Disney after hours vs Deluxe extended hours

I've done After Hours at each park and can say it was nice at MK, HS and AK. The only benefit (for us) at EPCOT was that we rode Guardians 6 times that day. If that is your goal, then it might be worth it. We are also now DVC and AP holders, so I'm not sure I'd pay for the After Hours again if I'm there when we would be eligible for Extended Hours. If I did not have an AP and didn't do a park that day, then it might be a good value and a nice treat in the middle of a trip.

Going to chime in about Epcot EEH for deluxe guests - we definitely found value in this perk last week as our priority was riding guardians as much as possible, while also doing frozen and remy’s. It was a busy day so after snagging our 7am LL for guardians the return times for both frozen and Remy were into the late afternoon/evening. So we snagged remy which meant by 11am when we could book our second G+ frozen was gone. The EEH extra hour allowed us to standby Frozen with a short wait and also join the 6pm queue for guardians (so 3 rides with our 7am VQ and a $LL) plus we got some pixie dust from a CM who let us re-ride right at the changeover to EEH!!!

So depending on your priorities it can be well worth it. Do note that day guests can still hop in line for a ride minutes before close, so IMO the real benefit if it is only an extra hour would be for rides that will “clear” well within that time (ie 20 min wait or less) or that you get an extra VQ like tron and guardians.

We're going in June and there is are DHS and MK AH events while we're there. We're going for our honeymoon and my birthday. In the morning, break at the resort midday and going back at night. He's not big on thrill rides so we'll ride the more tame ones together and do shows, shop, walk, etc. I thought the AH might be fun and helpful for low crowds and knock out thrill rides. Are space mountain, 7DMT, BTMR, TOT open during AH? Those are my favorites.

We're going in June and there is are DHS and MK AH events while we're there. We're going for our honeymoon and my birthday. In the morning, break at the resort midday and going back at night. He's not big on thrill rides so we'll ride the more tame ones together and do shows, shop, walk, etc. I thought the AH might be fun and helpful for low crowds and knock out thrill rides. Are space mountain, 7DMT, BTMR, TOT open during AH? Those are my favorites.
They are open (unless an unexpected downtime)! Have fun!

All of those rides should be available!

Any chance more days will be added to the new schedule? We are there 5/5-5/10 and nothing at MK.

Im going to rely on being on pacific time, so 10pm is only 7pm for me. lol
Im going to sleep in as much as possible, but I’ll naturally wake up around 7am which will be 10am already!!
I'd still say with either, there are any number of reasons why you might not feel up to attending either late night event. I tend to choose the deluxe late nights, but at least one was just terrible weather. I figure if we miss the late night, at least we got a deluxe hotel out of it.

A plus of the Epcot night is an extra chance to ride GoG. We were also able to walk on Rat.

[On my most recent visit, we attempted to ride Rat during early entry. We were held up getting into the park, then after we'd waited 20min, the ride went down. We were kinda stuck in the queue with no easy way to exit, so we waited. As we were plotting a way to exit the queue, the ride fortunately reopened, but it was still frustrating. By then it was 10am. We could have done something else had we known.]

Does Hollywood Studios ever have extended hours? The free ones, offered to Disney deluxe hotels?
Yes, I attended one, but they are rare. See my other post for why I think they are rare. They only tend to do them when MK has lots of events, like the weeks when MK has lots of Halloween/Christmas party events.

I've done After Hours at each park and can say it was nice at MK, HS and AK. The only benefit (for us) at EPCOT was that we rode Guardians 6 times that day. If that is your goal, then it might be worth it. We are also now DVC and AP holders, so I'm not sure I'd pay for the After Hours again if I'm there when we would be eligible for Extended Hours. If I did not have an AP and didn't do a park that day, then it might be a good value and a nice treat in the middle of a trip.
That is exactly what we are doing. We are getting the DVC pricing on EPCOT after hours. We want to ride Guardians, did not want to do the rest of the park during the summer heat, so hoping nighttime will help us out.

I went ahead and bought tickets for both dates during our trip (DHS/MK). I am going to skip Genie+ now/learning how to deal with it what MAY be replacing it (rumors). I'm excited that will remove some stress from the trip, as well as any waiting alone DH will have to do while I am in line for headliners. The CM I was on the phone with was giving me A LOT of information quickly and I do have it all written down, I see we can get in at 7pm, is that if we do not have/do not WANT TO USE a park ticket that day? Because I'll be using the next few months to start to map out our days and maybe we'll sleep in, skip the park until the event, and use a ticket on departure day instead. Does anyone know when June park hours drop? That information will be helpful too. Also other than ice cream bars, what do they offer during the party? Thank you friends <3

Can anyone tell me who's previously experienced the MK After Hours Event, what exactly for food and drinks do they offer? Is there any alcohol offered? More detail the better! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter