Disney+ and Roku

Disneyluvr

DIS Veteran
So I've heard you can stream Disney+ on a Roku. I don't really know too much about those so I looked on Amazon and there are several different kinds. or price points I guess. Which one is better, if at all? I would like to be able to watch on my TV and not just on the iPad.

I have the same question. We have a samsung tv so it looks like we will need to get something like a roku but i just don't know which one to get.

Depends on your desired budget and resolution. We have the cheapest one that streams in 1080p and is wireless web connection. It works just fine. Step up a level to get the 4k streaming if you have a 4k TV.

We have several Roku devices. I am hoping it updates itself to be able to do Disney+ and that I don't need to buy another Roku.

https://www.wired.com/gallery/how-to-pick-the-right-roku/
I prefer the one that supports ethernet connections for faster transfers. But that won't matter to a lot of people.

At launch, you’ll be able to stream Disney+ on these platforms and products:

• Apple TV (tvOS)
  • Android mobile devices
  • Android TV
  • Chromecast
  • Desktop web browsers
  • iPad (iPadOS)
  • iPhone (iOS)
  • PlayStation 4
  • Roku streaming players
  • Roku TV
  • Xbox One

https://www.wired.com/gallery/how-to-pick-the-right-roku/
I prefer the one that supports ethernet connections for faster transfers. But that won't matter to a lot of people.
I like the one with 4K support and a headphone jack in the remote. I use the later a lot.

I agree with both of you. The ones allowing for a wired connection are best, and the nicer remotes are better. My TV has Roku built in but it came with the cheap style remote. I am going to buy one of the Roku Voice Remotes before D+ starts though.

I’ve been reading all the comparisons and I think I’m going with the Roku Stick+ for my kids bedrooms. Mostly because it’s Alexa enabled and has a volume button.

Thank you for the responses. I have another probably silly question, but do I need a roku box or stick for every TV?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter