Disney Announces New Toy Story Land for DHS

I'm guessing you answered your own question: they are building it in DHS because Disneyland rejected the flying saucers for a second time. :sad1:

I guess. It was an expensive ride, so they now have a reason to recycle the equipment... On a more positive note, I think the land is going to be nice. That's really what DHS needs right now: family friendly rides.

This is what I don't get: If Disneyland rejected the flying saucers for a second time, why are they building it in DHS? I suppose they've made some sort of new development to make it better than what Carsland had.

They aren't putting flying saucers at DHS. It is described as a "spinner" ride. The cars will just LOOK like flying saucers. It will likely be similar to the Francis Lady Bug boogie at Bug's Land.

Toy Story land is quite obviously DHS's answer to "there are no kids rides in this park." It's a kiddie land, with really great thematic elements.

Well whatever happens it'll be fun for kids and it'll be a cute area to see. I can't complain. (For once ;) )

I come back again and again to the fact that the Harry Potter expansions contain very few rides (two refits and one new one for Hogsmeade) and 1 ride and one short train journey for Diagon Alley. And no one complains about that.

If the theming is good enough the land itself becomes the attraction.

They aren't putting flying saucers at DHS. It is described as a "spinner" ride. The cars will just LOOK like flying saucers. It will likely be similar to the Francis Lady Bug boogie at Bug's Land.

Toy Story land is quite obviously DHS's answer to "there are no kids rides in this park." It's a kiddie land, with really great thematic elements.

That makes sense. The description of the ride was kind of vague, and I read some comments mentioning DL's old flying saucers ride, so that's the image I had in my mind.

I come back again and again to the fact that the Harry Potter expansions contain very few rides (two refits and one new one for Hogsmeade) and 1 ride and one short train journey for Diagon Alley. And no one complains about that.

If the theming is good enough the land itself becomes the attraction.
I agree with you (up to a point). There are also outdoor shows and that stupid wand shop thing in both lands. Plus to be fair a LOT of shops. And Butterbeer. ;)

I am mostly hoping for a well-themed area.

I agree with you (up to a point). There are also outdoor shows and that stupid wand shop thing in both lands. Plus to be fair a LOT of shops. And Butterbeer. ;)

I am mostly hoping for a well-themed area.

That "stupid wand shop" was the highlight of my kids visit. They got picked to select the wands and were so excited.

I'm assuming with 14 acres there are going to be a good number of shops and other stuff.

That "stupid wand shop" was the highlight of my kids visit. They got picked to select the wands and were so excited.

I'm assuming with 14 acres there are going to be a good number of shops and other stuff.
Oh my comment about that "stupid wand shop" has to do with the wait in line and not the actual product. The idea itself is pretty cool.

I know that there are a lot of different opinions about what DHS needs or doesn't need, but between both a new Star Wars themed land and a new Toy Story Land there should be quite a bit more for everyone to enjoy. I just hope that we don't have to wait until 2024 to enjoy them.

I don't know about everyone else but I can sit and watch the army men all day !!!

I am a little discouraged that with this family friendly Slinky Coaster (Sloaster) and the Tron one that Disney is starting to let tracks dominate sky lines.

I wonder if the coaster will be like Barnstormer or the mine train or what exactly. It'll be interesting.

From the picture this coaster seems much longer seems like it might have two climb hills. I really wonder about the speed, what qualifies as Family Friendly?

Any speculating where toy story land will go? From looking at the concept art and google maps I was wondering if it would go behind the current TSMM. Seems to be the old costuming department, maybe some other workshops and some employee parking.

I hope Angel Kitty plushies will be sold during the Christmas seasons in Hollywood Studios. Along with Angel Kitty being meetable.

I am not sure why anyone would complain about the number of rides...its a land dedicated to toy story, how many rides related to toy story would you really want? If they had 4 or 5 people would be saying it was overkill on the toy story theme

Did anyone else notice on the disneyparks blog that under avatar it said "As part of the largest expansion in the park’s history," I hope this doesn't mean that avatar + toystory land + 3rd toy story track + starwars in 2 different parks all together total 14 acres.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter