• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I think there are a lot of blogger types making it seem more full than it might normally be. I would be more curious about how it looks in future dates.
The first night isn’t always a good indicator since so many bloggers go. I guess we’ll see how the next one goes

Ok so far at Villians :

Stage show was awesome and worth the ticket
Seems a bit crowded for a DAH event
Space Mountain lines are long but pitch black Space Mountain is AWESOME!!!
Food seems fine.
Merchandise seems a bit lackluster but I’m not a merch guy
Pirates overlay similar to Halloween

So I did the MK DAH the first week of May and now leaving tonight’s villains event. Tonight’s sold out event definitely felt more crowded than the early May one that wasn’t sold out. For sure double, if not triple the crowds. There were times DH and I had whole sections of walkways to ourselves during the May event.

Tonight was still no where near the crowd level of a Halloween or Christmas party though. It was still enjoyable, but there were a ton of bloggers/vloggers. In fact, I noticed very few families. Sort of disappointed in how long it took to clear the park at the start of the party, but there were TONS of CMs directing day guests around the outskirts of Main Street since the villains overlay on the castle started pretty much right at 10 pm. The event seemed well organized and the CMs did a great job checking wristbands.

I’m probably in the minority, but I liked DAH without the overlay much better. There was loud music and strobe lights at the hub/castle and it felt like a never ending nightclub. One of my favorite parts of the May DAH was the calmness of Main Street. I’m also not a huge villains fan anyway.

I’m in Space line now to end the night. Everyone came here, lol. It has been about 20 minutes despite near walk on about 90 minutes ago.
Recap:
HM
IASW
Snack
Pooh
Buzz x2
Astro Orbiter
Snack
Space
Pan
PotC
BTMRR x2
Space

Much more done tonight than during last night’s EMH. I also could have done without the villains price upcharge but I was just here for rides. But I definitely would DAH again

Last edited:
On bus to Pop now. We had a lot of fun tonight and even though I felt there was a ton of people there wait times were great except my daughter waited 30 min for space mtn which she loved. We didn’t look at 7D. Walked on everything else. Rode every single thing we wanted to. Watched the midnight show. Stood at the hub directly across from where Maleficent entered the hub. The stilt walkers and winged figures came right up to us. That was amazing. The show lasted about 20 min and was pretty good. Splash was down all evening as far as I know. We would have ridden it before 10 if we could have. Side note at 9:50 they let party goers into the Peter Pan FP line. That ended up a walk-on for us because of that. There was a big group of media at the midnight show (roped off in the center of hub facing stage. We talked to the Trackers briefly which was cool. We got some ice cream and waters. Didn’t buy any of the special food. So even though it was crazy crowded it was great for riding. Oh and Pirates has a couple live actors - one talking in the ride and one in the line. Great night. Well back at Pop and time for bed!

Just left. Prior to event:
BOG dinner (took two hours from check in until we left)
Buzz FP
HEA
SDMT FP
Enter Philharmagic just prior to 10:00
During Event:
IASW
PP
Snack break
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Pirates ( my favorite with the “live” pirates)
Snack break
Back to hub for the dragon/show
People mover
Buzz
Shopping on main street

This is my third after hours event. It was the best in terms of the CMs clearing the park of day guests. They were truly awesome. We never waited more than 5 minutes for anything. As far as crowds, there were times I felt it was empty and times it felt a little crowded, especially in the hub. Maybe this is an indicator but maybe not...there really was never an opportunity to get a ride vehicle/boat to yourself or never an opportunity to ride again without getting off. The lines moved quickly but the vehicles were full. In our brief shopping on main street we only saw t-shirts and mugs specific to the event but again, our shopping was brief.

I’d definitely do it again. I loved the party feel and the cast members seem to have more fun with the guests during these types of events. When I do it again, I think I’ll take another approach and spend more time on the shows and other things and not so much on riding. There was a lot going on and without a doubt, the three hours flew by in no time.

I’m also on the bus back to resort. They reran the Villain stage show at 1am (and the dragon at 1:20). That was perfect for us since we exited Space a couple minutes after 1. So we got to see it but didn’t waste ride time.

So many light effects everywhere and I ageee that the CMs seemed in a festive mood. As for the tweet about not hearing Ursula in Space, our first ride we went left and being in the dark was such a surprise I heard nothing but music. Our second ride, we went right and I definitely heard all of that without issue. Perhaps because I wasn’t so focused on the dark? YMMV

On bus to Pop now. We had a lot of fun tonight and even though I felt there was a ton of people there wait times were great except my daughter waited 30 min for space mtn which she loved. We didn’t look at 7D. Walked on everything else. Rode every single thing we wanted to. Watched the midnight show. Stood at the hub directly across from where Maleficent entered the hub. The stilt walkers and winged figures came right up to us. That was amazing. The show lasted about 20 min and was pretty good. Splash was down all evening as far as I know. We would have ridden it before 10 if we could have. Side note at 9:50 they let party goers into the Peter Pan FP line. That ended up a walk-on for us because of that. There was a big group of media at the midnight show (roped off in the center of hub facing stage. We talked to the Trackers briefly which was cool. We got some ice cream and waters. Didn’t buy any of the special food. So even though it was crazy crowded it was great for riding. Oh and Pirates has a couple live actors - one talking in the ride and one in the line. Great night. Well back at Pop and time for bed!
I’m so jealous that you got to talk to the trackers

Just in case you missed the list of attractions, NONE of the character meets are taking place during this Villain's version of DAH. I'm mentioning it because your 3-year old GD may expect to see the princesses again since she was able to meet them last time and she got so much attention. You may need to prep her in advance with a story about what the princesses are doing that night that they are not at MK.
Thanks, the grand is not coming this trip. Just me, my 15 year old daughter and 12 year old niece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter