Disney After Hours Q&A and Experiences Thread

We are going to be in Disney from mid-August until 8/30 (we leave on 8/31).

We just got our tickets for the HS AH event on 8/29. (we are staying at a deluxe resort so we were able to purchase them last week)

My question is about the other AH events at MK and EC.

Since they have HS already set while we are there, is there any possibility of MK or EC during the same time frame that we are there?

We did AH at MK when we were there in 2018, and we'd love to do it again, but we'd really like to do the AH at EC.

What do you think the chances are that we'd be lucky enough to attend one at EC during this time, or MK again at this time. I wasn't sure on how many nights during a month they have them at each park.

And I thought I read somewhere about them having an AH at AK? (But I could never find any info on that....) Does anyone know if this is true?

Park Hours on WDW website says HS has a special ticketed event on 2/4/24. It does not show up on the After Hours page and nothing shows when you click "events" on the park hours page. Anyone know what this special ticketed event is??

Park Hours on WDW website says HS has a special ticketed event on 2/4/24. It does not show up on the After Hours page and nothing shows when you click "events" on the park hours page. Anyone know what this special ticketed event is??
It might be the after hours event for dance/cheer competition that is being held during that time.

Anyone ever done an After Hours event solo? I’ll be in WDW soon with family, but none of them were interested in going after hours. I’d like to attend one, but I’m worried I won’t have as much fun without the usual entertainments and people around as during regular hours.

Anyone ever done an After Hours event solo? I’ll be in WDW soon with family, but none of them were interested in going after hours. I’d like to attend one, but I’m worried I won’t have as much fun without the usual entertainments and people around as during regular hours.
I have done a MK and a HS After Hours Event by myself and I loved it!

I did one solo too. If you like rides, it’s great! You’ll be too busy trying to move from one ride to another to get bored.

I've done a couple of After Hours solo before (MK and AK). I thought it was fun, but it probably depends on whether you enjoy the parks solo in the first place. In other words, I didn't find much difference in After Hours solo versus daytime solo.

That said, I didn't enjoy MNSSHP solo as much as I did with my family. There's something about a Christmas holiday party that makes me want to be with my loved ones. But the regular MK After Hours was great, and I plan to do it again this year.

One of my favorite Disney World pictures is my PhotoPass shot riding Dinosaur with nobody else in the car.

I went to AK AH solo, and I thought it was great. Nothing wrong with spending time with others, but it was nice getting to do exactly what I wanted to do, whenever I wanted to do it. Rode lots of rides that night... If memory serves I rode Flight of Passage 3 times, Navi River Journey once, Dinosaur twice, and Expedition Everest a bunch of times (more than 5). I also met Mickey and Minnie beforehand. Not a bad night.

Haven't read the entire thread so don't know if this has been asked yet. Are these physical tickets only or can they be purchased as e-tickets to link to MDE? I don't want to waste time picking them up if I can avoid it.

Haven't read the entire thread so don't know if this has been asked yet. Are these physical tickets only or can they be purchased as e-tickets to link to MDE? I don't want to waste time picking them up if I can avoid it.

Yes, you get a “reservation number” similar to a resort reservation number. Link that under tickets & they’ll be in your MDE. No need to stop anywhere to use them.

Yes, you get a “reservation number” similar to a resort reservation number. Link that under tickets & they’ll be in your MDE. No need to stop anywhere to use them.
But, all guests must obtain a wristband in order to participate in the event. This will happen when you enter the event with your event ticket or, at select locations within the park if you are already in the park.

Have done AH at MK solo and with DH. Planning to buy tickets for April 29 when they are released on Wednesday (we are offsite this trip). It will replace a day at MK for us. I really enjoy late nights at the parks.

What is this?
is it worth it?

I was a huge fan of EMM? but they dont offer this any longer.

Is it very busy etc? ROI lol!

TY in advance Aaron

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter