**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I did the Feb. 7th DAH. I know there are a lot of positive comments about the event, but I'm going to be one of the few to be on the fence whether it was worth it or not. My family and I loved the beautiful weather that evening. We arrived at 6:25pm, but I don't know the exact time people were let in before that. It was great not to have to battle intense crowds and long lines. We did the people mover, Buzz Lightyear, and then attempted SM. That is where we were first disappointed. It wasn't down all evening, but we would have had to keep back tracking. Then came the closure of SDMT, which was one of the biggest reasons why we did DAH in the first place. We weren't about to wait in a two hour line during the day, and we had no hope of securing a FP when we weren't staying on property. From other posts, I see that SDMT came back up at 10:45pm, but we were on the other side of the park by then. I understand that rides break down, but from all the posts I've read, this seems to be a frequent occurrence at DAH.

We did the following:

People Mover
Buzz Lightyear
Winnie the Pooh x2
Peter Pan
Small World
Haunted Mansion
Thunder Mountain
Pirates
Jungle Cruise

So, we did about 10 rides in 4.5 hours. The evening went by very quickly. We had almost no wait to get snacks. Overall, I think there are many pros to this event, but enough cons to make me seriously consider whether or not I want to spend a huge amount of money again for this. I am so grateful the weather was in our favor. :)

I felt the same. It was just a Meh from me. I wouldn’t spend the money for it again. Plus, I feel that mine train being down created longer waits elsewhere.... we waited a solid 10 minutes for Space during the event... not early into the event either. It was around 10pm. A 10 minute wait isn’t bad but definitely not the walk on I expected. Although maybe my expectations were the problem...

I felt the same. It was just a Meh from me. I wouldn’t spend the money for it again. Plus, I feel that mine train being down created longer waits elsewhere.... we waited a solid 10 minutes for Space during the event... not early into the event either. It was around 10pm. A 10 minute wait isn’t bad but definitely not the walk on I expected. Although maybe my expectations were the problem...
7DMT being down can definitely change how the event goes and the waits at other rides. The problem is Disney really doesn't have control of the rides breaking, but you could maybe still email them and let them know how your experience was. Were both sides of Space open?

7DMT being down can definitely change how the event goes and the waits at other rides. The problem is Disney really doesn't have control of the rides breaking, but you could maybe still email them and let them know how your experience was. Were both sides of Space open?
It seems this ride is frequently down for special events. Coincidence?? It was down when I was there is August for the Halloween party.

Only one side of Space was open at that time, though both sides had been open earlier in the event.

I did go to guest services and they gave us Fastpasses to use for Mine Train later this week. I was glad it wasn’t our last night of the trip.

Only one side of Space was open at that time, though both sides had been open earlier in the event.

I did go to guest services and they gave us Fastpasses to use for Mine Train later this week. I was glad it wasn’t our last night of the trip.
Oh okay I’m glad they made things right in a way that worked for you! I would’ve been upset to see space running one side when they knew 7dmt was down.

I did the Feb. 7th DAH. I know there are a lot of positive comments about the event, but I'm going to be one of the few to be on the fence whether it was worth it or not.

We were there that night and TOTALLY agree! This was our only chance to ride 7DMT, so we were super-disappointed that it was down the whole night. We waited in the big line at City Hall for about 30 minutes after the event so we could voice our disappointment, and they gave us each 6 anytime/any-ride-but-Frozen FPs. Fortunately, we were able to rearrange our schedule on our departure day so we could get back to MK for 7DMT.

Also, we encountered lines at nearly every snack cart, and they even cut off the big line at the cart next to Big Thunder right at the stroke of 11 (whereas at the AK After Hours Event, the Pandora-adjacent cart was practically throwing drinks and treats at guests well after the event ended).

I liked that there were so many more rides available than at AK, but with only 3 hours and MK as huge as it is, we were constantly racing to do the next one and still only managed about 3 per hour. I hear that previous after-hours events were 4 or more hours long, and I think I’d only do one again if they increased the time.

It seems this ride is frequently down for special events. Coincidence?? It was down when I was there is August for the Halloween party.

:laughing: This happened to us at DHS when I did this event in December. SDD was down for quite a while but at least they got it up and running after 2 hours but they weren't making any promises. After checking in repeatedly with the CMs, who by the way, were wonderful, they couldn't guarantee it would be available at all that night. I do think this may be just coincidence because it looks like they made the effort. I have to say at the time I was not a happy camper mostly because there aren't that many rides available at DHS as it is. That being said, I really would consider DAH at both MK and AK. I'm hoping Disney extends it and wish they would offer it year round.

Last edited:

Question about tickets. I bought tickets online for 3/28 and the email confirmation says to go to will call to pick them up. I can also see the tickets in our MDE profile and they are assigned to each of us, so can't we just scan in like we normally would with our AP?

Question about tickets. I bought tickets online for 3/28 and the email confirmation says to go to will call to pick them up. I can also see the tickets in our MDE profile and they are assigned to each of us, so can't we just scan in like we normally would with our AP?

Yeah, so long as you see the DAH tickets properly assigned to the right people in your profile(s), you’re good to scan in at a designated DAH entry tapstyle (or at one of the inside the park locations if you’re already in the park), no need to pick up tickets at will call (unless you just really want a plastic card for some reason).

They will just scan your magic bands and then give you a wrist band for the event. Hopefully they will have more CM's giving out wrist bands than they did on our evening - there was a line of people just waiting to get them after they scanned our bands. Didn't take too long luckily but kind of annoying.

Yes you just can your magic band in the party line when you get there. No need to pick anything up other than your wristband if it shows in your MDE.

Yeah, so long as you see the DAH tickets properly assigned to the right people in your profile(s), you’re good to scan in at a designated DAH entry tapstyle (or at one of the inside the park locations if you’re already in the park), no need to pick up tickets at will call (unless you just really want a plastic card for some reason).
Thanks!!

They will just scan your magic bands and then give you a wrist band for the event. Hopefully they will have more CM's giving out wrist bands than they did on our evening - there was a line of people just waiting to get them after they scanned our bands. Didn't take too long luckily but kind of annoying.
Thanks! Were there lines both inside and outside the park? We plan to head in about 6 or 7 but have APs. We were hoping to get our wrist band somewhere in the park.

Have fun!

I’ll just stress again making sure they are on your profile. I made the mistake last summer where I had bought DAH tickets via phone - and if you by them via phone they are NOT automatically linked your your profile (you have to manually add them). Well dumb me wasn’t paying attention, I never linked my tickets, etc... scanned in with resulting blue Mickey... and a resulting 15 minute trip to guest relations outside the park while we figured it out. Doh!

This isn’t a problem if purchased online as they have to be assigned to an individual when purchased.

Thanks! Were there lines both inside and outside the park? We plan to head in about 6 or 7 but have APs. We were hoping to get our wrist band somewhere in the park.

This was outside the park - hopefully it won't be that bad inside but who knows. And really it only took a few minutes so it wasn't that bad. Just kind of annoying when you're raring to get going! ;)

Have fun!

I’ll just stress again making sure they are on your profile. I made the mistake last summer where I had bought DAH tickets via phone - and if you by them via phone they are NOT automatically linked your your profile (you have to manually add them). Well dumb me wasn’t paying attention, I never linked my tickets, etc... scanned in with resulting blue Mickey... and a resulting 15 minute trip to guest relations outside the park while we figured it out. Doh!

This isn’t a problem if purchased online as they have to be assigned to an individual when purchased.
Thank you!
I bet that was so annoying! 15 minutes is an eternity if you have something planned.
Hopefully I’m all set then. They are linked to the 5 in our party so we will plan to just scan in. I saved the email confirmation just in case!

Attended the Feb. 7th DAH at MK.... absolutely worth it! We arrived at about 6:15 and were told we couldn't enter until 7:00 (annoying now that I see others were allowed to enter at 6:30). However, we had an extra day pass so we used it to enter right away. We did some shopping along Main Street and made our way slowly towards Splash Mountain by 7:10. It was a 30 minute wait, so we decided to just get in line anyway. It was just me and my granddaughter, and she had never been up in the treehouse, so after Splash, that's where we headed. We were at the top when the fireworks started, and had a somewhat blocked view. Only stayed there for a few minutes before heading back down and jumped on Pirates with no wait. By then the party was officially "on" - we did Aladdin, Haunted Mansion, IASW, Carousel, Peter Pan, and the teacups. Headed to 7Dwarfs, and were the next to load in the car when it went down. So disappointed as that was my DGD's favourite ride. Headed over to Buzz, again, walk on. Rode the People Mover, then headed back to Big Thunder. Rode Big Thunder 5 times in a row, all with no wait. So in total, 14 rides in 3 hours, with 3 snack breaks. I may never do MK during the day again!

Have there been any DAH events when 7 Dwarfs didn't go down? Why does this seem to be such a problem on DAH nights?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter