Disney After Hours Q&A and Experiences Thread

Disappointed that there are really only a few dates offered in May…only MK date is the day we are leaving. We are going to the Epcot After Hours on 2/2 just hoping it’s worth the $ and we don’t freeze🤞

Disappointed that there are really only a few dates offered in May…only MK date is the day we are leaving. We are going to the Epcot After Hours on 2/2 just hoping it’s worth the $ and we don’t freeze🤞
I went to 2 AH shortly before the COVID shutdowns, and they were both chilly (somewhere in the 40's). I had a great time at both. My opinion is layer up, and make the most of it. Nobody wants the cold, but you might experience thinner crowds because of it.

I don't know if EPCOT AH is worth it as I've never been to one. My biggest concern would be spacing. Guardians isn't far from Test Track, but you have to walk quite a ways to get to Soarin', Frozen, or Ratatouille. Unless you're just lining up repeatedly for Guardians, I think you're going to spend most of the AH walking.

I will be in Disney the first week of July and I was so excited to hear they added more dates for after hours… but there aren’t any available that week! Bummer. Could it be because it’s a holiday week and park hours will already be longer than normal? I went to a MK AH event in July 2018 and it was awesome! We did so many rides and ate way too many ice creams for one night haha

Do they ever add more dates? Like is there a chance they will add more dates in May? Disappointed to see that only Epcot is offered during our dates of May 3-11. I was hoping to do MK and HS.

Going about the middle of July - I am planning on doing the AH at both HS and Epcot. Just trying to beat the heat. Any idea of when they might announce if they plan on H2O Glow Nites at Typhoon Lagoon?

I will be in Disney the first week of July and I was so excited to hear they added more dates for after hours… but there aren’t any available that week! Bummer. Could it be because it’s a holiday week and park hours will already be longer than normal? I went to a MK AH event in July 2018 and it was awesome! We did so many rides and ate way too many ice creams for one night haha
According to the website, tickets have only been announced through June 27th. You will need to wait for additional dates to be announced later.
IMG_5884.jpeg

I am traveling in the middle of July so I know that it will be hot. I was thinking about doing AH for the Studios and the doing AH for Epcot the next day. Basically to get out of the heat of the day. Getting back to the resort late after the Studios, planning to sleep in the morning of Epcot day - getting there in the afternoon. Do you think that it would be worth doing the AH for Epcot after AH for the Studios? I don't mind getting Genie+ for Epcot to book some rides for the mid afternoon and into the evening after dinner. Do you think that I will be able to ride the stuff in Future World in the afternoon without a long wait (I could get Genie+ and get LL for Test track and try for Remy, pay for GoG) if we didn't do the AH?

Some posters said that you would spend all the time walking to get to rides during AH which could be correct. Or do you think that adding AH is worth it, if this was going to be your only Epcot day?

I went to go look at buying AH tickets and unless I'm missing something it only has them through April.

I went to go look at buying AH tickets and unless I'm missing something it only has them through April.

As noted a few posts ago, the new dates were announced earlier this week. On the after hours page, click on each park, then more information under dates to see the new dates. Tickets go on sale January 24th for resort guests, 31st for all others.

Some posters said that you would spend all the time walking to get to rides during AH which could be correct. Or do you think that adding AH is worth it, if this was going to be your only Epcot day?

We went week of 4th of July. We were staying at Boardwalk, so we started at the front of the park & worked our way back to Remy, so we were close to the IG when we were done. We didn’t do Guardians, so I don’t know what that line was like. We did Spaceship Rarth just before the event started. Husband went on Test Track & had about 15 - 20 minute wait. Soarin, Living with the Land, Imagination & Mexico ride were walk ons. Frozen was 20-25 minute wait. From there we went to Remy which was a walk on. We were off Remy & headed to the IG about 15 minutes before the event ended. We only stopped for popcorn & drinks once. We’re APs & usually do only a few hours in the parks a day. This got us all the rides we normally do with much shorter waits than we have during the day. I thought it was worth it, but we generally love AH events anyway.

It's a lot of clicking to find those after hour dates but I found them!! We're resort guests so I'll be ordering on the 24th. Do we HAVE to call or will they be available online too?

It's a lot of clicking to find those after hour dates but I found them!! We're resort guests so I'll be ordering on the 24th. Do we HAVE to call or will they be available online too?

I bought my resort guest early access tickets for late January online. So hopefully that will work this time too.

Just called and got ours for April 22nd!

Question - I linked them in MDE but I can't see them anywhere. Is this normal? Should I see them under our tickets?

Last edited:
Same here, but where does it show in MDE after you link them to guests? I don't see them in the app either or do they just tag onto our APs?
We must have been typing at the same time. I just added that to my post above. I am not seeing them either.

When i called I was told they can 24 hrs to appear in our accounts. And for the first time EVER, I did not have to wait on hold!!! And i didn't call at Open. :)

When i called I was told they can 24 hrs to appear in our accounts. And for the first time EVER, I did not have to wait on hold!!! And i didn't call at Open. :)
I guess we'll wait and see then. The CM I spoke to said the confirmation email could take 24 hours but I got that while we were still on the phone. We've never purchased special event tickets before so this is all new to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter