**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Did they change the hours? I booked for May 23. DAH hours were listed as 9-12. Just checked my email receipt to confirm- yes. Now I am seeing on the website hours posted as 10-1?

It was confusing, but the best we can tell is that the 9-12 May hours were an error. They changed the website late Thursday to show them all as 10-1am. All the May dates are showing up as 10-1am on various calendars, schedules, and confirmation e-mails.

The park calendar still shows 9pm park closings for four of the five May dates (5/30 already had a 10pm closing before this week’s new dates), but I’d bet $ those will eventually be extended to 10pm closings.

Hope that helps.

Went last night with whole fam. First time ever together in MK. Some real nostalgic moments since I’d taken DS 12 years ago and we rode his two favorites together last night .

I headed over with DD earlier we ubered to Grand Floridian then monorail to MK. It was a bit after 6. We walked over to CM with after hours sign, checked in, and got our wrist bands. It was so crowded Wall to wall people. FP Pirates, ate at Skippers at DD request then FP Haunted Mansion. Boys arrived so we short cutted around back to meet them near entrance and took short cut again back to Tomorrowland since everything was set for fireworks to start. Rode Buzz then People Mover, bathroom break, watched fireworks then lined up at 10 for Space. They still had tons of day guests In line. So ride took longer than it should have. Although a fav of DD she only wanted to ride everything once which was perfect as far as timing because we finished a bit before 1 am. After space went to SDTM again day guests were still in line so it took a bit of time. Small world then a bit of a line for Peter Pan but that was only night guests then Haunted Mansion. The stand out front of HM was out of almost everything an hour into event?!?! Walked down to other coaster railway. Both tracks working and no line. Then me and kids went on Splash one of my favorites but didn’t bring ponchos I got wet kids didn’t but I just changed into me sweatshirt. We found a stand with Mickey bar, frozen banana, and Mickey sandwich and popcorn. Next was Pirates and last was Jungle Cruise. We walked toward front doing a bit of window shopping and took photo together at 1am. Walked over to Contemporary and Ubered to WBC from there. In condo before 2am

Soooo worth the money.

Some thoughts. They really need to get the day guests off rides before 10 period. I didn’t mind that there were more after hours people than the beginning events as some posted. I don’t like a desolate park. I thought crowd level was fine -problem with lines was too many day guests. I did think it was really dark throughout the park. It’s not Pandora it needs to be better lit. There are plenty of stands with food drink. If one doesn’t have what you want a few away the next stand will.

We didn’t feel rushed did everything we wanted. I was surprised that DH and DS stayed til end but they both said it was so pleasant without the throngs of people that for a change they enjoyed being at the park. It was a wonderful first full family experience at MK and I’m grateful we could afford the tickets
Day guests paid to be there too. And honestly, 10 PM at the height of spring break is sort of early to begin with.

I am really hoping they have one on Saturday, 7/6. They had one last year on the same day. It would fit perfectly into my plans!

I was pretty much giving up on it, since they've been on Thursdays lately. I do hope that changes!!

I hadn't thought about them changing back to Saturdays. I hope they do too! We'll also be there July 6, so that would be perfect for us! Now I just hope they release the July dates WITH the June dates, so we don't have to wait any longer...

I was just asking about this. Hopefully, they don't extend the regular hours up until 10. I am also going to have to figure out a way to get my family to stay up! 9-12 was sounding doable but now 10-1 might be pushing it! We are morning people, not night owls. Lots of coffee before we go! Super excited!

It's always irritating whether it's emh or anything else that you have to waste the first hour to filter guests through the lines. But, when you're paying extra for an event, it is especially irksome. If they don't leave the buffer, we'll do the secondary rides the first hour rather than waste time standing in line for the headliners. You'd think the least they could do is open the FP line for eligible guests.

Has anyone done an After Hours Event before with their kids? Magic Kingdom is going to have an After Hours Event while we are there and wondering if it is worth it. How did your kids handle being out so late? Thanks.

I will caveat that year over year hours have been a little less YTD 2019, but last year the first 14 days of June had a mix of 11pm and 12am closing times, with only one 10pm closing (Sunday 6/10). Again, past performance isn’t always a great predictor of future results, but I think it’s a helpful guide.

I would love that while my son and I were there! That'll make for a pretty neat evening EMH from 11-1 or 12-2. However, when I look at the calendar here, I only see 10pm closings last year. :worried:

Don’t look at park hours here. Check Touring Plans.
For example, on Wednesday June 6, 2018, MK closed at 11pm, with 1AM EMH close.

I'm having a hard time finding the calendar. Guess you have to subscribe. But thanks for the example. Cross my fingers they extend hours for our trip.

It's always irritating whether it's emh or anything else that you have to waste the first hour to filter guests through the lines. But, when you're paying extra for an event, it is especially irksome. If they don't leave the buffer, we'll do the secondary rides the first hour rather than waste time standing in line for the headliners. You'd think the least they could do is open the FP line for eligible guests.

Sorta wish they would let DAH guests use the FP line for the first hour....

I understand the day guest strategy to get in line before park close (because Disney allows this) - but the DAH guests paid to not wait in line behind day guests after start time. Hopefully they can find a happy medium.

When we go on April 11 - I will definitely be prepared to employ the strategy of doing secondary rides first...

I understand the day guest strategy to get in line before park close (because Disney allows this) - but the DAH guests paid to not wait in line behind day guests after start time. Hopefully they can find a happy medium.

When we go on April 11 - I will definitely be prepared to employ the strategy of doing secondary rides first...
It seems some CMs do let after hours guests into the FP line, they did for us on Jungle Cruise right at 10 pm

If they let DAH guests use the fastpass lines while other guests are still in the standby line, it would take much longer to cycle the day guests through the rides and out of the lines altogether. We have done DAH at MK twice, and never had to wait in line at the beginning because we start with things like Dumbo during the fireworks and the teacups or the peoplemover.

I would love that while my son and I were there! That'll make for a pretty neat evening EMH from 11-1 or 12-2. However, when I look at the calendar here, I only see 10pm closings last year. :worried:

Historical park hours on the DIS site aren’t always 100% reliable as sometimes later stage updates don’t get reflected, I wouldn’t use it as a source if you need total accuracy. I’ll let the content folks know last year’s hours look a bit off. Thanks. :-)

Has anyone done an After Hours Event before with their kids? Magic Kingdom is going to have an After Hours Event while we are there and wondering if it is worth it. How did your kids handle being out so late? Thanks.
We just did the event (10-1am) this week with our kids-10,14,and 16. They are not that young but we are not late night people at all! We slept in that morning and had a relaxing day. I think that really helped us and we made it until closing. All the ice cream probably helped too!
We also slept in the next day too!!

We just did the event on the 28th. I have a 4 year old and 10 year old. It was the 5th day of our trip so I had been trying to get her in the routine of staying up late. She usually crashes around 10. But we slept in that morning, which led to a later than usual nap. She literally didn't fall asleep until we were walking out! It was perfect. If we had been still she couldn't have made it so late but I let her choose rides and she was excited to go. It was a 10-1 event. We did one last year in February where it was 8-11 and that was obviously easier on the kiddos, but we built up to the late hours and didn't have any issues.

My group of 4 is going on May 30th! Looking forward to lots of rides, diet cokes, and strawberry bars without the sun beating down on me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter