Disney After Hours?

Grasshopper2016

DIS Veteran
Both Boo Bash and Very Merriest seem to have been quite successful from Disney’s perspective. Many sellouts, despite eyebrow raising prices (especially for the Christmas version). Is Disney going to let the next seven months go by without any hard ticket late night offerings? It seems like, if the company can find the staffing, these events can be very profitable. And they help to spread out crowds across the day, which works to everyone’s benefit.

Obviously, going back to evening free Extra Magic Hours, or just reinstating the occasional 1:00 am closing time would be even more beneficial for guests, but those days are over. This is the era of not giving away for free anything that people will pay money for. But I’m one of the suckers who will pay money for this. Disney won’t be able to charge as much for this as Very Merriest, since regular After Hours don’t come with all of the entertainment. But they could probably inflate the old After Hours prices a good deal (as they seem to do with everything these days) and still sell a ton of tickets. And they could expand again to DHS and AK.

Any thoughts on whether (or when) this will happen? It’s not like today’s Disney to leave money on the table!

I was thinking the same thing the other day. It would be surprising if they don’t because it’s clearly a moneymaker. I love the Animal Kingdom After Hours. I would love for it to come back before our Feb trip.

I’d like to see it come back, but with enough notice so it doesn’t mess up plans I’ve already made for next month’s trip. I’d book a couple of those nights for our trip after this though!

During our parents only trip in February for my husband’s conference we absolutely would do an AH party if it were an option.

Since they are only giving deluxe guests 1 night at MK and EP each (which honestly is really not enough) they definitely must be reserving options to upsell and make more money off the other guests with holiday events over. That’s how they roll now right?!?!

Since they are only giving deluxe guests 1 night at MK and EP each (which honestly is really not enough)
That is awful. It's been less than a year since I've been to WDW, but even I can't keep up with the negative changes. I'm glad we did several trips before Covid & Chapek ruined everything. We got to enjoy real evening Extra Magic Hours, which were some of our best times at MK. Park reservations and short hours are bad enough but to add all of the other costs & limitations, thanks but no thanks. So done with Disney World.

Said this a bunch of times over the years…

Disney does not need to build a “Fifth Gate”, basically another park. They will continue to offer before hours and after hours hard ticket events. The idea being, back in 2019, I said eventually they will have 365 hard ticket events, hence a “New Park” without the infrastructure costs of building out a multi-billion dollar park.

There are two other advantages of doing these hard ticket events, from Disney’s point of view. First, the entry for these events is not included with the annual passes. So, every person in there has paid for their admission. Second, the number of these events can be scaled up and down as Disney, and demand, seems fit.

As the OP mentioned, the ones they had recently appear to have been a big hit, so I would expect to see more of these events in the future.

But that is only my opinion…

Comparing the price of these events vs. the crazy prices of Pop and it might be worth while shortening our trip by a day and taking advantage of an EMH event. Cost wise it would almost be a wash. Crazy!!
I have free money that was set aside for a character dinner (April 2020 trip) and looking at the menus with 2 grandkids who won't and can't (allergies) eat the meals, decided to skip that and would apply those funds to an EMH event. Won't cover all the cost for the 5 of us but would make a good dent in it.

I loved the one I went to and would definitely do it again. Obviously there won't be any for my trip next week, but if they brought it back for my September trip I definitely would go for AK and DHS.

Was this just announced? I am still sort of hoping for after dark events at Disney World for our Feb trip because it seems like it will be extraordinarily crowded when we are there based on ADR availability and hotel availability.

I think this one was announced a few weeks back for Disneyland. I really hope they offer this in February but it is looking slim. I don't really know why they don't it seems like a big money maker.

Does anyone remember when they were announced previously? I am planning a summer trip and would absolutely plan around after hours. The one I did at MK was one of my best part experiences ever.

Staffing still an issue? I think that they will bring back paid events as soon as they have enough workers. I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Having done a few, I’d do them instead of a regular park ticket. So much more enjoyable. The add on morning hours are also worth it. You get so much more done in a short amount of time and no crowds!

Staffing still an issue? I think that they will bring back paid events as soon as they have enough workers. I don’t see why they wouldn’t. Having done a few, I’d do them instead of a regular park ticket. So much more enjoyable. The add on morning hours are also worth it. You get so much more done in a short amount of time and no crowds!
I totally agree! It's a great time and I really wish they had it for my Feb trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter