**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

For those who have been to an 8-11 event, I guess you just skip the fireworks? This will make it hard for us to see the fireworks at the MK and F! during our trip.

I'm struggling as we will likely have a choice between an 8-11 event and a 9-12 event. The 9 pm one would let us see the fireworks and have extra time in the park (we won't enter before DAH allows entry). But I'm not 100% sure if the kids, who will be 6 and 9, will be able to be awake until 12 am, and then get back to the hotel.

For those who have been to an 8-11 event, I guess you just skip the fireworks? This will make it hard for us to see the fireworks at the MK and F! during our trip.

I'm struggling as we will likely have a choice between an 8-11 event and a 9-12 event. The 9 pm one would let us see the fireworks and have extra time in the park (we won't enter before DAH allows entry). But I'm not 100% sure if the kids, who will be 6 and 9, will be able to be awake until 12 am, and then get back to the hotel.
This event always starts after park close. Fireworks may go at closing however so if you want to see them you would only lose the first few minutes of the event. For a 9-11 event fireworks may very well be at 9. If this is the case for your event, you may want to compromise and watch the fireworks from somewhere other than the hub. Just stop what you are doing for a few minutes and watch, then move on.

Ours was 9-12, but I have to say how awesome it was to watch the fireworks near the Big Top Souvenirs/Dumbo in Fantasyland. Yes, you miss the castle projections but the views are still amazing and having a place to sit and enjoy them + not dealing with the absolute insanity of Main St. is worth more IMO than seeing the castle projections. We also found Fantasyland to be very low-crowds at that time, so you should be able to knock out some AH rides right away after the fireworks.

When we went to AH this past Monday, my DH and I got on the PeopleMover right at 8. It was pretty cool to watch the fireworks while riding the PeopleMover! And we were in a great location to jump on the other Tomorrowland attractions we wanted to ride while avoiding the crowds of the Hub and Main Street.

When we went to AH this past Monday, my DH and I got on the PeopleMover right at 8. It was pretty cool to watch the fireworks while riding the PeopleMover! And we were in a great location to jump on the other Tomorrowland attractions we wanted to ride while avoiding the crowds of the Hub and Main Street.

This will be our only chance to see the evening show on our trip so I'll have to see what the kids think. But I like the idea of skipping the projections and watching the fireworks from somewhere less crowded.

Otherwise, I guess we will watch them in front of the castle and fight out way back into the park after. If they are over around 820 I'd hope to make it to a ride before 845 so we can jump on it before the event.

Lots of time to figure this out, but once we start planning a Disney trip I get obsessed!

This will be our only chance to see the evening show on our trip so I'll have to see what the kids think. But I like the idea of skipping the projections and watching the fireworks from somewhere less crowded.

Otherwise, I guess we will watch them in front of the castle and fight out way back into the park after. If they are over around 820 I'd hope to make it to a ride before 845 so we can jump on it before the event.

Lots of time to figure this out, but once we start planning a Disney trip I get obsessed!

If it's important for you to watch the fireworks then watch them. Fighting the crowds to head to rides looks impossible at first, but it clears out quickly as most people start leaving the park.

When we went Monday when the event was 8 - 11 we got in early at 6, used some fastpasses, then watched the fireworks at 8 and then went on rides.

If it's important for you to watch the fireworks then watch them. Fighting the crowds to head to rides looks impossible at first, but it clears out quickly as most people start leaving the park.

When we went Monday when the event was 8 - 11 we got in early at 6, used some fastpasses, then watched the fireworks at 8 and then went on rides.

What time did you get back on the rides? Did you still get a lot done?

I'm worried we wouldn't get let in until 7 and then only manage 1 or 2 rides by 8, and with taking time out for fireworks, we wouldn't be able to hit tons of rides. We only have one other day at MK.

What time did you get back on the rides? Did you still get a lot done?

I'm worried we wouldn't get let in until 7 and then only manage 1 or 2 rides by 8, and with taking time out for fireworks, we wouldn't be able to hit tons of rides. We only have one other day at MK.

With being let in at 6 I did Mine Train, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Space Mountain before the fireworks with FPs. I wasn't planning on doing Space Mountain before the fireworks so that was a bonus. After the fireworks we stood still for two or three minutes to let the crowd move out of the way, hit up the free popcorn and soda, and made our way to Tomorrowland. I'm not sure how long it was between the end of the fireworks and getting on the next ride, but even with getting the popcorn I'd guess it was less than 15 minutes. During the event I did peoplemover x2, Buzz Lightyear, Barnstormer x2, Pooh, Peter Pan, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and Splash Mountain. Probably would have done Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion instead of the last two if they were running.

I have a ticket for AH for 3/23. My reason for this trip to DW is a conference/training I have to attend for work at CSR that week. I have already purchased my ticket. I am on pins and needles praying my trip does not get canceled because of “the virus”. If it sadly does, do you think I will be able to get refunded my money? Has anyone ever had to cancel? I believe the tickets said non-refundable. I am so looking forward to this solo trip, we were just there as a family in September, but DH is not very into crowds and early mornings so I felt the trip was spent making sure he was ok with everything and we missed so much! Guess we shall see what happens but wanted to be prepared in the event it does get canceled. ,

I have a ticket for AH for 3/23. My reason for this trip to DW is a conference/training I have to attend for work at CSR that week. I have already purchased my ticket. I am on pins and needles praying my trip does not get canceled because of “the virus”. If it sadly does, do you think I will be able to get refunded my money? Has anyone ever had to cancel? I believe the tickets said non-refundable. I am so looking forward to this solo trip, we were just there as a family in September, but DH is not very into crowds and early mornings so I felt the trip was spent making sure he was ok with everything and we missed so much! Guess we shall see what happens but wanted to be prepared in the event it does get canceled. ,

Funny enough I was just coming in here to post my experience with cancelling just that party. My mom is 69 - she was joining us on this trip to celebrate her 70th. Given the new CDC guidance on those 60+ to stay home as much as possible and socially distance themselves, we pulled the plug on her trip. I'm still going with my 7yo (as of now). I called Disney last night and they were very understanding about cancelling the DAH for her. Should take a few days to refund to my card. I expect they will be similarly understanding if your trip is cancelled. I work for a major financial company and they issued a no domestic business travel notice yesterday.

Had a great After Hours tonight! Wasn't sure what to expect since touring plans showed MK as a 10 for crowds tonight. We arrived just before 9pm for 10pm event start. Walked on Winnie the Pooh. Little mermaid Dumbo and barnstormer. As soon as event officially started we headed to adventure land. Jungle cruise pirates big thunder (twice) all walk on. Headed to Haunted house then Fantasyland. Only wait all night was 15 min for 7ndwarf. DS skipped space mountain which has a 35inute posted wait. Really enjoyed entire evening.

Had a great After Hours tonight! Wasn't sure what to expect since touring plans showed MK as a 10 for crowds tonight. We arrived just before 9pm for 10pm event start. Walked on Winnie the Pooh. Little mermaid Dumbo and barnstormer. As soon as event officially started we headed to adventure land. Jungle cruise pirates big thunder (twice) all walk on. Headed to Haunted house then Fantasyland. Only wait all night was 15 min for 7ndwarf. DS skipped space mountain which has a 35inute posted wait. Really enjoyed entire evening.
Were you in any of the other parks during the day? Wondering if you actually "felt" the crowd levels being a 10. I saw that wait times for the headliners were pretty high during the day (the usual suspects: FOP, SDMT, MMRR, etc.) but nothing crazy.

We chose not to sit and actively watch the fireworks, but were in Tomorrowland when they started so we could see them. We then rode the Speedway and had a great view of them. I said to my hubby that it felt like we were on "The Bachelor" because we were the only people on the ride and there were fireworks going off!

Were you in any of the other parks during the day? Wondering if you actually "felt" the crowd levels being a 10. I saw that wait times for the headliners were pretty high during the day (the usual suspects: FOP, SDMT, MMRR, etc.) but nothing crazy.
We'll be there tomorrow so I will report back. We're doing Villains and AK back to back ! According to Touringplans, our days went from a 6 -8 to a 10!! I'm a bit doubtful because some dining options became available to us and the Yacht club, where we're staying, was completely booked (or at least showed no availability) and all of a sudden all three room types and Club level standard are available..

We'll be there tomorrow so I will report back. We're doing Villains and AK back to back ! According to Touringplans, our days went from a 6 -8 to a 10!! I'm a bit doubtful because some dining options became available to us and the Yacht club, where we're staying, was completely booked (or at least showed no availability) and all of a sudden all three room types and Club level standard are available..
Yes, please do! While I don't think that there are massive cancellations due to COVID-19 quite yet, there may be a few cancellations here and there that open up a few reservations. But I don't expect it to have a noticeable difference on the crowds (yet, at least). But will be curious as to how you think the day crowds are versus the AH event crowds. Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter