• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I know what you mean. I was ok(ish) with the villains stuff but the addition of the specials treats "feels" like a test to see if folks go for this and then they can get rid of the free stuff. I'm probably wrong but it definitely makes me wonder. I also don't think the treats look that good either except maybe the maleficent cone.

Thia is the only option for our trip so I'm on the fence about it. We had so much fun at the regular AH event, I'm worried we won't like it.

This will be our first one, so we'll have nothing to compare it to. But if a regular one had been available on our trip, I would have chosen that one too. We may watch a show if the reviews are good and the wait times are low. However, I don't intend to spend a dime on any of those special treats. These tickets were a lot of money, so everyone in my family will be gorging on Coke, popcorn, and Mickey bars!

Forgive me for this probably dumb question that I'm guessing is answered somewhere, but we've never even been to WDW since FP+ and are pretty clueless.

If we do not use a regular park ticket on the day of the party, opting to use just the DAH ticket instead, can we make FP+ reservations that day starting at 7:00? We have 8 day PH+ tickets that are spanning across 9 days. This would be the only day we don't actually use a real ticket entry - planning to do Typhoon Lagoon earlier, then DAH.

Thanks, and sorry for my cluelessness!

I spoke with IT this weekend about this as I had problems last year. She seemed to understand my problem and said the solution is this:

Book FP+ for all of your regular park days first. Then book your party day FP+. Even if this means you don't book in chronological order.

Example: Let's say you have a 5 day ticket and a party ticket

July 31 regular ticket
Aug 1 party
Aug 2 reg ticket
Aug 3 reg ticket
Aug 4 reg ticket
Aug 5 reg ticket

If you book in order, the system will use all of regular tickets first, and then when you get to Aug 5th, it says, hey, you have no more tickets. I see you have a party ticket, but there is no party on Aug 5th.

If you book FP+ for all of the regular ticket days first, when you go back to book FP+ for Aug 1 party, it says, hey no more regular tickets left, but this party ticket will work.

Now, this makes sense to me...but last year I spoke to IT over and over again, got a different answer every time...so who knows?

I know what you mean. I was ok(ish) with the villains stuff but the addition of the specials treats "feels" like a test to see if folks go for this and then they can get rid of the free stuff. I'm probably wrong but it definitely makes me wonder. I also don't think the treats look that good either except maybe the maleficent cone.

Thia is the only option for our trip so I'm on the fence about it. We had so much fun at the regular AH event, I'm worried we won't like it.
I feel like I've been eating that "tart" with different colors/pictures on it for at least half my life.

Anyone got a lead on a good place to get a Men's villain t-shirt? There are tons of womens ones. Looking for a good Scar, Davy Jones, or Shere Kahn. Maybe even a Black Pearl or Dead Men Tell No Tales. Just not a lot of good choices for men
Have you checked Hot Topic? They really have a big selection of Disney clothing, for men and women.

So... let's speculate a little.

IF (key word) we believe Disney's website speak to be intentionally accurate (another key word)....

Regular DAH: this event is your chance to enjoy over 25 popular attractions and Character Greetings with little to no wait time.

Villains DAH: this event is your chance to access over 20 attractions with low wait times

Which "5" attractions get the ax?

I vote that they are not counting speedway in the list for summer.

I think they will keep Mickey but other characters might be in jeopardy - seems like they would be ‘trades’ for the villains character staff.

This will be our first one, so we'll have nothing to compare it to. But if a regular one had been available on our trip, I would have chosen that one too. We may watch a show if the reviews are good and the wait times are low. However, I don't intend to spend a dime on any of those special treats. These tickets were a lot of money, so everyone in my family will be gorging on Coke, popcorn, and Mickey bars!
I agree! I’m too embarrassed to tell you how many treats I ate at mine lol! :rolleyes1

What is the general feeling regarding September DAH dates? Is it likely that another batch of dates will be released, or do most people believe that this is the last of the DAH dates for 2019?

What is the general feeling regarding September DAH dates? Is it likely that another batch of dates will be released, or do most people believe that this is the last of the DAH dates for 2019?

Ignoring SWGE for a second and its potential impact property-wide, I can’t see this batch being the end. The DAH trend is up (meaning, an increase in offerings) so I’d expect at least a few to be sprinkled around Sept-Dec like last year. At least that’s my assumption.

Anyone planning on wearing costumes for the Villain party? I have a son (21) who is ALL about costumes so we really have to! I'm a little worried about the high temps making us uncomfortable but fingers crossed!

Anyone got a lead on a good place to get a Men's villain t-shirt? There are tons of womens ones. Looking for a good Scar, Davy Jones, or Shere Kahn. Maybe even a Black Pearl or Dead Men Tell No Tales. Just not a lot of good choices for men
BoxLunch has multiple shirts, and multiple with Scar.

Welp, I have a “last minute” (for me) solo trip coming together and the Villains event was what put me over the edge! I picked up a ticket for August 8, which originally was my arrival date, but now it looks like I’ll be flying in after work on the 7th...no way am I taking a 5:30am flight and doing DAH the same night! My concern is about the FP situation though...does that documented warning/cancellation issue happen if you have an AP? I’m upgrading my park ticket to one on this trip.

Anyone planning on wearing costumes for the Villain party? I have a son (21) who is ALL about costumes so we really have to! I'm a little worried about the high temps making us uncomfortable but fingers crossed!

I thought about it but decided against it. I’m Disneybounding Maleficent with black shorts, purple tank top and Maleficent ears & Magic Band wrap (Etsy). I may get elaborate with my eye makeup, depending on weather that day (mostly rain).

I could be wrong but I doubt you, or he, will be able to since costumes aren't allowed except for the Halloween party for adults - unless it's more Disney bounding.

Recently, guests have been allowed in between 6:00-6:30 for MK DAH. The official entry time is 7:00 though, regardless of the timing of the actual event.
Thanks for the info. (I was asking for a friend who is going tonight.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter