Disney After Hours Q&A and Experiences Thread

No margaritas, which is a real shame. It's pretty much just what I posted above. There is an image of the flyer they had out with the specifics you can search up.

Hi - does anyone have a good itinerary for Epcot After Hours? We're doing a very short pre-cruise stay at WDW. We're getting tickets to AH and that will be our only time at Epcot. We're planning to go right at 7 when we're allowed in so we can go around WS and eat until the AH event starts. Since Epcot is so large and spread out I wondered if anyone has a good plan of attack for the attractions. Thanks!

Hi - does anyone have a good itinerary for Epcot After Hours? We're doing a very short pre-cruise stay at WDW. We're getting tickets to AH and that will be our only time at Epcot. We're planning to go right at 7 when we're allowed in so we can go around WS and eat until the AH event starts. Since Epcot is so large and spread out I wondered if anyone has a good plan of attack for the attractions. Thanks!
Depends what you want to accomplish. What’s open:
I would start with Gran Fiesta Tour, go to Frozen Ever After, then Ratatouille, Soarin’, Living with Land, The Seas, Spaceship Earth, Guardians, Mission: SPACE, and Test Track. If you have time, go back to whatever you want to redo.

Any field reports from DHS AH last night? I believe it was the first sell out this year, so experience may have been different than the earlier dates. Waits looked good on Thrill Data at 9:30, but SDD went down at some point and waits for SDD and ROR looked long near the end of the night. We’re going during Spring Break (3/13) so last night’s crowds might be similar. TIY!

We were there! We had a really good time and our timing was lucky for line waits.
We did Rise first, jumped in line at 9:25. On the ride in under 15 min. Had no interest in the Falcon, so headed to Toy Story Land. Slinky was posted at 50 min at that point so had ice cream and grabbed popcorn, did Midway Mania. Walked over to Tower while munching popcorn. Tower was walk on, could have repeat rode but chose not to. Slinky went down at this point. Headed back for Mickey and Minnie, met Stitch on the way. Mickey and Minnie was a walk on. Tours was a walk on, we skipped it. Went back to Toy Story area, Slinky was still down. Re-rode Mania and Slinky was running as we exited Mania so walked on to that. Had more ice cream and popcorn after that. 100% had time to easily jump on another big hitter at that point, it was about 12:20. We chose to wander slowly through Galaxy’s Edge and take some pictures then head home.

Our group had fun And we think it was worth it but it’s not the same experience as say Magic Kingdom After Hours without a sell out lol.

Sorry I am trying to find this answer about the skyliner. Does the skyline stay open past the closing of After hours at EPCOT?

We just did after hours at DHS. Some rides were walk on, some had long waits. We didn’t stay for the whole event, but it seemed as it got later, the wait times went down. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited:
Just also remember, mostly every after hour event I have been to, if something says the wait is 20-40 mins etc, it usually isn't. Mine train was like 35 min wait posted and it was 3 min wait. I think the only ride I would think will actually have a wait is Galaxy, since there is just less to do at Epcot. Use the stop watch on your phone. You would be amazed at how long you actually think you are waiting in line compared to it. I swear once I thought its been 40 mins, and it was 18 and I was on lol

Sorry if this has been specifically addressed already, but here's my question: what happens in the "in between" hour?

This is for MK which has a regular closing time of 9, and an AH start time of 10:

7:00-9:00 AH participants allowed in.
9:00-10:00 ?? - rides available for AH participants, but no snacks or drinks? None of the above? All of the above?
10:00 event officially starts, so everything, snacks, drinks, rides are going at that point. I guess.

Thanks.

Sorry if this has been specifically addressed already, but here's my question: what happens in the "in between" hour?

This is for MK which has a regular closing time of 9, and an AH start time of 10:

9:00-10:00 ?? - rides available for AH participants, but no snacks or drinks? None of the above? All of the above?
10:00 event officially starts, so everything, snacks, drinks, rides are going at that point. I guess.
I have been wondering the same thing.

We got there around 7:00pm. The line was long to get it (DHS), but it moved fast. We had dinner reservations, and while we wait for our table, we were able to see The Muppets in 3D. We noticed when we finished dinner, it was closed.

We went on Wednesday night (my wife and me) and we had a MUCH better time this February than last February! Last February did not have the “gap” 1/2 hour and it added to a lot of regular park guests still in the park, but park closing at 9:00 and event at 9:30
It made a HUGE difference. We did all the rides (except for Slinky which was down when we went by). We arrived at 6:50 and they let us in. We went to Fantasmic and then to Mama Melrose for dinner at 8:45. We finished dinner and started the event right at 9:30. All and all, a great time, and really cool character interactions (Stitch, Max, Pinocchio) and many more treat carts around. Had a great time and highly recommend!

Last edited:
We went on Wednesday night (my wife and me) and we had a MUCH better time this February than last February! Last February did not have the “gap” 1/2 hour and it added to a lot of regular park guests still in the park, but park closing at 9:00 and event at 9:30
It made a HUGE difference. We did all the rides (except for Slinky which was down when we went by). We arrived at 6:50 and they let us in. We went to Fantasmic and then to Mama Meltose for dinner at 8:45. We finished dinner and started the event right at 9:30. All and all, a great time, and really cool character interactions (Stitch, Max, Pinocchio) and many more treat carts around. Had a great time and highly recommend!

We ate there too and really enjoyed our dinner and drinks!

We were there! We had a really good time and our timing was lucky for line waits.
We did Rise first, jumped in line at 9:25. On the ride in under 15 min. Had no interest in the Falcon, so headed to Toy Story Land. Slinky was posted at 50 min at that point so had ice cream and grabbed popcorn, did Midway Mania. Walked over to Tower while munching popcorn. Tower was walk on, could have repeat rode but chose not to. Slinky went down at this point. Headed back for Mickey and Minnie, met Stitch on the way. Mickey and Minnie was a walk on. Tours was a walk on, we skipped it. Went back to Toy Story area, Slinky was still down. Re-rode Mania and Slinky was running as we exited Mania so walked on to that. Had more ice cream and popcorn after that. 100% had time to easily jump on another big hitter at that point, it was about 12:20. We chose to wander slowly through Galaxy’s Edge and take some pictures then head home.

Our group had fun And we think it was worth it but it’s not the same experience as say Magic Kingdom After Hours without a sell out lol.
Do you know if Duffy was out meeting guests?

When we did Epcot last year and there was a gap, they let people on right away (including GoTG). Had we known, we would’ve headed that way to start.
Do you mean they let people on right away during the "gap" hour? That is what I am guessing, because why close the rides for an hour? But I want to make sure. Also, what about snacks and drinks?

Thanks.
Usually in the gap time you can enter ride lines by showing your wristband. Snacks and drinks start when the event officially starts.

Thanks.
Not sure when you are going, but it is very likely they will extend regular hours until 10p, effectively removing any gap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter