**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

My annual pass expires on 1/24/20. Will not be renewing. I'd like to attend After Hours on 4/5/20. Can I buy the After Hours ticket at the AP discounted price before my Annual Pass expires, then use it after my Annual Pass expires. Would there be any problem with this?

No problems. You have a valid AP when you buy, so you will get the discounted price no matter what date you are purchasing.

I am going to buy tickets to the MK AH event for one of the two nights available during our trip but am wondering about start times and if there is a significant benefit of the one night over the other. Option one is Feb 24th - park close at 8pm, party starts at 9pm. Option two is March 2nd - park closes at 8pm, party starts at 8pm. I realize that for the second option day guests could get in line 1 min before park closing so there could be some residual wait times associated with that. But for the other option, what happens between 8pm and 9pm? Fireworks then are the rides closed until 9pm then re-open? I'm leaning towards March 2nd mainly because of the earlier hours and also because the second half of our group (my BIL/nieces) arrive on the 24th and should arrive by 5ish so had planned to spend the evening with them.

But for the other option, what happens between 8pm and 9pm? Fireworks then are the rides closed until 9pm then re-open?
More than likely closing time will change to 9pm. The rides do not close. Entry time for both nights using a DAH ticket is 7pm (possibly a little before). The only difference between an 8pm over a 9pm start is one more hour in the park with the 9pm start.

More than likely closing time will change to 9pm. The rides do not close. Entry time for both nights using a DAH ticket is 7pm (possibly a little before). The only difference between an 8pm over a 9pm start is one more hour in the park with the 9pm start.

Thank you! That helps a lot. I wondered if there was a chance of the park hours changing. I'm not too worried about the extra hour - if we really want to go earlier we have more than enough days on our park passes to use one even if it is only for a couple hours. But likely will just relax that day and go for 7pm.

How quickly do tickets to these events sell out? How many tickets do they typically sell?

How quickly do tickets to these events sell out? How many tickets do they typically sell?

The charts on Page 1 (Post 3 & 11) have sell out data, where applicable. Most events have not sold out, but those that have are usually closer to the date in question or day of.

The ticket count is unknown. Some people have guesses, but nothing is known with any reliability.

OK, thanks for directing me! Looks like they don't sell out very frequently. I guess I have time if I'm thinking about it for April!

OK, thanks for directing me! Looks like they don't sell out very frequently. I guess I have time if I'm thinking about it for April!

I would just be a little careful if your dates are around Easter. This is the first year that DAH events carry on through the full Easter break period - and that being a higher crowd time could increase the likelihood dates could sell out.

I will be going to Disney World later this month and currently have tickets for January 20th. We were planning on spending the entire day in Magic Kingdom, however all of the ROTR chaos has made us think of adding a day at HS to try and ensure we get to ride it. If we go to HS in the morning, would we need park hoppers for the After Hours, or because it is a separate ticketed event would we be fine without Park Hoppers and just entering MK at 7 with the AH tickets? Thanks for the help.

I will be going to Disney World later this month and currently have tickets for January 20th. We were planning on spending the entire day in Magic Kingdom, however all of the ROTR chaos has made us think of adding a day at HS to try and ensure we get to ride it. If we go to HS in the morning, would we need park hoppers for the After Hours, or because it is a separate ticketed event would we be fine without Park Hoppers and just entering MK at 7 with the AH tickets? Thanks for the help.

You won’t need park hoppers for the AH event, just your AH tickets. 👍

That has the makings of a long day, but I assume you know that! Haha!

You won’t need park hoppers for the AH event, just your AF tickets. 👍

That has the makings of a long day, but I assume you know that! Haha!

Thanks! We would definitely need to plan a nap into the afternoon. Hopefully Disney is able to get all the kinks worked out before our trip, but just wanted to keep our options open!

Thanks! We would definitely need to plan a nap into the afternoon. Hopefully Disney is able to get all the kinks worked out before our trip, but just wanted to keep our options open!
Seems from all the chatter like RotR's reliability has been improving. I've got a full day planned in DHS, but I'm considering doing DHS rope drop on one or both of my AH days to get in extra rides. The potential snag is really whether you get an early enough boarding group to be able to ride, leave, nap, and get to the AH park, but it's looking like odds are decent if you're in the park right when they open boarding group reservations (or maybe I'm just being optimistic). If you're not entering MK until the AH ticket gets you in, I think that works in your favor since you don't need to be there until 7:00--should be plenty of time for a nap.

Is it just wait and see if they offer regular AH this summer? I notice villains is listed with dates but not MK or AK AH events.

If a party starts at 10 is it still a 7pm entry?

Is it just wait and see if they offer regular AH this summer? I notice villains is listed with dates but not MK or AK AH events.

If a party starts at 10 is it still a 7pm entry?

Yes, it’s wait and see if they offer DAH this summer. History suggests “probably”, but hard to say.

And yes, as @AntJulie noted, DAH tickets allow for 7pm park entry regardless of the actual event time later that evening.

Well, I had been waffling about it, but finally decided to go for it for President's Day. All the positive reviews here tipped the scales for me, so thank you to everyone who's posted a review- I promise to post a review after we get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter