**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

When we went to AH in September, at BTMRR we were told if no one was waiting for our row, we could stay on. I did see people get off then into another unoccupied row and did it myself once. Nobody said anything. I heard someone ask if they could do that, though, and they were told no.

When we went to AH in September, at BTMRR we were told if no one was waiting for our row, we could stay on. I did see people get off then into another unoccupied row and did it myself once. Nobody said anything. I heard someone ask if they could do that, though, and they were told no.
Ask for forgiveness not permission!

We were allowed to stay on Dumbo and Buzz for multiple rides without exiting. We could have stayed on the carousel, Winnie the Pooh and Little Mermaid but chose not to.

Does anybody have any idea why DAH is not bookable online anymore? Even dates are not listed... It is probably me being paranoid but I remember very well how EMM for some dates first became impossible to book and later cancelled...
Thanks!

Does anybody have any idea why DAH is not bookable online anymore? Even dates are not listed... It is probably me being paranoid but I remember very well how EMM for some dates first became impossible to book and later cancelled...
Thanks!

I was just able to purchase tickets for February online...

Thanks. Strange. May be because I am in the UK and the site works differently. It tells me that I should call to book. I booked online long time ago so just was curious what is going on.

Thanks. Strange. May be because I am in the UK and the site works differently. It tells me that I should call to book. I booked online long time ago so just was curious what is going on.

It changed for me too (also UK), it used to work fine maybe a month or two ago - but it still works on the app! I oddly bought my AK AH ticket on my laptop and MK on My Disney Experience.

Yep. Works perfectly on the app. It’s a mystery! Probably somebody in the Disney IT department does not want Brits to attend DAH! Can not think about any other logical explanation!

Any opinions on park/ rest days around an AH event? We don’t have enough days on our trip to skip the parks both the day of and the day after. We’re thinking maybe sleep in and relax on the AH day and then maybe do EPCOT the next day, but skipping rope drop. Can anyone speak from experience?

We did not do rest days- we'd be bored (myself & DS7)! On the day of DAH, we went to epcot from 9-3, then back to our hotel for a rest, then to MK from 7-1. The next day I made sure we'd be able to sleep in, which we did until 9. Then we went to AK for the day.

We did not do rest days- we'd be bored (myself & DS7)! On the day of DAH, we went to epcot from 9-3, then back to our hotel for a rest, then to MK from 7-1. The next day I made sure we'd be able to sleep in, which we did until 9. Then we went to AK for the day.
This is us too. Rest days aren’t really a thing for me and DD9. We were just there a week ago and did animal kingdom after hours followed by a Christmas party the next day. We slept in the day after the after hours leading into the Christmas party. Went to Disney spring or a park the morning of both, went back to the hotel around 1 to swim and relax before the parties. To the OP of the original question every family and kid is different. Most parents would call what I described above as a nightmare for their family but it worked great for us.

Any opinions on park/ rest days around an AH event? We don’t have enough days on our trip to skip the parks both the day of and the day after. We’re thinking maybe sleep in and relax on the AH day and then maybe do EPCOT the next day, but skipping rope drop. Can anyone speak from experience?
Completely depends on your travel party and what kind of vacation you're looking for. My son gets overwhelmed easily so we usually skip a park the morning/afternoon of an AH event. We grab some food, maybe check out Disney Springs depending on mood, swim, and relax. That way he'll be able to make it through the AH event. We usually hit a park the next day but make sure there's some time to sleep in a bit.

About to take the plunge and buy our MK AH tickets! This is something I didn't even know existed until I joined DIS message boards (love it here!). I'm a little nervous because our AH night is couched in between two park days at HS. Reading what others have said recently, it looks doable. But we'll need lots of rest after the trip. ;} Just one question, because it's not clear on the DW site..is it possible to cancel the tickets and get a refund? Figure it would be nice to have that option just in case we change our minds.

About to take the plunge and buy our MK AH tickets! This is something I didn't even know existed until I joined DIS message boards (love it here!). I'm a little nervous because our AH night is couched in between two park days at HS. Reading what others have said recently, it looks doable. But we'll need lots of rest after the trip. ;} Just one question, because it's not clear on the DW site..is it possible to cancel the tickets and get a refund? Figure it would be nice to have that option just in case we change our minds.
Tickets are non-refundable, although exceptions have been made in certain situations.

Just one question, because it's not clear on the DW site..is it possible to cancel the tickets and get a refund? Figure it would be nice to have that option just in case we change our minds.
I was able to get a refund day of for someone who couldn’t make it, but it was refunded to a gift card. I went to Guest Relations at MK to do it.

Can you buy the tickets the day of the event? Want to go January 13th but moving my DD into her DCP housing that day, so I wont know until later in day if we will have time to go.

Can you buy the tickets the day of the event? Want to go January 13th but moving my DD into her DCP housing that day, so I wont know until later in day if we will have time to go.

Yes you can, but the price will be higher. I can't recall how high exactly, but it's probably on page 1 of this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter