to let me have his seat when the bus was too full. (I'm sure the man who gave up his seat wasn't thrilled about it but the driver was extremely kind, which I appreciated.)

You're going to have a great time! Congratulations again! :-)

Aww, you'll have so much fun! Hubby and I went last year by ourselves when I was 20 weeks pregnant. We had booked the trip just a few weeks before I had got pregnant. We were so looking forward to finally riding the big rides together, lol....obviously didn't happen but we still had a blast! :) We went in February so it was nice weather, chilly at night. I felt great at that point so no need to really rest more, I just drank more fluids. We rode everything we could that didn't have the warning for pregnant moms. Soarin I believe is a no no....which I don't see why. You can ride Pirates. Which I loved because it was the only real thrill because of the little drop, so we actually rode it a few times, lol. The one ride I do remember is the Safari ride at AK. I didn't even bother checking it beforehand because I assumed it would be fine for pregnancy. Well, we had a FP for it I believe and got all the way up to where you load into the vehicle and there was the warning sign and pregnancy was one of them. I had been on the ride many times before and decided it'll be fine, so we still went on it. Anyway....enjoy, you'll have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter